PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Fork Skins

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
Ever used Github? You can fork other users' files, essentially creating a copy for yourself to edit while leaving theirs unaltered. Why not the same thing with skins? For example, let's say that I like Upui's Sandy w/ red orange skin except I want to make the panel headers (@col-bg2) lighter to fit the theme. I could fork it and just change that value. This would also, of course, make it that when changes are made to the original they would not be reflected in your version unless added by you manually. Edit: Though I assumed it to be obvious, I guess it's worth mentioning that your own skins could, of course, also be forked to make changes to ne easily without getting rid of the original.

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
wouldn't this be similiar to borrowing without permission raca
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
No, not even kind of. If I have the skin path, I must have gotten it from the author or from somebody that the author gave permission to share the skin path. If I post, "hey, I've got this cool skin at zf/cool-skin," then I'm clearly conveying that I don't mind others using and/or forking the skin. Otherwise, unless somebody happens to guess the skin path, there's no way to "borrow without permission." Besides, it's the same way on Github and CodePen: if you don't want people forking it, don't share it publicly. That simple.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Raca

Ever used Github?
No I can't say I have :p But I wanted to add something like this already. So this gets approved.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
Oh snap! So excited, thanks for the speedy reply, Noot.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page