PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny Sink (similar to Doug on PF1)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345678

Sparkys's AvatarSparkys
grandmaster.pngb.png
(After accidently deleting my whole text let's see if i can type it back the same ugh!) Why not have a points system (or tickets which can be traded later on). These points or tickets can be redemed for lil prizes nothing too OP just something to bring back some value to shinies and give you a choice other than giving them away all the time. ...says the person who is now selling her shinies for fossils because nothing else is working...
Snowpix - Made by Chronos
summon_cel.png121
Thanks to Zanitha for making my snorpix(fusion sprite) for me as a gift and to Zorualord14for my Goldpix trophy
Milesfire's AvatarMilesfire
ultra.pnge.png
Oh my god, yes, I love this, I really want it to be implemented The only way my shinies would even sell was to sell them for less than 50GP. Like, selling them for 50GP is already bad enough, but having to go even lower for them to sell? The shiny market is really bad right now, especially for commonly hunted Pokemon -.- Now I agree that the points for turning the shinies in shouldn't be overpowered, but I really think this would help the shiny market a lot ^^.
Avatar is Apollo Justice from Ace Attorney. The art is official but I edited in the trans flag. Call me Miles, he/him. Previously known as ZeroTails and then CloveredZero and then CharaBerry -----
Plu's AvatarPlu
master.pnga+.png
I really want this! I have more than 3 fields full of shiny Hawlucha that seem very unwanted, while my prices are what I normally ask as a sale price :,) There just doesn't seem a way to sell shinies well these days, besides selling them for almost nothing. This feature would really help out. Although it has to be very well balanced, so it won't be abused. I like the point system @Mystera made, perhaps a little less complex, but still a system like that. Perhaps it could have similair price to the ones we had with the easter event (without the premium box, hypermode and the charms). The prices would ofcourse be higher then the ones we had with the Easter event. Just a thought ^^
Avatar made by Manda and used with permission
SUNNELIØN's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSUNNELIØN
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
I don't think this point has been made yet, but I'll counter it anyways: The staff has said multiple times that they won't set specific prices. I imagine someone would argue that this is setting an official price on all shinies. This page exists. It's a direct conversion between currencies, and yet (next to) nobody uses a 1:1 ratio or whatever for converting their ZC to GP or vice versa. So I don't see why this would set a price on shinies once they start to filter out of the economy and become rare again. With the logic that even having an expensive coversion page doesn't set the "official price" then this would help the market by restoring shinies' value somewhat. I'm not sure if that made sense but whatever.
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 dark.png ☀ 135
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
Saphera's AvatarSaphera
master.pngd.png
Well, in my ideal version of this idea, shinies wouldn't be directly (nor should they be) converted into GP. That's just a bad idea in general because if someone could convert a shiny into, say, even 3 GP per shiny, that already going to hurt the current economy because GP would be 'easier' to get and things would inflate. It's just simple economics. On the other hand, if we have a point system in place where the most desired prizes (whatever they may be) require a bunch of shinies to get, I do not believe that would hurt the economy because the items are still hard to get, just in a different manner. For example, DCPx60. Thats hard already cuz thats 600 GP without any discounts. With this shiny sink + point system, it may require quite a bit of shinies to even get the points necessary for this prize. It'll be worth your 'useless' shinies if you shove enough in there. Isn't that the whole point of this idea anyway (which is to get rid of extra, undesired shinies?)?
schleifi's Avatarschleifi
grandmaster.pngc.png
All I'd ask for - if this gets implemented - is that there is a back story for your pokemon like the shelter into release. The old prize wheel felt like, well killing your shinies to spin it. So if there was some kind of idea that would make it feel less as of a team rocket act I'd be all in ~
Avatar was created for me by ArtsieRosie. I paid for it and own all rights for it.
Assassin2631's AvatarAssassin2631
superior.pnge+.png
Support from me. I can barely sell these shiny treecko...obviously this would need some balances and what not, but Ill leave that for everyone else to figure out XD
Verdant's AvatarVerdant
grandmaster.pnge+.png
I support this as well. I am 'new enough' at hunting that I keep the shinies I hatch, but I remember scrolling through the trade forums shortly after I joined and thinking; "Wait... did they mean to price those shinies so low?" I think that's just sad.
Lapphire's AvatarLapphire
master.pngc.png
Support for reasons already stated
Scorpyia's AvatarScorpyia
grandmaster.pnga+.png
Usually I prefer to not comment, but I'd have to say I would be in huge support for a feature such as this. Reminiscing back to my melan gible hunting days... I actually started hoarding shiny gible because I ended up with so many. Regardless, in terms of the formation of the feature, I'd be against a limit, simply because I don't really think it achieves a fixture to any balancing issues, only a time extension of the inevitable. I would be in support of a "point system" similar to that mentioned by Plu or Mystera, but in a much watered down version. My thought process here is that, there is a difference between hunting a 2k ehp pokemon to a 5k ehp to a 10k ehp. But the difference between a 9k to a 10k? I feel that's pretty insignificant. So if such a point system were to occur, of course, properly balanced, I'd be in support of one based on ehp if it had wide range values, perhaps 3 for 1k to 10k, excluding legendaries. (And this is coming from the kid who purely does 10k hunts, yikes!) As for prizes though, I can't really give insight on that, though hopefully not too inflated. Shiny sink aside, I don't feel like the sink should be a last resort sort of deal, but rather a slightly less desirable alternative to selling shinies via shops, etc. That's all I can think of for now, hopefully made a coherent thought.
Evening news is where they tell you good evening then proceed to tell you why it isn't. Trade Shop~ Melan Spots Available Buying [ summon_ete.png summon_ray.png summon_los.png summon_las.png ] ~~Avatar by Anachroma~~

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page