PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

option to give another user field edit permission.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

tape's Avatartape
it =is= for the owner's benefit. if the owner doesn't ask them to, it's not happening. maybe you don't want your fields organized, but i see a lot of users around who seem to, but can't, for one reason or another, and some of them would probably like help, and i would like to help them, but i can't without this feature. that's all there is to it.
Parafox's AvatarParafox

QUOTE originally posted by tape

one of the site priorities right now seems to be breaking the tedium to make users want to stick around. [...] the more solutions there are for a problem, the fewer people we'll see complaining about it, and the less negativity will surround the process of organizing fields and the game's environment in general. that's something the staff is prioritizing right now, and i think this feature would be a step in the right direction.
How do you know what the staff is prioritizing? Did one of them say so? Or are you just making assumptions based on what you see? Because, with all due respect, no matter how good your observation and conclusion making skills may be, an assumption is still just an assumption until it is either verified or disproven. Even if you are right, there's still that little matter about site rule #9: Account Control.

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Every person is allowed ONE account. Users who are found to have two or more accounts will have them all indefinitely Locked. [...] A. Account Control An account may ONLY be controlled by the person who created it. [...] We cannot be held responsible if someone else gains access to your account and messes with it! But also, having two or more people on the same account is unfair towards other players. B. Bots & Macros Bots and macros are programs and scripts that do things for the player, rather than the player having to do them by themselves, or make things take less work even while the player is in control. They exist to make actions faster and/or easier, and are a form of CHEATING. The owner of the account is the only one allowed to do anything with their account; that means that bots and macros aren't allowed, because they take control away from the account owner. [...]
Giving someone else permission to do anything with your fields would mean giving someone else control over (a part of) your account. In this matter fields are very different than Pokémon or items, because the fields are inseperable from the account they belong to unless, of course, they are sold. Items and (most) Pokémon can be traded. They can switch the account they belong to an indefinite number of times. Fields can't. For this single reason field organisation is not exactly the same thing as Dex trading. To avoid any misunderstanding, I'm not talking about the fairness-bit of 9.A. I'm all about the "not worth the trouble" part. Edit to correct a few typos.
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Two people attempt to move the same Pokémon at the same time. System breaks. To prevent data corruption, only one person can ever be allowed to modify the same piece of data at any given time. That would be unreliable with this feature. So regardless of the suggestion being "good" or "bad" (imo it's very bad anyway), it's not possible from a technical standpoint anyway.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Krissi's AvatarKrissi
I mean... Would you suggest something similar for people who don't have time every day to click to charge their radars, or do clickbacks? I see a lot of people who say "Sorry I don't click back sometimes! Life gets in the way" etc etc. Would you offer to click for them, too? Idk overall you do stuff to your own account, not others... What if two people try to move a Pokemon at the same time? The system may explode. No support. EDIT: Ninja'd by Niet rip.
0/300 0/300 0/300 0/300 ★ Journal ★ Vulpix pixel by Type_Null. Shop banner by Alatreon. Icon by SaintNevermOre.
tape's Avatartape
yeah, it seemed outlandish, but a friend and i were talking about 'oh what if this was possible' and i realized that there wasn't a single argument against it that convinced me it wouldn't overall work out so thanks niet! if it's impossible to code that's the best argument against it i have, and i can Rest

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page