PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A few points

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

L0VECLUB's AvatarL0VECLUB
Alright, here I am, without my power smell, but that's okay. I skimmed the forums and found nothing that hinted toward some of these, so, here we go. (Round 2. You know who you are :p) Point 1: Firstly, when I try to do my about, it comes up like any other message box. I post a few words, and, guess what? I think it looks tacky. See, some of us don't know code and are just kids looking for something to do... And seeing other people do their /own/ coding makes me, and maybe some other people, feel like idiots. So, my solution is to make an easier to make about, specifically by making it more easily viewed in-creation(Keep the bbcode option, but, like, take them to another page if they want to make stuff easier for themselves.) Add a box at the top to add Div containers and add image options, font, and tables like you usually see in your Word app on your computer. It would make life easier for most of us and let us feel professional, too. I can show each of you an example privately. Point 2: Like, individual feilds I guess??? Whenever I'm trying to get all my needed interactions in on a specific user, I go through their feilds. Clicking, Clacking, all that good stuff. Then, ta-da, the notification from my subbed forums comes up, and, being the hardy ninja-clicker that I am, I go to it. When I come back, I am greeted with ghosts of the pokemon I already interacted with. Me internally: wHYY DOES UZUMI HAVE TO HAVE SOOO MANY FEILDS??? (Excuse the caps; exaggerating here, but this is seriously how I feel on these things.) Just fix this so I can go to my next feild in peace. Point 3: Float Messages? I just wanna be able to click into there and go back out without having to deal with finding my place aGAIN in there. Have it open with a back button or something in the corner so I can continue clicking/reading and not feel so hardy about it. I would also like messages to start from the bottom and have a bar at the top where you can pull down the rest of them. Ex: Hi, Niet! I wanted to review some stuff with you! [View 6 out of 27 messages] Niet: Me: //So on and so forth Point 4: Opening things from People's profile Just have a bar or something in the scrolly down doodad for our Journals, Messages, and what else... I'll let you pick. I would want to see all of my forums together that I created, and see other people's, too. It would be less confusing, and maybe have a link to the specific messages of that person? Of course, you can only see what you sent them.... To add on, different subjects should have their own thread so we don't have to look through pages and pages of different threads... Seriously... What else? I think I covered most of it! Thanks for reading!
Check out my story! Showcase!
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Point 1: No support, The About me is good the way it is. There are plenty of free-to-use codes if you want it to look nice and orderly. Otherwise just use hideboxes. point 2: You can easily open a second tab to check your notifications, thus keeping you on the field you had been clicking Point 3: I'm not entirely sure what your asking for here, but we already have PMs for sending messages between 2 people and like I said in point 2 you can easily open up a second tab to check them in without giving up your field location. Point 4: That's what the About me is for :/ not everyone has a journal, links to PM and trading are already at the top of the about me, and any links you want to put to your forum threads can be put in the About me. There's no reason to create a second box for them all.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Point 1: But still, we want to be able to do our own stuff, without having to learn bbcode. It's a matter of dignity for some of us. Who want to do our own things. Why just be "good enough" when you can be your best? Point 2: Tabs can, very quickly, get out of hand, especially on mobile. If you don't have your tabs living with your other apps, you can have up to 15 tabs just looking in your messages. Do you know how annoying that is? Not to mention how hard using a phone period is when you're disabled.(more information in a pm) And then, in your school days, you probably lose the study guide that you forgot to bookmark because of the crazy clear all button. Point 3: Messages that float over your current page. It would look a little messy, but, if you cover it completely and just keep the arrow or back button in the corner, preferably on the left hand side, you could go right back to what you were doing after sending it. (Example still in pm) Point 4: What if we don't always copy/paste everything we make? When we left, if we left it there a while and /nobody/ commented on it, we would forget. I mean, Send Trade/Gift is on there. There's a page for that. Why can't it be filtered for you? And here's another one; the option to keep a journal private. It would protect some people's feelings and opinions from the wide world. Admins and moderators could still view it, of course. (Edit: fixed a typo)
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
1: If you're not going to put in the effort to learn bbcode in the first place, then a special editor isn't going to help you. You're still going to have to tell it what to do yourself. 2: It's extremely easy to keep tabs in check, even on mobile. I'm doing it right now in fact, I have a tab for doing things like this and a tab for mass clicking. Because this one isn't stuck on fields I can use it to do anything without having to create tons of different tabs. 3: they'd have to completely re-do the PM set up to make it a floating style message system, and there really isn't a need for that. Like I said, you can just open a new tab to view things in. 4: I'm not sure what you mean. You're auto subbed to every thread you make so the links aren't going to disappear, and you'd have to manage and update links yourself anyway. As for private journals, I'd suggest sending a PM to yourself, which is private to all but yourself and the staff.
