PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Buneary Base Happiness

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Rokon's AvatarRokon
So, I just adopted Buneary, noticed it starts out with 27% happiness. However, if you look at Buneary's info, it actually starts out with 0 base happiness. My suggestion is just to make its starting happiness 0, since that's what's canon.

QUOTE originally posted by Eñoshima

No, they aren't all 0. The reason I specify Buneary is because I happened to only notice Buneary and it evolves by friendship. But now that I look, the rest of these should be adjusted too.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Aren't all Pokémon at zero base happiness in the main games at first? Why would there be a special exception for buneary? Both in the main games and on PFQ?
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Yeah, I'm a little confused- why is this specific to Buneary?
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Rokon's AvatarRokon
No, they aren't all 0. The reason I specify Buneary is because I happened to only notice Buneary and it evolves by friendship. But now that I look, the rest of these should be adjusted too.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Maybe this should have gone in the Pokedex errors thread? In any case, I don't have a strong opinion on this. Canon is good, but people will have to wait a little longer for happiness evolutions. So the two balance out, in my opinion.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
It seems like an necessary complication to a simple system, but it is a pretty small thing now that Pokémon don't run away from unhappiness so while I'd prefer it stay the same, I'm not about to make a big fuss to stop it from being changed.
Mareep's AvatarMareep
No support. Happiness affects breeding chances and while Buneary is the only non-legenrady with 0% base happiness, there are a lot of Pokemon with a base of 35, which is half of what we have now. While happiness items don't cost the world, I don't see a reason to make breeding for a these Pokemon harder.
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
Rokon's AvatarRokon
Do you know how easy it is to bolster happiness Not to mention how low level Pokemon (aka the ones that would most likely have low happiness) have bad breeding chances anyway
Mareep's AvatarMareep
Yes, I do. I still find it unnecessary to lower it for some Pokemon, just to match canon. It's extra work here, even if it's not difficult/does not take long. I am not sure what you mean with low leveled Pokemon being more likely to have low happiness. I don't think most people have all their Pokemon and pairs in matching fields, so high leveled Pokemon just have the same happiness. It also resets to the base when a pair is traded. I just don't think we need to match canon 100% if it's impractical and the only plus point is that we do match canon.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I mean there's one point that supports Fives' side of things:

QUOTE originally posted by Bulbapedia

If a Pokémon is hatched from an Egg, it will start with 120 friendship.
We don't do that because basically all Pokémon hatch from Eggs here :D But that 120 applies to all Pokémon, even Buneary. So what we have right now is kind of a hybrid system: take the more "general" base Happiness, and apply the fact that hatching from an Egg provides a fixed base value... Something like that. Anyway, I'll look into it but I don't think this is a detail worth keeping.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page