PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Thread Post Shuffling

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

The order of posts is determined by post ID. Shuffling them around would mean having to check priority before everything is loaded. While it's fast... do you really want the site to go through that every time someone views that thread? Fastest way remains copy/pasting posts and ordering them yourself that way. Tedious if you have pages of posts, but worth it.
How would this Copy Pasting Method work? Especially in joint shops where there are two people working together with one being the thread owner or where Singular posts are lost among the many? This is where Coding would play a major part in this suggestion. I believe the ID's are internal, part of the source code, Right? It is possible for a system where ID's are swapped between posts depending on their order. For example this could be a way that it works: Each post has a number. Let's say there's ten post as of current. EG: 1 HIYA 2 Welcome to my shop 3 Random Post 4 Stocks 5 Rules 6 Potential Customer 7 Forms 8 Potenial Customer 2 9 Secondary Partner Intro 10 Reply To customers Now a more preferable order is something like this 1 HIYA 2 Welcome to my shop 5 Rules 4 Stocks 7 Forms 9 Secondary Partner Intro 6 Potential Customer 8 Potenial Customer 2 10 Reply To customers 3 Random Post Now instead of organizing each post to their ID, How about to the number in the sequence. So no matter what post is moved to slot 1, it'd still have the same ID therefore being "faster to load". So for Example slot 1's ID is 1010345. No matter what post is in Slot 1, the ID will always be 1010345 whether it be "HIYA" or "Random Post". This of course, I imagine, would be a pain to code, but could be worth while in the end and a great challenge.
  • tab 1
  • Shops you should check out
  • Dc
This is a signature. Wip
Credit: Signature and Animations are coded and made by me for personal use only.
add later
https://dragcave.net/user/Dragonwhisper23
hannahbonn's Avatarhannahbonn
This seems a bit pointless...can't you just post something like "work in progress" to make sure no one interrupts? You can always edit posts.

advertisements

click the banners above to go to my joint shops or my raffles! Also check out my friends shop :D

credits

Breeding pair banner made by ThisIsNormal Art shop banner made by masochisms Raffle banner made by me Adopts banner made by ziaja Avatar made by Chanty
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The current system doesn't actually sort by anything. They just are in ID order. Adding in any kind of sorting will be a performance hit, whether that's sorting by ID explicitly, or sorting by some arbitrary "order". So let's just say "no" and leave it at that.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page