PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trainer Customisation: Wave 2

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456··· 91011

Zerxus's AvatarZerxus
grandmaster.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

With regard to "unfortunate combinations", it's difficult to judge what to do here. Do we redesign the entire outfit just because one particular colour could be perceived as something it definitely isn't? Do we throw everything out and start over without a "raised fist" pose? I see a lot of "concerns" but no "solutions".
Pretty simple solution off the top of my head. Remove the armband and have the emblem remain or just move the cuff to the wrist to remove any SS-related associations. I'm not sure why you'd have to redesign the *entire* outfit. It seems to me that the correct response to this sort of feedback is internal art team review and not 'do you want us to resprite the entire trainer pose?'
Shop: SLE, egg passes, summons, & legendary seals - cheaper than site!
Blue Soul Dew

Blue Soul Dew

Summon Item

(item.png: 0)

A small orb with a blue coloration that manages to emanate seriousness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latios.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +2,221,477
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
NormalDark
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
Blueish's Avatarhypermode-12.pngBlueish
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
Not to interject in the middle of a probably more important discussion but :] Really happy with the additions so far, but nevertheless I'm in the camp of being interested in seeing more textured hair options and perhaps skin tones! I happen to not fall into any of the current skin tones, but in between, (actually, hair texture too...) ^^' Running with this one for a bit to see how i feel though (addition: yes i think the armband should be removed/the outfit should be otherwise altered to eliminate this imagery! I'd hate for anyone to think I'm ambivalent about that in the slightest!!)
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Zerxus

[snip]
Interesting possibilities. There will be some internal discussion (which will include the question of "does it really need to change?" before asking "okay, what do we go with instead?") and there may be a second pass at this. Thank you for providing more clarity.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
RoyaLotad's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRoyaLotad
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngc+.png
I'll chip in to say now that I've seen the combination myself, if you look at something and can immediately recognize an extremely negative connotation with it, it's probably best it be changed in some way. Absolutely think the outfit itself should be tweaked in one of the ways presented, since neither really compromise the outfit itself, they just fix this specific problem.
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
Score: 0
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Profile pic is gift art from my good friend Shiny_Mod on Twitter!
McRololo's AvatarMcRololo
master.pnge.png
I'm glad there are more options with customization, and some of the added ones look really cute and nice! But I do have to agree with what others are saying that some choices here are a miss instead of a hit. It wasn't all too long ago that there was a thread about gender expression in the forums, and it makes me sad to see that yet another mistake is being made when it comes to the trainer appearances. Why is clothing still being gendered here? Alchemist's idea of being able to mix the clothing is WAY better than assigning the clothes to a specific body type/gender. Also to add my two cents: I would remove the armband entirely to be honest. I'd never heard or seen the concept before, and my immediate response was the connection to the "unfortunate combinations". Just because something wasn't meant to be there doesn't mean the connection can't be made. This is a European based website, we have history. Of course people will make connections.
Zerxus's AvatarZerxus
grandmaster.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Interesting possibilities. There will be some internal discussion (which will include the question of "does it really need to change?" before asking "okay, what do we go with instead?") and there may be a second pass at this. Thank you for providing more clarity.
Thanks for consideration. I'll say the most important parts of the association are probably: - raised arm pose (can't do anything about this) - two-toned armband with two distinct upper and lower stripes in a contrasting color with a circular emblem (stripes could be removed, thickened, or emblem removed) - position on upper arm (position of armband could be altered Hope that gives some idea what minor edits would be helpful while keeping the original artistic vision of the school uniform. Anyone else familiar with Nazi visual imagery can chime in too.
AstrumFlare's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAstrumFlare
hypermode.pngmaster.pnge+.png
(Im also butting in in this conversation, not replying. Im autistic and am terrified of confrontation, also a horrible over explainer. Just wanted to show my gratitude) I love all the new hair colours and new hair+clothing options 🥰🥰 they look amazing. Thanks for the team for doing a great job on them!
moongoer's Avatarmoongoer
grandmaster.pngd.png
Pigtails!!!!! I could cry, thank you so much to the staff!!!! EDIT: having now gone back to look at the outfits (and not just the hair...) the school outfit is. Well. Why does it need an armband to begin with? I completely agree with everyone about the history and connotations of armbands over uniform and to be honest having worn a uniform for all my schooling, I never saw anyone wearing armbands. I don't understand why it was included at all - there are no armbands or on any other outfit, and there are other ways to include insignia - especially on a school outfit. For example, from my own experience, schools usually embroider their logo on the breast pocket of the blazer or similar position on the jumper. I would definitely support removing the armband immediately. (additional edits for clarity of my thoughts; like many, I'm a little shaken and surprised to be encountering something like an armband that has obvious historical connotations here...)
Score: 0
TR score badge credit icon from fire emblem cipher!
Remster's AvatarRemster
grandmaster.pngb+.png
I'm sad none of the new stuff can be used for me to make my character more accurate, maybe another time if I'm lucky :'3 And depending of what is added later I may even decide to represent another character if I can do it better than the current one, who knows ! I also hope we'll be able to get new positions for the character, tho having to redo every outfits and all for each would take ages, so I can understand if it's not planned
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority summon_thu.png
Raijin's_Lamp
33 | summon_hup.png
Hyperspace_Ring
36 | summon_tko.png
Ku_Idol
26 ----- summon_zap.png | summon_hoo.png | summon_kyo.png | summon_ray.png | summon_deo.png | summon_gir.png | summon_zek.png | summon_kyu.png | summon_yve.png | summon_bag.png | summon_zer.png | summon_zac.png | summon_zam.png summon_ete.png | summon_zar.png | summon_cal.png | summon_w-c.png | summon_c-p.png | summon_t-l.png | summon_c-y.png
Kelsyjones's AvatarKelsyjones
elite.png
I appreciate the new customization options! I just changed my hair color. I would really like to be able to mix and match pieces of different outfits to create my own outfits, though, instead of only being able to use pre-made outfits. For example, I would like to use the shirt and sweater from the "Sweater" outfit with the skirt and tights from the "School Uniform" outfit. I understand that making sure the layering works correctly for different combinations of customization items would be difficult and time-consuming, though, so I understand why only complete outfits are available right now.

Pages: 123456··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page