PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny Sink (similar to Doug on PF1)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345678

Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
I think converting shinies straight into gp or another currency is a big nono. Some form of chance still has to be involved, otherwise why would I want to bother trading shinies if I can immediately get a guaranteed amount from doug? (unless the reward is even lower than the so-called low market prices) Maybe the daily limit should be even steeper than before, say, you can only turn in 5 pokes per day
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
Yuuki's AvatarYuuki

QUOTE originally posted by Psychøkineticism

I think converting shinies straight into gp or another currency is a big nono. Some form of chance still has to be involved, otherwise why would I want to bother trading shinies if I can immediately get a guaranteed amount from doug? (unless the reward is even lower than the so-called low market prices) Maybe the daily limit should be even steeper than before, say, you can only turn in 5 pokes per day
I agree with the limit, not sure if 5 is a good number though
Shop Avatar creds: Manda
Reo's AvatarReo
Ok I'm going to weigh in here after consulting with a couple of users. First I'll touch on the limits. I think a limit only needs to be put in place if the prices and reward system is too high, i.e, unbalanced. Hopefully, a balance can be reached so as to avoid any need of a limit. I love all the user input on how the point and reward system should work, but ultimately I think that the majority of the balancing has to be done by staff (everything we give is kind of a shot in the dark).
SaberStar2's AvatarSaberStar2

QUOTE originally posted by Yuuki

QUOTE originally posted by Psychøkineticism

I agree with the limit, not sure if 5 is a good number though
I also agree with having a limit, maybe three? I really like this idea, being a scatterbug hunter. Nobody wants them xD You have my support!
made by meikorn
Help me out? :) avie by me, button by Ultimate Fish
GS balls
Selena5000's AvatarSelena5000
Hmm, this sounds tricky. From one end, you're definitely helping melan hunters or players that are trying to sell overhunted mons. But on the other side, it may damage the market as a whole as shinies get more pricy. Figuring out a system that isn't exploitable nor does it result in creating more trouble than benefit will be difficult. Also this method would make it twice as easy on players who only buy shinies to resell them? I frankly never cared about the whole reselling thing, but I know a lot of people who get salty over it. For now I'm kinda neutral on this, but it's an interesting idea.
Current avatar was made for my use by Midnight Blaze
SuzieQ's AvatarSuzieQ
Maybe having the functionality like, around would be nice... But I do feel like it would kinda wreck the market. Maybe I'm biased since I don't hunt a very popular pokemon, but I'm not sure. I'm gonna stay neutral!
Don't nobody ride for free on this rig...

QUOTE originally posted by SuzieQ

Maybe having the functionality like, around would be nice... But I do feel like it would kinda wreck the market. Maybe I'm biased since I don't hunt a very popular pokemon, but I'm not sure. I'm gonna stay neutral!
The shiny market is already wrecked, when we have to resort to selling our hard earned shinies for only 50gp each And even then having no one want to buy them even then
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Rokon's AvatarRokon
Now, this doesn't fix the problem, and I'm prefacing this so that you won't yell at me that this doesn't fix the problem. But. One possible way for people to get rid of their shinies is to just release them to the shelter. You don't get anything, but you at least don't have all this waste sitting around. As for the original idea: If it can be balanced with the fact that the wheel was OP in PF1, I might be on board. However, it's worth noting that the value of everything fell as zc's value rose... ridiculously high. I STILL don't understand why 1zc is worth 5k. It's worth 1k. ... Moving on, I feel like we need some currency balance as well. I know staff wants to keep a hands-off approach to the market, but the thing is: Free markets do not exist. Markets need regulation for things to be fair and stay afloat. There are always laws to manage things. PF1 went to garbage because things were too available, yes, but there was also 0 regulation. The same is happening here, slowly but surely. Scours were balanced great, but goodness, the shinies... Anyway. I'm not calling for staff to declare prices, but I heavily support the need for staff to step in and balance things out, even if this particular idea isn't implemented. The market is falling apart >< The anon "market shop" is proof of that. People are literally referencing that overpriced garbage for trade thread prices, and it's throwing everything out of whack.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
I thought of just releasing to the shelter, but I have to have some source of income :/ I'm sinking gp and zc into these hunts and getting no profit, and it just isn't enough anymore. The highest bid on my melan is 900zc, so that should cover some of my expenses, but not everyone is that lucky to hatch one. Albinos go for a bit more, but I only hatched 19 in almost 3000 eggs, with a fully charged radar every day I hatched more than one party, RNG just doesn't like me, and as no one is interested in the shinies, of any of the hunts that I've done, I'm forced to sell at below cost price just to keep myself going If this suggestion isn't accepted, I'll put forth one of my own, perhaps some shiny rank awards, so people will be more inclined to buy/dex trade them to fill out their shiny dex for the rewards. I think we can all agree it is a problem, and one that needs some fixing, I'm not too concerned about the method as long as it /works/ to bring up the value of shinies again
Spiritwingz's AvatarSpiritwingz
I feel like right now the system for selling shinies is pretty messed up. I have checked a lot of other shops for process when I first set up my shop and purposeful made my process slightly lower than the average and still barely ever had sales unless I had some sort of sale in to of my decently low prices... And when you are hunting a high ehp Pokemon and no one wants to buy... It really kinda sucks. Ifeel like the market is already flooded with tons of shines, just check the trade forum for the amount of 'shiny flash sale' titles for evidence. This would be a much better way to help still get income of some sort, (you so need to spend a decent amount of go and zc to actually shiny hunt), and help keep the market from having SOOO many shinies out all the time. To bring up a point, a suggestion to make it so tournament eggs get unlocked if you are in the top 100 of a tournament has been rejected because there would be a higher amount of tokens on the market and it would really mess up the market value and prices. Using this logic, having a way to remove shinies from the market but have them still have value should help the market as a whole, instead of hurt it. Plus, the are plenty of people who probably wouldn't raise their prices even if this went into effect. I doubt I would personally. *Shrugs*
Collecting:
Viridian Épée
ancient drive
Helix Orb
music box
Azure Flute

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page