PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Better Visibility of the Reporting Guide

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

croChimerical's AvatarcroChimerical
Suggestion Title: More visibility for the report guide. Suggestion Summary:Originally I thought we needed a guide on reporting, only to realize/be told it already exists. But it seems a bit outdated (mostly that the images are broken) and it's tucked away on the last page of the guide forums (a forum I already see people miss a lot.) I think it'd be useful if the guide could be linked in the rules and/or on the guide page somehow, so more people are aware of its existence and can feel better about reporting. Positive points: Would help users know about and find the guide so they can become more comfortable at reporting Negative points:Could still be overlooked, reducing the use of linking it Users in theory should just be able to find it themselves Reason For Consideration: I have seen numerous users unsure on reporting, why it's needed, or what a report process is like. Clearly that means the existing guide isn't very visible tucked away on the last page of the guides forum. I hope linking in it appropriate places would allow more users to see it, and thus make use of it.

Original post

Suggestion Title: Report Guide Suggestion Summary: A staff made or approved guide on filing a report and misconceptions about what happens after, possibly linked in the rules and on the report page, to help unsure or nervous users better report and keep the forums/community clean. The guide could include a screenshot of how a general report screen looks. It could explain what could be important information in reports, what isn't, and possibly some suggestions for wording on common reports (bumping too soon, double posting, breaking legibility guidelines, to name a few common ones I have reported myself) for those with anxiety or who are bad with words. Would let users know that a report isn't instantly filed after clicking the button without them needing to find out by actually clicking it themselves just to see. (I have seen many users worry about accidentally hitting report, or worried about clicking it because of such a thought). It could also include a section letting users know that a reported user usually will not be locked or "banned" just for minor offences and will typically just recieve a warning, especially if it's their first offence. I have seen this worry a lot and used to think it myself. Informing users they won't somehow "ruin" another user's PFQ experience for a simple/minor report could encourage them to not be so scared of reporting. A section clarifying why a report is important and should be done over just ignoring it would also be helpful, so that people realize why reporting is better than simply ignoring it. This could also clarify why it's better to report than handle it yourself. (Such as situations where it was actually a misnderstanding that would've been cleared up peacefully if reported, but when handled by oneself could devolve into rudeness. Or arguements caused by thinking something was innapropriate or foul language that would've been more peacefully solved by just reporting and letting staff decide if it was innappropriate and thus can be sure it doesn't happen again, or if it was fine and "Here's why it was okay" which I myself have heard before.) As a hopefully offical guide, it would be a nice bonus to have the guide linked on the report page itself and in the rules, so more people will know it is there. On the rules page, it could possibly see it being linked in rule 6F, such as: "If you are aware that someone is breaking the rules (in example, knowing someone has a multi-account) and you do not report them (Here's a guide on reporting if you are unsure how), then you are aiding them in rule-breaking." On the report page it could possibly be linked like: "Provide as much relevant information as possible, including screenshots if necessary. BBCode IS allowed, but should be limited to what is necessary (such as images or links). Unsure what is neccesary or not? See this guide" Of course, those placements for linking the guide are simply what I coud think of ad if someone else can think of a better placement, i'm all ears. Positive points: Could encourge more users to report things that need reporting by removing some of the anxiety and confusion over it Could help users newer to reporting know how to file an effective report. Negative points: Some people could think the ways suggested to report in it are how one absolutely must do it May possibly still not be seen by users who need it, reducing its use Could easily be made by a user not staff (tho I feel as if people would trust it more to be reliable if it was staff made.) Reason For Consideration: It feels like many users (including myself when I was newer) are almost scared to report people because "report" sounds harsh and they are not aware of what making a report is like or what to include in it and are scared of harming another user's experience because they hear "report" and instantly think "ban". I believe a guide letting people know what to expect from the report feature would ease some of this worry and stigma and help create a better attitude about repports that would encourage more plyers to help by reporting things that need reporting. If anything is unclearly worded, please ask me to clarify. I am not always the best with words but another suggestion got me thinking on and noticing some of the misconceptions behind reporting.
Yahan's AvatarYahan
Sorry, I don't really support. It kinda already exists. ^^'
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
Oh I hadn't realized that. Well it looks like it needs some updating, of the broke images. And having it linked place it's more accesable would be nice. I'll edit the firs tpost to be about that then. EDIT: first opst edited to be about making the guide more visiblle. I feel silly for forgetting to check for a guide on it myself.
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
I can see about updating the guide. As for visibility, I'm unsure where else it can go other than the actual report page. And even then the issue is people seem to be unable to locate the actual report option... So where would it go?
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Originaly, I had the idea of it possibly being linked in the rules, maybe under 6F, where it mentions that knowingly allowing someone to continue rulebreaking could get you in trouble too. Maybe with a line of (Unsure how to report misbehavior? See here) Or possibly add it as a useful link in the farm page, under Important Forum Threads. And while it wouldn't help the fact of people not knowing where the report button is, having it on the report page too could help uers new to reporting who get overwhelmed or unsure when they see the report page.
Bump for opinions on places to link the guide, i guess? I was also thinking, maybe it could become a pinned/stickied thread in the guide forums since it is a fairly important guide. That way it's not sort of tucked away on the last page where it's less likely to be seen?
Uzumi's AvatarUzumi
Moving this to approved, I'm currently working on the Report Guide and it is planned to link it on the report page once it is fitting for this purpose. c:
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Took a while but this is done now. The wording on the Report User page has also been relaxed a bit too, to encourage "I'm not sure but..." kind of reports. Basically if a report is done in good faith then it's all good, it's the kind of "this person was mean to me in school IRL so BAN THEM" (which, I kid you not, we genuinely get sometimes) that needs to be dissuaded.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page