PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Living Shelter pokemon (and other ideas to liven up the shelter)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345

Morzone's AvatarMorzone

original living shelter pokemon idea

Back before the recode (whoa that was more than a year ago already) whenever you visited the shelter, the pokemon visible would move about within the viewing box as if they were actual, living pokemon hoping to get adopted. It was actually one of my favorite features of the shelter, as it made it feel like, well, an actual Shelter rather than just somewhere to sort through the eggs and pokemon other people didn't care for. So I'm just suggesting this return as a feature of the shelter. I know some people were annoyed when they had to chase the pokemon around the box to click on them, but it really was a minor issue and in my opinion doesn't out do the immersion benefits. Positives: Makes the shelter more realistic, as if the pokemon are living and want to be adopted. Makes the shelter more dynamic and therefore more attractive to new players. Helps with the role-play feeling of the server Negatives: May be very difficult for mobile users with small screens Some people would rather be able to just click a stationary pokemon because it would be slightly quicker. Suggestions from poster's input: Some sort of toggle-off system for those whom this would cause problems for. such as mobile users. (preferred method, whether it's an item or some option in a menu, is undecided)
If you do not support living shelter pokemon, but do want to see the shelter become more attractive and lively, please feel free to share some ideas on how to do so. If you did support, but have other ideas, we'd love to hear them. The point of this suggestion is the make the shelter more lively and engaging, especially for newer players. But if you feel there are other, better ways to do so than living shelter pokemon, I'd love to hear your ideas.

suggestion by DreamThief

QUOTE originally posted by DreamThief

Hi! I agree with the practical aspects of having Pokemon moving around in the Shelter being annoying and possibly making it harder to spot them, however I can also see where you're coming from about the lack of 'life' in the Shelter. It might not fully address the issue, but what if instead of making the 'mons move, the background had a small animation to it? Something like the flowers or grass waving in the breeze like in the GBA games? A short, simple gif-like image that repeats. Another nice touch would be having a couple of different Shelter 'areas', like a beach and a forest and a mountain, which would make sense for a place that houses all kinds of Pokemon. Every reload you get a random background, or you can choose to just stick with the default. No effect on the types of 'mons you find, obviously, but it would look nice and add some variety. Combine the two and I think it would look awesome. Lapping waves on the beach, moving dappling in the forest, stuff like that. I don't think I support moving Pokemon, but I think these alternatives might work. Cheers, DreamThief.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
Sorry but no support from me something like this yes would be annoying to have, it might also make it hard for people trying to nab a egg from shelter if the pokemon if moving around and get in the way of said egg.
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
The eggs never moved though, and from what I remember the pokemon always bounced around them, never actually covering it up. so it wouldn't get in the way of the eggs at all.
Eclipsed's AvatarEclipsed
I'm sorry, but I can't support. This would work fine on PC, though I do remember it as being slightly annoying on PF1, but I'm concerned about how it would affect mobile users. The icons are small enough that when I'm on mobile it can take me several tries to get the pokemon to respond, and having pokemon move while doing that would make it exponentially more difficult.
Polagator's AvatarPolagator
Support, I would also like this to happen since like you said it just seems like a bunch of images pasted inside a square. And since the berries in the fields did a terrific job of making them look lively, might as well give the shelter a shot.
648 ZC until my Beautiful Shiny Charm Box!
Wow I've got to start selling stuff...
Lørentius's AvatarLørentius
No support. The Pokémon moving around was quite annoying, and I didn't like the fact that you had to buy an upgrade to stop them from moving. Even if there was a toggle option, I find it quite unnecessary.
Lore/Lorentius | They/them Avatar by feshnie on dA | 58881 Nanabs
Polagator's AvatarPolagator
Even though I would like this to happen it seems like you're only thinking about yourself, maybe make a list of the positives? Because suggestions have been rejected for only self thinking.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone

QUOTE originally posted by Polagator

Even though I would like this to happen it seems like you're only thinking about yourself, maybe make a list of the positives? Because suggestions have been rejected for only self thinking.
Good suggestion, and I've added it. May update it depending on more responses.
Duskar's AvatarDuskar
Original PF had a nice little button that, when clicked, stopped Pokemon from moving around. I can't remember if it only lasted for that refresh of the shelter, or if it applied until the page was loaded. There was no need to buy an item for this option. And yes, Pokemon bounced off eggs, though could overlap with another Pokemon which, when they're surrounded by eggs, can result in some prolonges overlapping. Looking at the shelter on my phone, which I'm using, the Pokemon are represented by their party icons. If this were to be implemented, it'd make sense to keep the mobule shelter the way it is for convenience of mobile users, because yes PFQ has actually been built quite well for mobile. In the end, I support. The original 'stop Pokemon from moving' was a toggle button, though perhaps it could be made a 'permanent' toggle (rather than resetting on a page refresh or shelter refresh, stay toggled until untoggled).
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||

Long quote lel

QUOTE originally posted by Deltastorm

Original PF had a nice little button that, when clicked, stopped Pokemon from moving around. I can't remember if it only lasted for that refresh of the shelter, or if it applied until the page was loaded. There was no need to buy an item for this option. And yes, Pokemon bounced off eggs, though could overlap with another Pokemon which, when they're surrounded by eggs, can result in some prolonges overlapping. Looking at the shelter on my phone, which I'm using, the Pokemon are represented by their party icons. If this were to be implemented, it'd make sense to keep the mobule shelter the way it is for convenience of mobile users, because yes PFQ has actually been built quite well for mobile. In the end, I support. The original 'stop Pokemon from moving' was a toggle button, though perhaps it could be made a 'permanent' toggle (rather than resetting on a page refresh or shelter refresh, stay toggled until untoggled).
Green Gigaremo was what you had to buy to make them to stop. No support from me but im too tired to type out the reasons so oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feel free to PM for any art requests uwu
Made by SoraX for Pikachuisepiclol's use only.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page