PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lab Timer

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

Raichu's AvatarRaichu
Okay, so I know the lab timer is supposed to make it so that you don't keep spamming reload. It would be broken if we were to remove the timer as a whole. But what if we were to make the timer slightly weaker? My suggestion is to make the timer be directly affected by the amount of eggs in the shelter. The only way I can think of is that to use data of however many eggs were in the shelter from last night. On reset, the timer will be that amount of eggs, multiplied by ten, with the lowest possible time being 2:30 and highest being 5:00. In case you don't understand, I'm proposing this: Timer(in seconds)=((E#/2)x10) where 28<E#<62, in which if the number of eggs is not within the range, it will be 2:30 if less than the range, and 5:00 if more. Also, if the amount of eggs were to be odd, it'd be rounded up. Obviously, since the shelter will be more filled as there are more players, the divisor will get bigger to make the timer work as I am suggesting it should; that is, make it shorter. Reasons:
  • Right now, with the shelter variety of common Fire types everyone pretty much has, I think most of us are relying on the lab for eggs we don't have yet, but there are times where there are eggs we simply don't want. It's because of that, that I want the timer to be shortened.
  • Yes, I know that the timer is only 5:00, but it's still 5:00, and as an avid clicker, I feel that being given five clicks because I don't have a full party is not efficient. ^^;
  • Due to the new daycare mechanics, it's really hard to get eggs. I am aware that
Possible reasons it might not be accepted:
  • There is no need to make the timer shorter. Five minutes is okay enough as it is. I am well aware of that, but it is frustrating to wait five minutes for something that could very well possibly be a selection of eggs I don't even want. Also, as the main supplier of eggs at the moment, I think a nerf on the time is well-deserved.
  • There will be other options in the future, anyway. That is a valid point, except that those would possibly be the shelter as it gets bigger, or the egg supplier, which requires an eggdex anyway. That's redundant to the fact that I want new eggdexes. Another good egg supplier would be the trade center, where I can get a new Pokémon and then breed for its eggdex, but with the new and harder daycare mechanic, I find that doing that will be a pain.
  • Halving the timer by half at most is just too overpowered! Not at all! Take the shelter, for example. In Pokéfarm 1, there is a reload timer of five seconds, but here, there isn't even a timer. This change to the shelter timer was made before the new daycare mechanics were placed into PFQ.
  • Coding it would be too complicated. This I cannot assure or disprove of, since I'm not a coding type of person. If it can't, then I guess my suggestion wouldn't work, so yeah. xD
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just to make it clear, are you complaining about the ability to get Eggs, or "Eggs I haven't found yet"?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Raichu's AvatarRaichu
To get eggs in general, but I'm using that as an example, since that's what most people here are striving for. In hindsight, I shouldn't have used "I" so much, because it makes me seem selfish. >_<
To get Eggs in general, just pick one of the four Eggs and you get a new set of four immediately.
Raichu's AvatarRaichu
Of course that works, but what if other people wanted to get other types of eggs? It still doesn't solve the example I set down.
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover
I don't really like that you have to wait 5 minutes before you see new eggs in the lab either but i do think it needs to have the timer on it. Maybe the timer could just be lowered to like 2-3 minutes instead? What Raichu said on the first post with how to reset the timer for different times and stuff by using the shelter just seems really complex to me. As for making it even less time for reload. How about it be a ult account feature? If you have a ult account you get the timer cut in half to 1-1 1/2 minutes? That's just what my thoughts are on it.
My type race5192. My trade thread can be found here
× 161 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
I can't say I agree with you there Seshielover. If the lab time was cut to 1/2 minutes then I can go through 30/60 lab egg refreshes. Four egg slots, all of which have the possibility of having a legendary or a ditto. This would make the future shiny hunting of rare pokemon far to easy.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
I don't agree with this suggestion either, my reason is 5 minutes isn't that long, you could do other things to keep your mind off the timer like clicking people or doing something in real life and then go back to see the new eggs. I personally think 5 minutes, okay let's go on PF and click people as a pass time.
Avatar made by Cryst of Comet (my OC that i created)
Score: 101
Diana's AvatarDiana
I agree with the idea of cutting the time for Ult. users, but I can't see why it should be cut for the rest. As mentioned by Gyro, just level up a Pokemon, or something... That said, no support.
I was considering adding an Upgrade, maybe a "Lab Pass", that lets you instantly reload, one time per Pass. But I can also see about reducing the base time for Ultimate Users. Good idea there.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page