PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Mass Evolve

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

SpadesSlick's AvatarSpadesSlick
So to start with, I'll just put up front that I did find this thread that already shot down the concept of mass-evolving in fields. There's too many complications, and I get that. Edit; This rejection also exists, but I felt that mine was distinctly different in that it focuses on species, not type. Furthermore, Niet did not give any criticism in that thread beyond "learn your types", so it wasn't a total takedown of the idea, in my view. If I'm wrong I'm sure they'll let me know! Summary: Compile same-species evolutions in the Farm page for quick mass-evolutions to make it easier on high tier badge Wishforge users. Pros: Beneficial to all people who use the Wishforge to get above the Titanium badge, neat/clean design that reduces load time & scroll length for extensive Farm lists, plenty of flexibility for how many Pokemon can be in batches or what qualifies as a batch, no leaving the Farm page, structure of evolution still remains the same. Cons: Eeveelutions, shiny/albino/melanistic pokemon that are RTE and therefore are batched and accidentally evolved with everything else since you do not have the ability to see a visual indicator of a shiny/albino/melanistic Pokemon the way you do now. Edit to add a con; Poor Sally. Potential Solutions to Cons:

I don't know if Eevee is still a problem. I don't see it being an issue if, as it stands now, the Farm can tell that an Eevee is ready to evolve into a specific Eeveelution and prompts you there. Just batch them the same as all the other species. Maybe the system can batch Eeveelutions separately? So it'll say "100 Eevee can evolve!" and "125 Eevee can evolve!" separately, so you'll have to know how many RTE Glaceon and Leafeon you have before clicking that batch evo button. The issue of accidentally evolving special pokemon is solved by...well, giving any pokemon you don't want to evolve an Everstone. I think that's really the only way to get around it, and I wouldn't qualify that as an actual con. As for Sally? Well, I realize batching 640 Pokemon is not realistic for her, in all likelihood. But even small batches of 25 or 50 would be a huge improvement. I'm not asking for a button to evolve all my Pichu and get me that Nintendium badge, I'm asking for just a slightly more compact experience.
Longwinded version below, if that's not clear enough.

