PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PFQ Region Name

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny
Suggestion Title: Region name for PFQ Suggestion Summary: I find it quite strange that PFQ's region is just called.. Pokefarm. Seeing as it's close to other regions like Sinnoh, you'd think it had an established name like Captis (Latin for 'capture') or Villam (Latin for 'farm'). These are just placeholder names for now, any name can be chosen by the staff. Positive points: Makes the region of PFQ feel somewhat real? I'unno, something like that. Adding onto the first point, it makes it just feel like a Pokemon region that's actually existant - have you ever seen a Pokemon region named Spoon? No. Negative points: Could be troubling to find a good name. Veterans could have a bit of a hard time adjusting to the new name. I can't really find anything else that could be troubling. A cease-and-desist may be filed if Nintendo chooses to do a game like Pokefarm in the future, even if it was made beforehand. Reason For Consideration: PFQ just seems like a rather plain name for a region with Fakemon, and it could just be a quality of life kind of thing, nothing too game-changing that'd cause major controversy.
present day present time b - any pronouns OK
arbor's Avatararbor
support. the only downside i could see is if nintendo doesn't know about us, and decides to make g8 or g9 named the same thing as the pfq region- then what? would pfq sue nintendo, or change the region name again? but i feel like there's a very low chance of that happening, so support.
arbor ☼ journal: 574 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

support. the only downside i could see is if nintendo doesn't know about us, and decides to make g8 or g9 named the same thing as the pfq region- then what? would pfq sue nintendo, or change the region name again? but i feel like there's a very low chance of that happening, so support.
Yeah, I was considering the trouble of Nintendo/GAME FREAK filing a cease-and-desist, but it is very unlikely seeing as it's just a discussion site with a side of collecting and whatnot. So long as you don't directly copy all of Pokemon's mechanics (ex: like what Uranium did), it should be fine.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Nintendo could one day decide to make something similar to PFQ and then we'd still be in trouble. This is a fear that the staff live with, unfortunately. x: So I personally don't think we're that worried with names.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

Nintendo could one day decide to make something similar to PFQ and then we'd still be in trouble. This is a fear that the staff live with, unfortunately. x: So I personally don't think we're that worried with names.
Kinda sucks that its that way, so I'll add that as a con. :x
Zen's AvatarZen
Except... that has nothing to do with a name for PFQ's region but with the game as a whole, so it's not really a con. As for the suggestion, it would be nice for PFQ to have its own region name. Support.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Polagator's AvatarPolagator
Even though I find fakemon region names to be really cringy I'll still add my support.
648 ZC until my Beautiful Shiny Charm Box!
Wow I've got to start selling stuff...
Mystera's AvatarMystera

I've actually seen something similar to this happen. There's a fansite that was called The Pokemon Moon, when Gen7 got announced it was renamed to Pokemon Eclipse. You can probably guess why.
Polagator's AvatarPolagator

QUOTE originally posted by Mystera

I've actually seen something similar to this happen. There's a fansite that was called The Pokemon Moon, when Gen7 got announced it was renamed to Pokemon Eclipse. You can probably guess why.
It just doesn't seem fair to me. Why should a stemmed idea be replaced because the original idea said the idea is theirs now? Should the butterfly sue pokemon because pokemon was based on the idea of catching bugs? Though I don't know what the realistic reason would be, I'm not a layer XD.
Qwertypop04's AvatarQwertypop04
Support for reasons already stated

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page