PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

option to give another user field edit permission.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

tape's Avatartape
hi im tape and i love organizing fields! i think its so relaxing to organize pokemon. i sort and re-sort my fields all the time. but i see a lot of people stressed out about this.. saying "sorry i cant keep my fields organized! im very busy and i can't sort them on mobile!" or "organizing hundreds of pokemon is so tedious..." or "please dont worry about the fields. theyre a disaster right now!" i'd happily offer to sort these users' fields for them, if i only could... but would it really be so bad if that was possible? imagine a page with a user search box, like at the top of the trade center, and then a couple of checkboxes beneath. This user will be able to: -Reposition Pokemon -Move Pokemon between fields -Rename fields notice that release pokemon, trade pokemon, etc. are not options. it'd be too easy for that to be an accident. the only things people are allowed to do are very deliberate and reversible, and you can choose to lock them out at any time. it'd be best if you could only have one user with permissions at a time, too. let's talk about negatives!
potential drawback counter-argument
I don't want users in my field! don't use the feature! :-) you can still support it for the users who would. i think it'd help the economy to have another service players could do for each other.
Not enough users would want this. want me to add a poll? i see trainer cards complaining about their own fields every day. that's more demand than can be said for a lot of features we already got.
People aren't trustworthy! They could mess it all up! but we trust people with dex trades, don't we? it'd be the same thing.. only allow someone to edit your fields if you trust them, you can pay someone afterwards if you're happy with the way they sorted it, and you can lock them back out at any time.
The site doesn't want to acknowledge that sorting/stacking is a thing. if that's true, why can we click to show berry preference instead of nature or type or anything else on the Move Pokemon window? that's not even subtle! besides, i never said anything about sorting/stacking... who's acknowledging it now?
questions? comments? id love to hear them ^^
Parafox's AvatarParafox
Something like this has already been rejected.

QUOTE originally posted by Elfatez

This suggestion would breach Rule 6B: It's their choice, not yours. It's entirely up to the owner of the fields to organise them as they want. It's nobody else's business but theirs.
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
tape's Avatartape
it's a bit different, isn't it, when it's all entirely your choice to invite them in? you'd be choosing their assistance. i don't see how that refutes anything. i imagine most if not all users doing this would work out beforehand how the fields are to be tidied
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
I feel like this would run into problems when it came to buying fields. Since the "allowed person" can't go around buying fields for other people. Those things get expensive. Even if you're up for moving pokemon around, it doesn't mean you want to send a ton of your own credits over to them to buy fields in order to keep things neat.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Niall's AvatarNiall
Besides breaking Rule 6B, and a very large possibility this would cause more instances of people "policing" other's field stacking method ("I hate your fields, let me fix them for you"), you could also argue it breaks Rule 9A: you can only have one account and only you can have control over it. There's no other instance on the site where you can control others. You can't hatch eggs for others while they're on vacation, can't ask Prof. Laurel to switch breeding pairs, can't edit their posts, even if you own a trading shop together (a popular suggestion). Dex trading is different: there's written proof (trade threads/PMs), collateral (usually), and instead of a switch you flip to turn it off, you can trade the Pokémon back and the transaction is complete. And, their actions are never listed as your own (heck, Sally doesn't even rank you up (except for shiny class) without permission anymore if I remember correctly, you have to collect your rank up rewards to rank up).
Parafox's AvatarParafox