When I initially thought of mass-evolving, I never imagined fields. I always just imagined keeping it in the Farm. I thought of it while I was upgrading to Mythril, which requires 200 evolutions. I now have Adamantium, which required 420, and in the future (probably not long from now actually) I'll be looking into Nintendium, which is 640 evolutions. I know there are hotkeys and "quick evo" option to make the confirmation quicker. But I think it would be ultimately beneficial for everyone if the Farm batched the evolutions. I am going to be evolving all Pichu for all of my badge upgrades, so it would be amazing if the Farm corralled all my RTE Pichu and evolved them simultaneously. I thought perhaps, to make it easier, the Farm won't batch anything under a certain qualifier? Perhaps any species RTE under 100 won't be batched, or maybe they only batch up to 100 at a time? The number is obviously flexible. The point is that I don't know many farmers who use multiple species of Pokemon to upgrade huge numbers, most just collect one or two types in anticipation of upgrading their badge and then mass-evolve a few minutes after giving Ravyne the gems and appropriate relic.
A note: I personally believe that all UI changes should be toggleable. There should always be a way for a user to choose whether or not to use a feature. This includes my suggestion. Batch evolving may not be for absolutely every single person on this site, but a great deal of people would benefit and use the feature, so making it an option is the ideal situation. I really hope this makes the concept of mass-evo more approachable for Staff. I read the full thread on why fields were rejected, but I really think this is a winning idea. I look forward to feedback!
Art credit to Cafe Raichu. Icon art credit to Maya Kern. Personal paid commission.
Zen's AvatarZen
Something similar has already been rejected. Though that one is about type and not species, it's still similar.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
@Zen I saw that! I should probably include that in my opener. But I felt that the focus of that post being "type" and not species is an important distinction to make. Anything involving type gets messy fast. Species is way more streamlined, and Niet's only criticism on that thread was just basically "learn your types", so I didn't feel it was an actual takedown of the concept, more of the fact that the reasoning behind it wasn't sufficient.
Zen's AvatarZen
Well, it's still similar, so others might've brought it up as well since you didn't mention it. :p Though honestly, if you're only using one species then I don't see how their will be much of an issue. I mean, I have a bunch of Zorua that are waiting to evolve and they've taken over my ready to evolve section. xD Not only that, special Pokemon show the corresponding star in the evolve section. I just checked this to be sure, and two of my shinies have the gold star next to their names in the list. So if someone evolves them by accident that's kinda their own fault for not paying attention.
@Zen Oh no, I agree with you! I've always believed that accidentally evolving anything is the user's own fault, ahha. I was trying to say that potential opposition to the concept of batch-evolving is that like, since it will be lumped together in a group, you won't be able to see the little star indicator for shiny pokemon anymore, if this is put through. You won't be able to individually see every single pokemon you are evolving, so you'll probably end up evolving shiny/albino/melan pokemon if they aren't holding Everstones. That's why I said "The issue of accidentally evolving special pokemon is solved by...well, giving any pokemon you don't want to evolve an Everstone. I think that's really the only way to get around it, and I wouldn't qualify that as an actual con."
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Main issue I see if the possiblity of Sally choking upon being told to evolve 100+ Pokemon at once. Telling a system 100 times to perform an action is different than telling it to perform an action 100 times.
@Mystera I'll be honest, it was hard not to include that in cons because I have zero concept of what is and isn't difficult for Sally, and I wasn't sure if it came off as a it's hard to do type line. I'm still hoping though. Maybe there's a workaround somewhere in the distant future.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Maybe if it were limited to same species evolutions in a field, then it might be possible to shortcut it
was something Niet said independently, so I'm kinda riding on that hope haha. Late edit; but I just thought of another point. Helping Sally out, you could keep the batches small. Even batches of 50 would be better than individually evolving 640 Pokemon. That's like, 12 batches and then some leftover individual evos.
tape's Avatartape
i support this. badges can be such a headache, especially on mobile 🙄 the hard part should be getting the pokemon rte, not physically scrolling and clicking evolve hundreds of times
ChrisGradis's AvatarChrisGradis
I totally agree with you tape on this whole ideal that when you go to upgrade a badge, it should be easy to do, and not as boring and tedious as having to click over and over again.
As much as it sounds great to be able to mass evolve for badges.... I don't support. For the same reason I didn't support mass release either, which was shot down for I think the same reason. What if a account got hijacked and the person felt like being funny and decided to mass evolve the pokes? It's easy enough to evolve pokes via the farm page, I don't see the need for making it any easier. Sorry.

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: Item "Wishing Stone" not found on line 6

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

[center][size=7]Avatar is made by BananaLizard. Shop banner made by Sunshine Lady. >>>> [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/171400/Keira-s-Little-Hideout-U-C/post/3800133]My Journal[/url] <<<<[/size] [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/63336/Keira-s-Little-Corner-open][img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/Keira_Lorelei/Art/IMG_1485.JPG[/img][/url] [progress="[inventory=Wishing Stone]/1000"][inventory=Wishing Stone]/1000 [item=Wishing Stone][/progress] [style].expbar { display: inline-block; width: 40%; margin: 0 1em; background: white; border: 1px solid purple; &>div { background: #F7B3DA; border-right: 1px solid purple; } &>span { font-size: 10px; font-weight: 400; color: purple; } }[/style] [progress="[inventory=Water gem]/3200"][inventory=Water gem]/3200 [item=Water gem][/progress] [style].expbar { display: inline-block; width: 40%; margin: 0 1em; background: white; border: 1px solid purple; &>div { background: #F7B3DA; border-right: 1px solid purple; } &>span { font-size: 10px; font-weight: 400; color: purple; } }[/style] [/center]

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page