PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokemon of the Week

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Suggestion Title: Pokémon of the Week Suggestion Summary: It's simple: When a week passes in server time, a new Pokémon is chosen for Pokémon of the Week to get a shiny boost, maybe the same as the PotD boost, here and after shortened to PotW. If the PotD and the PotW are the same, a new Pokémon is chosen for either. (For example: if the PotD is Binacle and the supposed to be PotW is Binacle, either PotD or PotW needs to be changed to another Pokémon, for example, PotW changing to Cherubi.) If accepted, it could be put next to PotD. Positive points: *Shiny Hunters can now Shiny Hunt easier. *More users can hatch Shiny Pokémon *Users can check out when their favorite Pokémon is PotW Negative points: *New users will be even MORE confused *Probably a lot more coding for our coders to do. *Site needing to be changed for this. Reason For Consideration: Like I said in my Positive points, Shiny Hunters can hunt for shinies easier. And I really think new users can adapt to PotW easier than PotD.
Hello!
sauriel's Avatarsauriel
No support, because, as you said, this would be just like PotD. We dont need 2 PotD, and, double PotD has been rejected, which this reminds me of. Also I dont see how changing the site would be a negative point? Thats the purpose of the suggestions forum and the site's constant Beta status- change.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
No support. This would be redundant, and there's no need for a week long event like that. Plus, I don't think shiny hunting is supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a challenge.
Yuuki's AvatarYuuki
No support for reasons already stated. And the PotD boost is tiny. Your own negative points also seem to outweigh the positives. And the only coder on PFQ is Niet.
Shop Avatar creds: Manda
venir's Avatarvenir
No support PotD is supposed to be a small temporary boost Let's say someone is hunting pichu, and the PotD is pichu; great! Boost for a day! Now, if we implement PotW, the boost for shiny pichu would go an entire week, which could theoretically devalue the price of a shiny pichu. I don't know if it's good or bad, I think bad, but some users would be able to shiny hunt a different pokemon each week with the bonus and be able to gain a lot of currency from selling a variety of shinies rather than just one from their hunt Not sure if the last point made sense, but I tried
Please PM me regarding commissions, thanks!
By icymoon193 Avatar by venir It's not like I hoard adamant and brave natured pokemon or anything.
Yuuki's AvatarYuuki

QUOTE originally posted by Absoreon

No support PotD is supposed to be a small temporary boost Let's say someone is hunting pichu, and the PotD is pichu; great! Boost for a day! Now, if we implement PotW, the boost for shiny pichu would go an entire week, which could theoretically devalue the price of a shiny pichu. I don't know if it's good or bad, I think bad, but some users would be able to shiny hunt a different pokemon each week with the bonus and be able to gain a lot of currency from selling a variety of shinies rather than just one from their hunt Not sure if the last point made sense, but I tried
I doubt it would drop the price. The PotW boost probably wouldn't be huge, though it's most likely not going to happen.
Assassin2631's AvatarAssassin2631
No support for above reasons. (PotD is already a tiny boost, no need for a repeat of this)
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
Um... The Pokémon of the week should never change mid-week, first of all. Second, no support due to redundancy, so that first comment was irrelevant. >w>

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The only way this would be approved is if we didn't have PotD already, or wanted to replace it. But I think, when choosing from 424 Egg species, having only 52 chances in a given year would be far too infrequent. 365/366 chances is much better. While it's true you can't really take advantage of them at such short notice (hence the need for the "prediction" when it gets chosen for Tournaments - for anyone curious Sally has a list of the next 10 PotD) this reinforces its position as a passive bonus that's nice to have, rather than one you can plan for. After all, if you could properly plan for and take advantage of it, I'd have to lower its power in order to maintain balance ;)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page