PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta Pokemon Having Overlays

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Had to delete a post in here; can we please stay on the topic of the suggestion, please! Thank you.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Sciana's AvatarSciana

QUOTE originally posted by jarjarkai

I feel like we're all acting like this has to be out now, if it's something that has to be done manually, I feel like people would be willing to wait, if it genuinely looks good.
friend i don't think you quite understand how _much_ there would be to wait for.... 79,632 sprites (all pokemon, the shinies/albinos/melans, and then all 18 different types) is wayyyy too much work. you'd be waiting for several years...doesn't even really matter how small the edit (just changing eyes/accents, a small manually applied glow/border, etc).
Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Consumable

(: 0)

A heart-shaped chocolate given to you by someone who cares about you! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 20.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +46,614,720
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkFire
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
jarjarkai's Avatarjarjarkai
I can't speak for others, but I myself, would be willing to wait years for delta pokemon to actually have something special. Regardless, I've begun to upset people, so I bid you all farewell.
Sciana's AvatarSciana

QUOTE originally posted by jarjarkai

I can't speak for others, but I myself, would be willing to wait years for delta pokemon to actually have something special. Regardless, I've begun to upset people, so I bid you all farewell.
i don't...really know if you get what you're implying. |D we're only volunteers, that's a lot of sprites. we're struggling just trying to finish the albino and melan project, while also doing other projects, and you'd want us to take on this huge project that's bigger than everything we're working on combined because you don't mind waiting for quality sprites of delta mon that would no longer reflect canon deltas (which don't have anything different except occasionally maybe having an aura). im sure you don't MEAN to, and it's nice to know that there are some patient people out there who'd be willing to wait for quality work to be done, but this is a project that will likely never be done because 1) that is too much work even if we had a larger art team and 2) literally canon deltas have no difference. the special thing about them is they're different types- that's it.
Would recoloring the base the pokemon is on to the color of the type work? I personally dont mind any differences but it would be nice to have something different

boop

This thing?
Feel free to PM for any art requests uwu
Made by SoraX for Pikachuisepiclol's use only.
Shazi's AvatarShazi
okay so to give some perspective, if the current art team were to do delta recolours, and do them right because we would. At a rate of say 540 sprites a month, which is a very generous number we likely wouldn't produce that many and if we did deltas would be the only thing the art staff worked on for the forseeable future. 72k sprites, 540 a month equates to 11 years of work, non stop no other projects. that means No MCW, No fakemon, no new gens for 11 years because we're doing delta.
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Esme's AvatarEsme
HOLY CREPES. Well then, I knew recoloring all the sprites by hand was out of the question but oh my god.
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
Racea's AvatarRacea
No one has acknowledged an actual downside art revamp of the bases to represent type or something behind the sprite which would be interchangeable between all pokes. Everyone seems stuck on recolors and overlays and why that wouldn't work but why not that?
Hello. Im just a person doing person things. Where I'm from we call everyone 'hun' 'babes' 'honey' or something along those lines. Just know that if you interact with me, that will probably happen. No insult, just my accent.
Suríya's AvatarSuríya

QUOTE originally posted by Racea

No one has acknowledged an actual downside art revamp of the bases to represent type or something behind the sprite which would be interchangeable between all pokes. Everyone seems stuck on recolors and overlays and why that wouldn't work but why not that?
Anything behind the pokemon is subject to the max sprite size and the potential to be cut off. Pokemon like Unbound Hoopa and Rayquaza are very big, so even putting something like the V-wave image (which was suggested before) behind the pokemon would have most of the symbol covered up. Covering up the type symbol would defeat the purpose of it in the first place and... in the end... would likely look as bad as a blurb of color behind the pokemon as also previously suggested and addressed. It's the same with the platforms -- people's CSS and custom skins change the colors of these. Not to mention we would, again, run into the issue of the people with custom skins. The site looks different to everyone. People don't all use the default skin. Perhaps the background would look fine on a default color skin, but the moment it changes to someone's custom? It could clash terribly and give us the same issue. That's not to say it's the case for everything, but these ideas have been mulled over before and there just simply hasn't been and idea yet that would work aside from changing the Delta-symbol colors to match type -- which Niet has done for us already.
Current Hunt: Lunatone Chain Length: 1967 — Shiny Total: 33 — Melans: 0/1
All UFT pokemon can be found in my fields. No trade PMs please.
Racea's AvatarRacea

QUOTE originally posted by Suríya

QUOTE originally posted by Racea

Anything behind the pokemon is subject to the max sprite size and the potential to be cut off. Pokemon like Unbound Hoopa and Rayquaza are very big, so even putting something like the V-wave image (which was suggested before) behind the pokemon would have most of the symbol covered up. Covering up the type symbol would defeat the purpose of it in the first place and... in the end... would likely look as bad as a blurb of color behind the pokemon as also previously suggested and addressed. It's the same with the platforms -- people's CSS and custom skins change the colors of these. Not to mention we would, again, run into the issue of the people with custom skins. The site looks different to everyone. People don't all use the default skin. Perhaps the background would look fine on a default color skin, but the moment it changes to someone's custom? It could clash terribly and give us the same issue. That's not to say it's the case for everything, but these ideas have been mulled over before and there just simply hasn't been and idea yet that would work aside from changing the Delta-symbol colors to match type -- which Niet has done for us already.
I understand what you mean. But that applies to everything. When you change skin colors you take some level of risk. So say for a fire poke, you make the platform they sit on look like lava right? (Just an example). It would be something all across the board and with only a few pokes i really think would see covering it up. I change my skin site in such a way that that change clashes and looks ugly. Problem is some pokes would also look pretty ugly. If changing the platform to look like fire clashes and is ugly then Slugma looks ugly, as well as well... Most other fire types? Its a risk reward thing. If i want my site skin to be... Say pink, then i have to figure that red pokemon wont look good. Alternatively you could give that pokemon an accessory that only THEY can use according to type (an epic lightning bolt or huge flame that can be put wherever the user wants). And it can only be used on that particular poke. In this sense if the user makes it butt ugly that's their fault. Like with any accessory *Mod edit: Posts merged; please don't double post* As an addition to that last post i made i feel i should explain my new suggestion separately. So a new quote chain can be made to discuss it there, as I find it easier and there isnt 6 chapters of chat one has to read to understand So what if when you hatch a delta pokemon, you get rewarded with a sort of pop up with a picture of the accessory you earned. Let me make it clear only THAT pokemon can use said accessory. Or, in the section where it gives you the choice to use accessories, a delta can use a special background. A few ideas off the top of my head. Backgrounds A wave for water A volcano for fire A shimmering meadow for fairy A storm for thunder A cliff with only the sky visible for flying (so you dont awkwardly have an eevee in mid air) And so on. Or for the accessories Bubbles for water A flame for fire Sparkles for fairy A bolt for thunder A cloud for flying This way, its only seen if you specifically look at the delta pokemon. And if it clashes with your skin, well dont use that accessory.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page