PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

AI Art on PokeFarm

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 891011121314

TheRPGNerd's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTheRPGNerd
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge+.png
pokefarm based?????? seriously tho as an artist i appreciate this tons :3c
My profile picture was made by @CinderTobGlow on twitter, as a gift. [Pronouns are they/them.] Obsessed with mystery dungeon.
type race signature by Kieri
HootisPootis's AvatarHootisPootis
grandmaster.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Qewt

No. Stupid update. No one asked for this. Some people can't draw, since people can't afford the services offered on the site. Revert immediately
every person here asked actually, hope this helps
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(item.png: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 85 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
PsychicGrass
Happiness 0%
Hardy nature
Noahverse's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNoahverse
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
In the context of this website and it's art shops, I understand and fully support the blanket ban on AI art. I feel like there's some misunderstanding of the technology involved going on though, and it feels unfair to me not to adress it. It's a lot more complicated than just "combining (source) images" to create new "art". It is Machine Learning, and prompt engineering and refining is a whole other skillset, separate from an artist's. Though there IS a huge problem of unethical sourcing of the images used to train the models, there are models who aim to only source ethical images. It's not common knowledge though, and you do have to go out of your way to use those, but it's a thing. As for the problem of AI "art" flooding the platforms and not being transparent about the tool's use, well, yeah, it's a problem. One that, in my opinion, requires heavy regulating to keep it separate from artist's platforms without outright banning it. Again, I wholeheartedly support the rule. That's what this community seems to want and I respect that. I just, personally, don't think the common "AI "art" = BAD" sentiment is fair and wanted to throw my two cents in. It is a tool like any other, but one that, sadly, currently does cause real harm to real artists.

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

v-fairy.pngfairy.png: 0 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
37Bulbasaurs's Avatar37Bulbasaurs
grandmaster.pnge.png

No. Stupid update. No one asked for this. Some people can't draw, since people can't afford the services offered on the site. Revert immediately
Procedurally generated art isn't drawing, though. If you can't draw, telling a machine to use its database of unethically gathered information to assemble that information into a thing doesn't make you any better at drawing, nor does it count as you creating a thing. If you can't draw, either go learn, do some other form of art, or buy/trade for/find a place to request the art you want from a real actual person.
Lv. 100 — +1,631,027
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassPoison
Happiness MAX
Timid nature
BendyDemon's AvatarBendyDemon
grandmaster.pnge+.png

I think the difference between AI 'art' and hand drawn should be clarified so no one gets the wrong idea AI 'art' is imagery that is basically created solely by a computer with no human hands touching a pen or drawing tool whereas hand drawn can be art drawn on a medium then scanned into an art program for clean up or art drawn using a graphics tablet and a graphics program like photoshop, Medibang Paint Pro, or whatever. I think it is unfortunate that such a specific rule is needed but I can understand why, personally I much prefer to see someones actual creation regardless of skill and not something that a computer slapped together.
Bendy avatar is mine..I drew it. Name: Umachu Name: Wavelength Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
PROJECT W's Avatarhypermode-12.pngPROJECT W
hypermode.pngmaster.pnge+.png
While I don't hate AI art unless people claim it as something they actually drew/try to make money off of it/etc other scummy things, seeing this rule reaffirmed makes me VERY happy. As someone who left DeviantART due to the AI art update (as well as the Eclipse update, but I digress), this makes me happy. I use AI art for private D&D campaign backgrounds/items and that's about it. People who use it for "art" they claim to be their own "work" or try to sell it off make me sick. Thank you, Pokefarm staff/mods, for not teaming up with the Twitter/X techbros.
(Icon artist/post link.)
Score: 0
(Above code created by LycanKai.)
CatColette36's AvatarCatColette36
ultra.pnge.png
Oh, Thanks for the rule! But I don't use the AI art... Btw, My avatar is "Pet the Meme" but it's BrawlStars Bibi GIF by someone on Pinterist or else.
Marbs's AvatarMarbs
ultra.pngc.png
came back to see pfq taking a huge W. love to see it!
Forum avatar is official LoL art.
Invisible's Avatarhypermode-12.pngInvisible
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png

If anyone had been using AI art in the past 11 months, I think they would've just been flat-out breaking the rules already. They'd have been lucky to not be caught
Check out our joint-shop: Colorburst Trinkets
Griseous Orb

Griseous Orb

Summon Item

(item.png: 0)

An orb that doesn't seem to belong. It casts the reflection of its viewer with distorted properties. Using it seems to call upon the power of the Legendary Pokémon Giratina.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 2 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 82%
Calm nature
Score: 0
Badge Credit (LycanKai)
Kiwi-Soda's AvatarKiwi-Soda
master.pnge.png
Pokefarm based!!! I am using Explosion move on all AI art!!
Current super favourite Pokemon: Inteleon - Gallade - Bisharp - Gliscor (And vampire gliscor) - Current super favourite Pokemon characters (non exhaustive list): Guzma - Grimsley - Leon - Rika - Cheryl - Gloria - Prof Sycamore - PFP by King Kat!

Pages: 123··· 891011121314

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page