PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Make an item of a day that sells for more from inventory

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Firesong's AvatarFiresong
I'd like to say first off, yes this is not necessary but I thought it would be nice to give some items some more purpose ie. most treasure. In games, there are NPCs who will buy certain items from you at higher pricing than the mart will give you. Basically the gist of this suggestion is have an item randomly selected to sell for let's say 10% more from inventory. Now wait, you say. Won't this break the market/ make it obsolete? I don't think it will personally - it does not affect prices and money received on the market substantially - it's only one item with this boost per day. At worst, the price of one item would jump for 24 hrs and normalize. If you sell a pamtre berry for 10% more from inventory, I think the economy will be fine. But let's say we come across someone with 1000s of an item - preventatitive measure is to set a cap on how many of the boosted item you can sell per day. Lastly, this would only be items sellable from inventory - so no summons etc. because that wouldn't make much sense. A weakness I recognize is that maybe this won't be useful to many - you could probably make more selling on the market but I guess that is counter balanced by instant extra credits. Thanks for reading and let me know if there are any points I have missed.
C: Made my avatar myself.
Çørphîsh's AvatarÇørphîsh
It's a great Idea in my opinion! Many items (I think) dont have many uses, so this could at least give them the oportunity to accomplish their life-long dream of being useful XD
scavengers's Avatarscavengers
I think this suggestion could potentially be economy breaking depending on which items can be the item of the day. For example, the Relic Crown sells for 1,000,000 credits. I believe it is the highest selling item that you can sell from the inventory, but with the 10% extra from it being item of the day, its selling price would be bumped up to 1,100,000. That's an extra 100,000 credits! Now on it's own, that doesn't sound too bad. It's a nice bonus to people willing to sell their crowns instead of using them for wishforge badges. However, there's nothing to stop people from hoarding Relic Crowns to sell them all on its Item of the Day day. Even with a cap on how many can be sold, Relic Crowns would be too powerful for something like this. An easy fix would be to not allow relic items in general from being item of the day, as I think this would be a great idea for items that sell for considerably less!
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
It might need some balancing, but I think this is a cool suggestion and I support it. Listing stuff on the market takes not only time, but also buyers. Is someone really going to want to buy my stash of a million shiny stones? Probably not. And it'd take way too long to price them all individually. So I usually just sell evolution items straight from my inventory, and that goes for quite a few other miscellaneous items. This should probably apply to an entire category of items and then swap each day, since there are so many items it'd be ridiculous to only pick one.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
@Corphish :D I am glad you think it is a good idea. @coolgina Good point about the relic crowns! However, they are (as far as I know) incredibly rare from boxes and the cost of making them far exceeds 100 000 credits depending on what relics you make them from on the relic page. If it does turn out to be a problem though, exclusion of relics would be a good fix! @ Gladion I didn't think about making it apply to whole categories, sounds like a potentially good idea! :3
scavengers's Avatarscavengers
Yeah, they are very rare ^^ As I said though I do actually like this idea, especially for things like berries and evolution stones!
Çørphîsh's AvatarÇørphîsh
I used all of my credits on hypermode/ubercharm so this would be helpful to me
Mystera's AvatarMystera
The items you're talking about are patheticly cheap. Berries Commons: 3 + 10% = 3.3, round to 4? Standard: 10 + 10% = 11 Uncommon: 20 + 10% = 22 Kinda Rare: 30 + 10% = 33 Rare: 40 + 10% = 44 That's a +1-4 credit bonus... Laaaaaaamee. Treasure (excluding relics) Brick Piece: 50 -> 55 Pretty Wing: 100 -> 110 TinyMushroom: 250 -> 275 Silver Leaf: 500 -> 550 Gold Leaf/Stardust: 1000 -> 1100 Pearl: 700 -> 770 Big Mushroom: 2500 -> 2750 Big Pearl: 3750 -> 4125 Star Piece: 4900 -> 5390 Rare Bone/Big Nugget: 5000 -> 5500 That's a +5-500 bonus. Still meh. Relics Copper: 10k -> 11k, sells for 14-16k on Market (13.3k-15.2k after Doug) Silver: 20k -> 22k, sells for 33k on Market Gold: 50k -> 55k, sells for 90-100k on Market Vase: 100k -> 110k, sells for 250-290k on Market Band: 200k -> 220k, sells for 400-500k on Market Statue: 500k -> 550k, sells for 1.25-1.6mil on Market Crown: 1mil -> 1.1mil, not sold on Market WORTHLESS, just use the Market. Evo Stones 1,250 -> 1,375 1,500 -> 1,650 1,750 -> 1,925 That's +125-175. They sell like hotcakes on the Market for much more. I could keep going but from here on the numbers start repeating. tl;dr Use the Market, stuff sells for pathetic amounts from the Inventory whereas you can get double that or more on the Market. This feature is useless.
ktensei's Avatarktensei
There are several problems with the market: 1) The tax. 5% might not seem like much, but for certain items it will drop your revenue to below what you'd get from just selling from the inventory. 2) Large quantities. Most people aren't going to buy a ton of one item. A lot of the items that people want to get rid of (berries, treasure) are brought en masse on scours or via planting yet - or because perhaps of - there's not nearly as much demand for them on the market. 3) Large quantities part 2. You can mitigate the above effect but undercutting competitors while selling a little at a time. But because of the tax (reason 1) that can be less worthwhile as well as extremely time consuming if you have a large stockpile. Which brings me to my last reason. 4) Time. What's more appealing: selling items from your inventory and getting the credits right then or waiting up to weeks for your items on the market to sell? And even if you don't have a large stockpile, it can still take days for an item to sell with competitors constantly undercutting each other. So all in all, I support this idea, though it does need quite a bit of tweaking before implementation can be considered.
0towards my impossible goal!
✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
Template made by Phaiara
@Mystera :3c;; 10% was just a starting point, it doesn't have to be that low for everything. Treasure like Big Pearls doesn't really..tend to sell for much. Heck, it sells for less than in inventory a lot of the time since market fees eat up the small amount of credits higher than inventory sell price people sell them for sometimes. Also, people sell for less than inventory sell price too which is..odd. The bonus (even at 10%) gives you more, undisbutably. Same for stardust. Probably a lot of the treasure items you listed (I'm being lazy in checking :D) There's also a lot of stones that are hard to sell on the market. Numbers are probably a lil off right now because of the tourney but for me, personally, selling dawn stones, dusk stones and oval stones is horrible. If they sell at all, they take ages and give me a very small sliver of income. I agree thought that on the market, most other stones sell better. Yeah I'll agree that the berries are kind of..lame for profitting but you can fix that with a higher bonus, like 25%. In the first place they aren't really money makers and sell pretty badly on the market anyway. ^^' So I don't think it's completely useless but I appreciate you pointing out flaws. @ktensei :D Thank you for your input!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page