PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Chain Pause

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

AstroCat's AvatarAstroCat
Suggestion Title:Chain Pause Suggestion Summary: For those who want to do tournaments and are in the middle of a hunt, they can pause their chain for a set amount of time. (4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, whatever would work best.) Obviously would be more expensive than an egg pass, but would allow people to do both if they are willing to pay for it. Positive points: People who want to shiny hunt and also participate in the tournament will be able to. Negative points: May change the dynamics of how shiny hunting is done? Reason For Consideration: I've seen a lot of people who have wanted to get hypermode and start shiny hunting, but have been in the middle of a tournament, and vice versa. This would allow people to do both, provided they can afford the item.
DrWho's AvatarDrWho
Wouldn't that conflict with the term /chain/?
Avatar by Kaelwolfur. Sent from my PokéNav
Do egg passes conflict with the term chain?
DrWho's AvatarDrWho
That's a good point, they do. However, I think it makes a difference that they last for only one egg. A chain pause for a set amount of time may be a bit of a stretch. You could hatch dozens of eggs during 15 minutes of Pokérus.
That is true. Though not everyone gets pokerus often. It wouldnt have to be even for a full day, possibpy just for x amount of hours. Something more expensive than an egg pass, but cheaper than having to buy 30+ egg passes to get medium difficulty for the tourney.
Lucretia's AvatarLucretia
On the one hand, THIS WOULD BE SOOOO USEFUL! Oh my gosh. I'd love this. But... on the other hand, it makes shiny hunting *even easier* when it's already extremely easy. Even a huge price tag wouldn't change how much this could break the shiny & token market (I can hatch 50+ eggs with one super lucky egg in 30 minutes). Plus, Garthic has said that (in this thread) "...You have to make a choice. Do I continue my hunt or do I break it to participate? This is by design and will not be changed." (thread is locked now, I dunno how to directly quote now) Egg passes work because they allow you to hatch large things like Legends during hunts for quite a hefty price. But this just unbalances the heck out of tourneys and shiny hunting by making both of them easier. Shiny hunting is already super easy as is, and tourneys aren't meant to be easy. Plus, the tradeoff of shiny hunting and tourneys works in some people's favor, as well. The reason I've been able to even place in the last two tourneys is because so many people are unwilling to break their chains, which gives people like me a chance to actually win tokens. So it's not just an everybody loses situation. I dunno. No support.
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
I do not support this for reasons already stated.

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
No support. Mostly for things already stated. Hunting is well, hunting. You have to be persistent. One egg with an egg pass can probably slide, but doing it for extended time is a bit much. Also, I can see this turning into a HUGE complaint from people who would use it and not pay attention to the time, accidentally hatching an egg after it ends and ruining their chain.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Would make shiny hunting easier then it needs to be. And like Garthic said in the thread jilli linked:

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Tournaments are supposed to be giving non-hunters a chance to get rewards. People who don't have arceus rank - people who need to complete their eggdex. Such and so forth. You have to make a choice. Do I continue my hunt or do I break it to participate? This is by design and will not be changed.
No support.
avatar from pokemon mystery dungeon (red rescue)
Rissan's AvatarRissan
I'd imagine this would fall into the auto-reject category anyway, since this would be too similar to suggestions to pause HM, which get auto-rejected because they would be too exploitable. No support.
Glory || they/them

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page