PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Adopt a shelter Pokemon from its profile page

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Hi there! I just thought I should suggest this, as I've thought of it quite often- what if you can adopt a shelter Pokemon from its profile page? Now, before someone goes and posts "Someone already suggested this!" hear me out. I don't browse this section of the forum often, so there is a high likelihood that someone did indeed post this idea before me. But here are my thoughts on the matter... Many a time, I've seen a Pokemon that is listed as being in the Shelter (i.e. Nobody's Pikachu), and I wanted to adopt it. But I could spend hours and hours searching and never find the dang thing. I can say from experience that it isn't a fun task, and certainly makes my mood take a turn for the worse. I'm willing to bet that there is at least a handful of users that can share my frustration. As such, I propose that a button be added to the Pokemon's profile page that says, "Adopt from Shelter!" or something of the like. Maybe put it where the berry selection usually is, considering you can't give them any when they are in the Shelter. That way users would never have to worry again about missing out on that Pokemon they couldn't locate in the Shelter due to it being lost in the jumble of released Pokemon. Now, there should be limits to this, so that some users can't just release a Pokemon and adopt it over and over again to get better passes. Perhaps there could be a sort of "cool-down time" for re-adopting a Pokemon you released, maybe spanning a day or more. So, with all that said... yay or nay?
It's not really a "signature" if I can't sign my name on it... right?
ChromaSys's AvatarChromaSys
I support. I haven't had this problem myself, but it does seem frustrating. With the cool-down, though, maybe there should be a rule that says you can only readopt a Pokémon you released once? And there has to be something to make sure people can tell if it's still in the shelter, since sometimes people don't refresh pages or things aren't up to date. EDIT: I have to agree with Niall and the points he made... if there was a way to prevent cheating, then maybe...
Avatar made by TheMushroomNacho c:<3<3<3 Tanks created by Box<3
Niall's AvatarNiall
No support. I don't think enough people go onto abandoned Pokémon's pages for this to be wanted. ^^ Not to mention it could be used by others to cheat. If you don't have enough trade slots, you can just release the Pokémon and quickly give the link to your partner instead of spending GP on trade expansions or cancelling a trade. In terms of using this to find lost Pokémon, there are warnings to keep yourself from accidentally releasing a Pokémon, including the new update that adds another message if it's holding an item. If you think you might lose a Pokémon, keep its summary page somewhere, and if it happens, stalk its summary as well as the Shelter. If it's found by someone else (you can check by reloading it's summary) you can ask for it back, or offer a reward for finding it. While they aren't required by site rules to give it back to you, I'm sure many onsite are friendly and willing to help. In fact, there are many users who PM asking if you meant to release your Pokémon when they find it in the Shelter.
Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
@Niall I can see your concerns about that, and I agree with some of them- yes, some people might exploit it, and yes, there are warnings to prevent it. But what if there was- to quote Suriya's suggestion- a code to adopt it, but you can only adopt one Shelter Pokemon via code each day? Therefore it would prevent people from exploiting it because they wouldn't want to lose the chance to use it for a legitimate reason. In addition, I once lost a Pokemon in the Shelter and asked a lot of people for help with finding it, yet barely anyone did. What if someone had no other option and had to watch their Pokemon get deleted? Remember that as well as all the kind players on the site, there will always be the occasional unkind person who will, for example, ask for a Dex Trade and then release your Pokemon. Some people will need to have a failsafe method to recover their Pokemon. Sometimes, even if you manage to rally your friends on Pokefarm to hunt it down, it is lost in the crowded Shelter despite your best efforts. As some say, "All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put him back together again." Failure is always an option despite giving it your all. @RyuokoWolf Thanks for pointing that out. However, I feel as though there wasn't a suitable rebutle in that discussion to find a solution that worked. But it does provide some interesting points in it, and I can see why it was rejected.
Yuuki's AvatarYuuki
Even one exploit is still an exploit, I can't support this, sorry. And you don't come across links to shelter Pokemon very often.
Shop Avatar creds: Manda

QUOTE originally posted by Yuuki

Even one exploit is still an exploit, I can't support this, sorry. And you don't come across links to shelter Pokemon very often.
It's fine, and you're correct- Shelter Pokemon links don't come up every day, and an exploit is an exploit. However, this would prevent the Shelter Pokemon links from coming up at all. Also- as much as I hate to defend my position using an example of an exploit- I've heard that sometimes users that run out of space might use the Trading Centre for extra storage, though it doesn't seem like a common ploy. It is similar in dynamic to it, but I can see the Shelter Pokemon one being used just a bit more than that one. If it doesn't get accepted, I'll understand. But I will still defend my standpoint on the matter even post-decision. EDIT: Also, my apologies if I appear to be rambling. I tend to do so quite often.
Niall's AvatarNiall
Dang it Ryu, I couldn't find it myself in the Rejected section, props to you for finding it Yes, people are going to release their Pokemon on accident. I think something should be done, but I'm not a fan of your suggestion, no offense, and at the same time have no clue what could be done instead of your suggestion, to be honest. I've never released a Pokemon accidentally so I don't know what else can be done to foolproof it without annoying legitimate releasers. There are warnings when you click on the button for a reason! As a side note, if you've ever had Pokemon stolen from you, you can report them for stealing. You just can't report someone for using the Shelter correctly. But Niet or another staff member can have your Pokemon returned to you in the event of a wrongdoer who steals your Pokemon ^^
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
Let's say Sei has a Shiny Rockruff in her party and says to the chat, "I'm going to be releasing this, good luck to whoever finds it." I go to its summary page, wait for her to say she released it, hit refresh, andddd suddenly there goes all the fun in finding it. Not to mention the multiple other ways this could be exploited. Sorry, it just isn't plausible. :/

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
@Niall Once again, all of those are excellent points. Honestly, if there was a way in which it could work perfectly, I would have tried suggesting it but alas, it is not so. It seems wrong to bother the staff about a missing Pokemon, but it is a legitimate solution. Perhaps... a section in the forum specifically for finding lost Shelter Pokemon? Maybe I'll post that idea in the Suggestions section later, but we'll see. @Raca Honestly, that crossed my mind as well... maybe have an option that says "hide code" or something similar that can be activated before release? It's fine, we all have our opinions! Your thoughts on this are quite valid.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page