PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Thread Post Shuffling

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

ShinyShinx's AvatarShinyShinx
Suggestion Title: Thread Post Shuffling Suggestion Summary: Lets say you start up a Shop with a friend. You create the thread, do all the BBCoding and show off your stocks. Your friend works on making their part of the shop, when posts come in and move her a page or so back. I think it would be good for the creator of the thread to be able to move around posts so that the thread could be far better organised. Positive points: Would allow smaller threads to be more organised if you somehow fall behind posts and for certain posts of the thread to be highlighted easier and could make it so thread creators would have a lot more control over their threads. Negative points: It would be more than likely possible to troll someone with this feature, but less so than with the option to delete or report posts Reason For Consideration: It could prove very useful for the organisation of trade shops and a variety of non-admin run threads.
Icon by 7GROVEY on Twitter, for my use. I wrote a Fanfic!
Approved. I'd like to reorganize my journal when I need to, as well as delete unneeded posts.
Its certainly a good a idea and is very sound. It'd certainly clean up a lot of shops.
  • tab 1
  • Shops you should check out
  • Dc
This is a signature. Wip
Credit: Signature and Animations are coded and made by me for personal use only.
add later
https://dragcave.net/user/Dragonwhisper23
Niall's AvatarNiall
Already rejected. If you would like journal posts deleted you can politely PM a Forum Moderator.

QUOTE originally posted by Niall

Already rejected. If you would like journal posts deleted you can politely PM a Forum Moderator.
They're not talking about deleting them at all
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Niall's AvatarNiall
Sorry, the second sentence was for TragicallyHip ^^ Just copy and paste the posts you want to save though, and ask a Forum Moderator to remove the rest.
BrinnaSilvio's AvatarBrinnaSilvio
No thanks. This could easily be abused by people shuffling their favorite customers to the front of the line, and pushing users they don't like to the end. (first come, first serve sorta deal) If you're making a joint shop, just title it as being under construction until you're both ready to open.
Collecting
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
No support If you're worried about people posting while your friend(s) are still working on their post then it's your job to prevent it. Either make it obvious not to post until it's opened, work on your post(s) beforehand or lock the thread if your friend(s) aren't ready at that moment. A system like this would have too many opportunities for abuse
Other
• Current Type Race 10,103

QUOTE originally posted by BrinnaSilvio

No thanks. This could easily be abused by people shuffling their favorite customers to the front of the line, and pushing users they don't like to the end. (first come, first serve sorta deal) If you're making a joint shop, just title it as being under construction until you're both ready to open.

QUOTE originally posted by iOlrickx

No support If you're worried about people posting while your friend(s) are still working on their post then it's your job to prevent it. Either make it obvious not to post until it's opened, work on your post(s) beforehand or lock the thread if your friend(s) aren't ready at that moment. A system like this would have too many opportunities for abuse
Sure, there is the risk of Abuse, but that carries through with everything. There's always a risk with everything you do. From Dex trading to general life and walking down the street. And here the Opportunities outweigh the risk. Highlighting Sales and moving around posts makes the chaotic system of threads slightly better and organised. It would make post look a lot cleaner, especially for those starting out their shop and wanting to improve it. Take a look at Our community. It's friendly and welcoming and the rotten apples are weeded out quickly and effectively with current rules and regulations that are in place. We face the risk of unfair and unjust behaviour every time we log on, type anything on the forums and every time we trade. For example, Many shops offer Dex trades. So what's the process when someone refuses to trade back one of your Pokemon? Most send a polite PM to the user, asking for the Pokemon. If there's no response or resolution, then the user can take it to Moderaters and report the user. A similar process can be put in place here. And it's easily monitored as demonstrated By Niet when he released the stats for the Easter event and weeded out extra accounts made during the time.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
The order of posts is determined by post ID. Shuffling them around would mean having to check priority before everything is loaded. While it's fast... do you really want the site to go through that every time someone views that thread? Fastest way remains copy/pasting posts and ordering them yourself that way. Tedious if you have pages of posts, but worth it.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page