PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Site Downtime

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567

Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
Recently, we've had issues with users with incredible (in the thousands) numbers of connections to the server resulting in a DDoS attack, as well as discovering 15+ users obviously using botting tools and bringing the site to a crawl during peak hours. I know we've been rather closed with information regarding this, but for the past three days we've been in full panic mode and completely swamped keeping the site up against the veritable flood of traffic. Now that everything seems to have calmed down and we've gotten Sally back in her pen and not running around the farms screaming and smashing down walls, we can talk about it. I feel that it needs to be said yet again - botting programs (be them autoclickers, mass link openers, or anything of the sort) are completely against the rules. (here's a quick link to the rules) This is referenced under section 9, subheading B regarding account control. If it isn't your fingers clicking the mouse or typing on the keyboard, you are in violation of account control rules. So, on behalf of the staff, I apologize for the interruption in service and the massive slowdowns, but we think we've gotten the situation under control and removed the users responsible for bringing the site down. I hope it doesn't happen again, but that's how it is.
UPDATE We're aware of a number of users using autorefreshers distributed by a certain individual. If anyone has been sent a bot or sent a link to one, notify us immediately. If you choose to use it, you will be removed for botting. Don't make that mistake - don't even try it to see if it works. Let a staff member know immediately. And if you're distributing bots? Don't. Unless you really don't like using the site anymore. We'll know.
MothKinq's AvatarMothKinq
At least it's back to full speed~ No need to say sorry. Thanks for fixing it~
Being as in love with you as I am Avatar by akonis @ Deviantart
Eeveeistan's AvatarEeveeistan
Thank you for letting us know! Not your fault, it's theirs.
Mauhea's AvatarMauhea
It's such a shame that a small percentage of the userbase can happily do such a large amount of damage to suit their own needs. I that hope now the site is back up to speed and the main offenders found the staff will get a bit of a break to work on their projects. ^_^
Avatar made by Dream. Used with permission~
Amure's AvatarAmure
Oh, there is no need for you guys to apologise. After all, it wasn't you guys' fault. Honestly, I didn't really realise that the site was going slow. Okay, maybe I did? Honestly, I can't remember. Maybe I did, but am so used to my brother's tablet lagging out at random times that I didn't actually notice. If that made sense. Thanks for letting us know the reasons why, and fixing the problem. Hopefully those certain users have learned their lesson. Hopefully.
Avatar doodled by me. Responses will be slow.
I am glad, this site is a very fun thing to do with your free time.
Temporarily a WIP
Deven's AvatarDeven
I'm glad you guys reigned them in. Silly derps that is not how you pokefarm!
Art and stuff. Still the finest Lady with a mustache. What's that? Commissioned art for Pokemon trades? Dex trades for shinies and megas accepted in lieu of cash.
Rory's AvatarRory
I hope Sally ate them.
img official by Honkai Impact 3rd
Holmes's AvatarHolmes
I wish people would realize that using bots doesn't just make things "easier" for them. It obviously makes it hard for the site to stay up, and makes it harder for the people who work so hard to keep this site up and running in the first place. Stop being lazy and use Pokefarm the way it was intended to be used. It's not that hard. Thank you guys for figuring this out, and I hope you can catch all of the people who are causing these problems. There's no need to apologize for something that was out of your control. Edited; After seeing the post on page 2 about ModWatch, I will say that one of the users being suspected of botting does not surprise me at all. I've expected her of botting ever since we were on PF1, but never had the proof to report her for it. Glad something was finally done about it.
Syl's AvatarSyl
... Why would you even download something like that from a random person? Do people not know viruses and other malicious stuffs like that exist?

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page