PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta Pokemon Having Overlays

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

Esme's AvatarEsme
Nabbed the idea from these posts I've noticed a common complaint for the new Delta Species Pokemon is that they don't appear different, and the reason why is because it would be borderline impossible to recolor every single sprite. Perhaps instead of doing that, there could be a special overlay of color, each color being different per type. Seeing as the mega stones on the MCW page are done with code (I found this out from someone else), maybe the overlay can be done with it too. Upsides: A more visual difference besides the symbol and looking at the type, encourage more collectability (that's not a word RIP) Downside: Would probably be a bit of a pain to code, and wouldn't look fantastic on every Pokemon. Admittedly this is also taking liberties, since in the cards it doesn't look too different (besides the aura some of them would have).
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny
Support~ It may be tough, but I do believe Delta Pokemon really do need that coat of paint for them to be worth a bit more to me. Perhaps some of the Delta Pokemon (perhaps through some poll of sorts to decide) could get a bit of a redesign in their Delta formes? Hope that's not off topic..
present day present time b - any pronouns OK
jarjarkai's Avatarjarjarkai
Now, this took all of about 5 minutes, and with my very limited knowledge of photoshop, this was what I was able to manage And of course, some pokemon would look better than others. I'm sure an actual art team could do much better, but this is a really interesting concept, I support this! EDIT: A possible blur effect for psychic pokemon.
Esme's AvatarEsme
I was personally thinking a more subtle overlay than that, honestly XD Edit: DAT BLUR. That's a really neat idea! That can very easily be done with drop-shadow effects!~
jarjarkai's Avatarjarjarkai
As I said earlier, I have little understanding of photoshop and that was the best I could come up with. I'm going to try something new in a minute. EDIT: Perhaps all typing could have the blur effect, and they just have a slight tint around their sprite?
croChimerical's AvatarcroChimerical

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

We toyed around with the idea of giving them a simple outline, but due to the constraints... We already have some sprites that are max-size... So the outline would... Well, they're max-size. The outline would be outside of the sprite (it'd be cut off, in other words). So that didn't work :(
I don't think a blur effect would work at all if a glow can't.
I found something to be rather effective. Firstly, you filter the selected Pokemon into greyscale, and secondly, you add a color (ex: pink for Fairy) to their eyes: As for Albinos, they will go a bit more white in terms of color, and shinies will stay the same, just with a bit more of a glow to their eyes. Melans at this point are unknown. (PS: Free to use Liepard by me.)
Esme's AvatarEsme
I'm not Niet or anything, but that really doesn't sound like something you can do with code :/ Plus it deviates a little too much from Delta Species in the cards.

here, let my homefries ralts and kirlia show off how Delta Species kinda look

Ralts and Kirlia have a red aura around it, and you can see some slight tinting. The aura... is sort of out of the question, but the this is what I meant by tinting (although maybe a little more obvious than it is here) :D

QUOTE originally posted by Esme

I'm not Niet or anything, but that really doesn't sound like something you can do with code :/
It's a sprite alter, it only took me about 3 minutes or so to do. Should be fine with the code, if it goes through?
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
The problem comes more from that that "3 minutes" for one pokemon turns into over 3000 minutes as you'd have to do it with every pokemon individually. Much easier to find some simple overlay code than trying to recolor hundreds of sprites. Then you'd run into problems with shiny/albino/melan pokemon, as they can be delta as well. Anyway, apart from my support, is making it a different color for each type going to cause problems? I don't know enough or anything for that matter about it from a code standpoint, but if you have to create a different overlay for every pokemon in every type, that's 18,000+ pokemon colorations, plus you'd have to do the shiny/albino/melan versions as well, which is quite a lot.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page