1: We could tell it what to do by ourselves if it were simplerrrr. That's the point I'm trying to make with that. We're all not smart like those other people who make codes and stuff, but we want to have the ability to create our own things without having to drown in code for it. 2: Are they living with other apps or is it on that tiny little box next to the url? You must have an Iphone or something, I'd guess, because on android, the tabs are hard to move, look weird, and, if there are too many, you can't even get to them. I currently can't update my phone, so every feature has a challenge in it. 3:I can understand that, but how could they fix it to where you don't have to open 80 million tabs just to see them? 4:What if we unsub somehow? It would be lost forever, and then deleted after a month. How would we get it back when we suddenly remembered and found it wasn't there?
Krissi's AvatarKrissi
1. No support... Like Morzone said, BBcode isn't a requirement, and plenty of people make free-to-use templates that are easy to navigate and use. Or you can just commission somebody for a personal one like I did... BBcode is hard to learn and those who know how to code should have an advantage over those who don't go through the effort to learn something supposed to be difficult. 2. Just open a new tab? Even on mobile, just open a new tab, or wait to check the notification until you're done with what you're doing on the current tab you're in. My phone has a split screen option (I'm on an Android) so it's pretty easy to manage multiple tabs. Saying "just fix this" when nothing is broken isn't really a suggestion... I don't even know what your suggestion was for this point. 3. See point two. 4. I'm trying to figure out what you're suggesting and I really don't... Understand. You want a section on your profile where you can link stuff such as a journal, threads, etc? You can do that in your about or trainer card already. Also, any thread you're subbed to appears in your list of threads anyway, so it's not like they'll be lost?
0/300 0/300 0/300 0/300 ★ Journal ★ Vulpix pixel by Type_Null. Shop banner by Alatreon. Icon by SaintNevermOre.
As a little kid who makes free to use about me templates, I am highly insulted, cough 1. Repeating what Morzone rightly said, 'If you're not going to put in the effort to learn bbcode in the first place, then a special editor isn't going to help you. You're still going to have to tell it what to do yourself.' With the new insert bbcode feature, everything's really simple and can't possibly be better. You needn't know how to code to use things from Meu's bbcode guide. What exactly are your proposing though? Another little code which you can edit yourself and customize? Well, that's exactly what free to use codes provide. If you want to make it completely unique, there are plenty of people here willing to help. If you could elaborate on what exactly you're hoping to implement, it would help. Others have put effort into their About Mes and that makes it unique. You cannot expect a fancy About Me without any work. If I've failed to understand your point, do correct me, my bad.
stay right here
1:Do you think a lot of us have the patience for that? Again, as I said, a lot of us just do it for fun. We don't want to have to learn the entire universe of math for a Pokémon Clicking website. (No offense, Niet) Unlike you all, we don't do this for a job and we have lives, if not a kid life. What all do we do? A lot. Especially 13 year olds around me in my living area. I have a little sister to take care of, not to mention inchworm internet speeds. And an advantage? It may seem fair to you guys, but you have to consider other people's feelings. Free to use bbcodes? That's still sort of like copying, even if you have permission. What I mean, Necess, is a layout in about mes where we could make it without having to do the code stuff. You still have to work to make it look right and find images that would suit you and put it all in a line or fit in a box that you created to hold it. It's code, well, without the code, technically speaking. You see what you do and it's yours, and only yours. You don't need to be offended; You're smart. You want to do stuff that way. And it's fine. I wanted there to be a simpler and less "copycat" way of doing stuff.
NORsevvy's AvatarNORsevvy
1. No support. BBcode, like the people below me have stated, isn't a requirement. We already have the "Insert BBcode" at the bottom of every post you make, not to mention the "Somewhat Extensive Guide to BBCodes". And, as Morzone said, "if you don't put in the effort to learn bbcode in the first place, then a special editor isn't going to help you. You're still going to have to tell it what to do yourself." Lots of people do make free to use templates and are more than willing to help you learn. 2. Just open individual tabs? I mean, no offence and no disrespect, but it's not really that hard. On mobile, it's not difficult. I currently have 4 tabs open, 1 for fields and 1 for chat, and then 1 for this and the other for just general navigation on things. Just keep control of your tabs and they won't get wildly out of control. 3. ^ Or, just hit the back button on your browser after you're done with reading. 4. Free to use templates are good, too. Not everyone has a journal or shop, so what would say, three hundred new users do with it? People can link them if they want to, anyways.
in peace, may you leave this shore, in love, may you find the next, safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground... may we meet again. typerace points! - 0 [pfp is by spacehavoc!]
1. Kid, I'm 14. I don't code for a living. I have a little sister and school as well. You barely need to waste time to use a free template. You barely need to waste time to ask people for coding help. You barely need to waste time to use the insert bbcode feature. You barely need to waste time to commission a template. I will once again repeat what Morzone said, 'If you're not going to put in the effort to learn bbcode in the first place, then a special editor isn't going to help you. You're still going to have to tell it what to do yourself'. I understand why you want to make this easier, I too didn't know anything about coding before joining. But with a little time and willingness to put in effort, boom, your About Me's fancy. What exactly are you proposing to implement as a feature though? You ignored this the last time. What exactly is your solution to this so called issue?

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page