PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

AI Art on PokeFarm

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1011121314

berrypass's Avatarberrypass
Ty for support towards human artists! <3 Or animal artists for all I care, still more effort than robot art
...and that's a wrap.
NightSmudge's AvatarNightSmudge
Based That you for supporting us artists!
Hey, I draw stuff mer...
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22

QUOTE originally posted by MourningGlories

may i suggest adding a link or mention to Nightshade or Glaze? they're both programs made to combat ai art by adding nearly invisible noise, it's almost unnoticable to the human eye, but it essentially poisons ai! i don't want to add a link just in case, but it seems beneficial to mention
Combating debatable ethics by ruining something else seems seems like a prime example of two wrongs don't make a right. It's like protesting Nestle by locking employees in the factory and shutting it down.
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
pkspsapphire's Avatarpkspsapphire

QUOTE originally posted by JadeJester22

Combating debatable ethics by ruining something else seems seems like a prime example of two wrongs don't make a right. It's like protesting Nestle by locking employees in the factory and shutting it down.
what exactly is nightshade or glaze "ruining"
  • 🪪
  • 📋
  • 🔗

sapphire/they/23

Tournament Token (Ruby)

Tournament Token (Ruby)

Event Item

(: 0)

[LEGACY] A token earned from Weekly Tournaments Season 10 but it is too old to be valid.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +4,549,089
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireFighting
Happiness MAX
Quiet nature
1130 eggs
Score: 2196
credits

credits

QUOTE originally posted by pkspsapphire

what exactly is nightshade or glaze "ruining"
Damaging a tech that could actually be good provided regulations about it's data usage are applied. I think the AI issue is way more complex than "New tech bad, artist good, developer should rot in prison."

Damaging a tech that could actually be good provided regulations about it's data usage are applied. I think the AI issue is way more complex than "New tech bad, artist good, developer should rot in prison."
discussion with you is pointless if you think that stopping models from being trained off of stolen art is as bad as the act of stealing art itself.

QUOTE originally posted by pkspsapphire

discussion with you is pointless if you think that stopping models from being trained off of stolen art is as bad as the act of stealing art itself.
The statement never said data stealing was good, but the problem is people love to hate on the concept itself and not just the shady ways the database is fed. I agree that art theft isn't good, but if you try to propose something like a "public" database artists could willingly feed (while still retaining full ownership of their creation) the art still seems to have an issue with it.

The statement never said data stealing was good, but the problem is people love to hate on the concept itself and not just the shady ways the database is fed. I agree that art theft isn't good, but if you try to propose something like a "public" database artists could willingly feed (while still retaining full ownership of their creation) the art still seems to have an issue with it.
that is quite literally not what you said, like, at all. you were concerned with nightshade and glaze "poisoning" images so that models can't be trained off of them. which is giving artists the power to prevent models from stealing their art. which is objectively good. in no way does "poisoning" art damage the model, which is still free to train off of whatever other images it's told to. there's other issues present with generating ai "art" but you only seem concerned with taking artist's works...
Chiro's AvatarChiro

No one is hating on the concept? Artists just hate their work being stolen the way it is, and has nothing to do with the original argument? Also, ai art sites don't seem to have any respect for the original artists--

Koi | Rockruff Hoarder | Minor

Tired Infinitely; What's sleep?
Pokeheroes Scratch.credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon- Me!! Happy Early Pride Month! Signature Pagedoll @Lilieth! Rockruff sprite (pfq sprite, recolored by Sedona!! Permission to edit/recolor sprite+embed two sprites in one image:here.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Hey everyone, just going to quote this reminder as I see this thread is getting a little bit off-topic:

QUOTE originally posted by Gumshoe

The discussion in this thread seems to be getting a bit sidetracked, so we're going to remind everyone that this isn't about whether AI art is somehow inherently evil. The issue that has us disallowing it is that the lack of legal regulation and rampant art theft currently considered to be normal practice in generating AI art are incompatible with our longstanding position on art theft. Much in the same way that image aggregator sites are incompatible with our position. Neither demonization nor assumption of demonization is warranted as part of this discussion.
It's not a "bad" conversation to be having; but on PokéFarm in this announcement thread is not exactly the place for it. Thank you.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

Pages: 123··· 1011121314

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page