QUOTE originally posted by tape

it's a bit different, isn't it, when it's all entirely your choice to invite them in? you'd be choosing their assistance. i don't see how that refutes anything. i imagine most if not all users doing this would work out beforehand how the fields are to be tidied
I totally see where you are comeing from. In my opinion it's essentially the same thing: Your account is your responsibility alone, including the organisation of your fields. And it really doesn't matter at all, if it's someone else who dislikes your fields and wants to "mess with them" or if it is yourself who wishes someone else could get that annoying organisation stuff done for you. ;) Besides, if someone complaining about something doesn't necessarily mean they also want someone else to give a solution for their complaint. (I use to complain about how messy my kitchen can get. But I'd still get furious, if someone else than myself or my husband came along to tidy up for me.)
tape's Avatartape
@morzone: i dont see why this is a problem. people would, we assume, have fields already. most of these users i see, they know exactly how they want their fields to look, they just can't, for one reason or another, find time to go in and drag all their pokemon where they want them to be. @niall: "policing" feels like a "slippery slope" to me. there's no evidence that this would happen. and there are lots of things you can do for other users! you can train, gem hunt, i've even upgraded friends' badges for them by sending them gems and dozens of RTEs. yes, they need to click 'upgrade' and 'evolve,' but i put in all the effort it took. i think tidying someone's fields feels similar to this and to dex trading, and someone could use your same arguments against dex trades and the sale of gems. if you don't like th idea, you don't have to reach quite that far to try and justify it ^^' @fuchsfee: with all due respect, most of the negative reviews on the site are users complaining about the aspects that can get tedious. one of the site priorities right now seems to be breaking the tedium to make users want to stick around. in animal crossing new leaf, another game that suffered from tedium, new features were added in a recent update to address those tedious things-- think of how they eliminated the need to pull a bunch of weeds when you start your game back up after a while. the more solutions there are for a problem, the fewer people we'll see complaining about it, and the less negativity will surround the process of organizing fields and the game's environment in general. that's something the staff is prioritizing right now, and i think this feature would be a step in the right direction.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Well, let's take my fields for instance. They're a mess, with nor system of organization. So let's say I wanted to pay someone to come and re-organize all of them by berry preference. I have enough fields for sour, then enough for spicy and dry and sweet and bitter. But then the sorter realizes that, now that some of the fields are no longer completely full (IE I have 21 left over sours. That means in that last field I have to displace 19 pokemon to other fields), there aren't enough fields to fit all of the "any" pokemon. Well you can't just go stick those overflow in some random place, it would be disorganized and annoy the person who owned the fields. It already costs me over 120K to buy a single new field, and as such I rarely do. I (for some reason that can vary person to person) don't want to spend my money to get a new field. And the person organizing isn't going to want to sink their own money into someone else's fields either. And boom, you have a problem. The organizer can't do their job because there isn't enough field space, and no one wants to buy a field or 2 to make up for it. I'm also going to point out that field organizing is very different from trading or giving someone supplies to updgrade badges. And that's because Field organization is purely aesthetic. There are no ranks, no prizes, no boosts for having an "organized" field, which in and of itself is an unstable term. It isn't important to playing the game.The only benefit goes those clicking, and just as those people who complain about there not being 6 in a party to click are told "Then don't click them, they do what they want," those people who complain that mass clicking is difficult due to unorganized fields are told "Then don't click them. It's their fields. Not yours."
tape's Avatartape
so all you'd need to do is... keep your fields the way they are. people would figure this out, you know, and only ask someone to do it if they're ready and know where they want their pokemon to go. i've learned here that once there's a market for something here, people are surprisingly good at finding the most efficient ways to do it and working around any problems that might arise. believe me, i know how expensive fields can get.. mine are over 2 mil now. but it doesn't even require buying new fields a lot of the time.. multi-berry sorted fields are still preferable to a lot of people, you know, where they have five or six stacks per type? some people like those but they're mobilestuck and they can't keep them the way they like. i'd argue that 'field organization is purely aesthetic' is a reason TO let people do it for you. it's different from having someone hatch your eggs for you or switch breeding pairs, both important things, and things that are easy to do from mobile, which niall tried to compare this to. so, as an aesthetic service someone can do for you, the closest thing we have to it is people doing icons, about me templates, and forum templates for other people... which are possible! ive spent days sending someone hundreds of RTE bugs at a time. id imagine, if trades were limited to a few per day, and someone suggested opening the limit up, we'd see a lot of arguments like the ones against this idea. 'what if someone doesn't have time to do 250 trades in a day? how would we know they'd follow through?' people figure it out. in my case, i sent a shiny furfrou over as 'insurance' until i could finish the trade a couple days later. it works out, and it might not always be pretty, but it's better than not having the option at all.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
There's just something fundamentally wrong with a person messing with someone else's stuff for their own benefit, rather than the benefit of the actual owner. That's all, There should always be some responsibilities that belong to one person alone, and organizing your own fields should be one of them.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page