PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Possibility to release daycare eggs per species.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
Suggestion Title: Possibility to release daycare eggs per specie. Suggestion Summary: Instead of only having the 'release all egg' option in the daycare, you can also just release the egg of one species if you no longer need these eggs. Positive points: - Keeps your daycare 'clean' - Easy when you bred ahead and no longer need certain eggs - Easier to keep track of the eggs you need - Not able to accidently adopt the wrong egg (when breeding variants or alike eggs) because the daycare is flooded. Negative points: - More a luxury feature as necessary. - People can also just ignore the unneeded eggs in their daycare until they disappear. Reason For Consideration: It makes it easier for instead, variant hunters, to keep their daycare clean. It makes it also possible to supply the shelter with more normal eggs easier (as people do not want to discard their variant eggs), or to release eggs from a previous breeding if you forgot to do so before putting your new breeding pair in. note: I'm sorry if this has already been suggested before. I scanned the approved/declined areas and couldn't find it so my apologies if I overlooked previous suggestions regarding this.
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
Rejected before

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

QUOTE originally posted by Rib

[...] you could release one species and keep the other(s).
And this is why it won't be implemented. It would make hunting Exclusives too easy.
Other
• Current Type Race points: 0 •
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
I want to adress here that I feel as if this option won't make hunting exclusive easier? I mean, you only release one kind of eggs from your daycare, and keep the others. It is not as if I suggest to increase the breeding rate of exclusives, just a way to keep your daycare clean. Unless there is an underlying code in the daycare which takes the amount of normal eggs into consideration with the calculation of the breeding of the exclusive egg, in that case the reasoning makes sense to me. Also, I am not asking to remove the 24h rule or something, as eggs will still be released when they are too 'old' to be kept in the daycare. So I really do not see how this should make variant breeding easier?
Maybe it can't be programmed for people who don't have a spyglass to be able to do it? IT confused me too.
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx

QUOTE originally posted by NotMatt

Unless there is an underlying code in the daycare which takes the amount of normal eggs into consideration with the calculation of the breeding of the exclusive egg, in that case the reasoning makes sense to me.
I feel there's a possibility that's the case. I passed it off as me overthinking things at first but on several occasions it appears my Apoc pair just struggle to produce any more eggs in general when I have say, 2000-3000+ eggs being held overall. This is with the Red Gigaremo active and their happiness rarely falls below 50% before I refill it. I'd need to test it further to see if it is actually a thing or just a coincidence unless Niet was to confirm/deny it. For the record, I'd love this feature though just so I could help some friends produce eggs they need for their hunts through out the day and actually release them without releasing the Apoc eggs I've spent hours producing. Since variants and their regular counterpart(s) are technically the same species, I'd just have it so if I tried to release my regular Growlithe eggs, it'd release my Apoc eggs at the same time.
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
I support this one. Keeping things nice and tidy is good.
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
I definitely support. Though if Someone can give some good evidence/reasons as to why this would mess with exclusive hunting, I'd be fine with it not implementing. Also, even if there is an underlying code, will that really change much? It's underlying for a reason. If people knew having more normal eggs gives more variants, they'd hold onto the normal eggs whether they could release the individually or not. If the code makes it more likely the less normal eggs, people would just release the normal ones quicker, something they'd do anyway if releasing individually was implemented, even if they didn't know about the code.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
xXShadeXx's AvatarxXShadeXx
I just wanted to say that I don't believe it has anything to do with making variants/exclusives easier to hunt. Well that alone. I remember I was talking with Garth like when reviews first became a thing and I was messaging him. This was around 4 months ago. He said, and I quote, "Elta does appear to have missed a lot of relevant information in that response. I mean, she's not wrong - but that alone as the sole reason is simply not the case. I'm surprised. She normally is much more informative than that." Which means there's probably a different reason why it's been rejected before.
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Definitely needs to only be usable if a SpyGlass is owned. Other than that, can't say I really care either way. Sure you get a lot of clutter when hunting Variants, but they don't hurt you or anything, and if they really bug you you can dump them off when you deplete the Variant egg stock. Or they'll just release themselves after a day.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I agree that this isn't really needed. I mean really, the manual release all button isn't really "needed" either although it can be good for cleaning up when you change breeding partners. I don't think it's particularly worthwhile to add this. There would actually be quite a bit of code adjustment to make it work too - when releasing all, there are some shortcuts that can be taken to greatly speed things up, but these shortcuts disappear when applying even one filter. So there'd be a fair bit of programming there. While it's not anything excessive, it does take away from time I could be doing something more widely useful, if that makes sense. Sorry!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page