PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokeFinder Suggestion?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

RosieOciKat's AvatarRosieOciKat
NOTE - THIS CONTAINS SOME MINOR SPOILERS FOR SUN/MOON. IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THEN I RECOMMEND NOT READING AHEAD?? Suggestion Title: PokeFinder/Pokemon Pictures Suggestion Summary: In Pokemon Sun/Moon we were introduced to the RotomDex - a Rotom in a Pokedex (I would personally LOVE to see this on the site, but I feel its not needed). There's also one feature that's pretty neat, in my opinion. The PokeFinder (is that what its called?? I can't remember :T). With this you can take pictures of wild Pokemon. If we had this, it would pretty much be the Pokemon you own in different positions or chatting or something. Positive points: 1 - it could give you random things to do with your Pokemon. it would also be a fun tool to use if you're bored. 2 - People can rate your pictures like they do in the game. 3 - it'd be a way to show off your Pokemon/give trade shops a boost if they have shinies/albinos/etc. for sale 4 - In the game, you get points for each thumbs up you get. you could change those points into credits or have the points represent a "social status" type thing. 5 - your Pokemon Picture could be in a featured box or a top 10 photos/players list could be shown (only 1 photo per player, so if you have 2 photos that could be in the top 10, the 1st would be used) Negative points: 1 - there would have to be a lot of things edited and such, which would be... annoying?? 2 - There would have to be SET POSITIONS for Pokemon. 3 - people could be very rude when rating pictures/pictures could be dark/innaproprite 4 - in the game, there's a small time limit for the thumbs up to come in. this would probably be a set time (such as an hour to a day, depending on what the staff chooses) Reason For Consideration: I personally think it would be a fun, time wasting thing to have. I mostly get bored sometimes on the website if I can't fish or my art/sprite shop isn't busy. I like to loose track of time on weekends, so it gives me a way to do that. I want to know what you all have to say - and I'd like to hear your reasons for agreeing/disagreeing. I understand if it is rejected though - I don't want to pressure staff or anything (I feel bad for people, I'm sorry XD). Post away :D
TWILEX: Nice to meet you, I'm Twilex! Check out this... it's nothing special... I'll be going! *runs*
MIDNIGHT: Sprites & Profile Pic drawn by RosieOciKat. Whoever made the buttons with said in the shops. <3

hey, listen!

CHECKER: Trainer says to check these out. You probably should, I don't have a say in this.
/
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
Have you tried dressing up pokemon yet?
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
LET ME EDIT THIS Okay - so I have checked it out, and not EVERYONE has the money to buy ZC. I think we just need something EVERYONE can use without having to pay so much. I mean, I get the point in buying ZC to help the website, so maybe you can buy upgrades for the Pokefinder (such as more backgrounds, positions, etc.) using ZC, but that's it.
PlasmaStorm's AvatarPlasmaStorm
As what to ACottontail said, isn't this similiar to dressing up, and then posting it the public for the people to rate? Is it something like that? I've never played sun and moon, so I wouldn't know.
'You are too late, I'm afraid. This flower's already dead'
Pokesonas Karyuu Yurui Comic Avatar is drawn by Tsuzera and used with permission
c r e d i t
Reshiram sprite is official. Coding and template is by TheFabuTor for free use
Dark-Pit's AvatarDark-Pit
i personally like this idea, you could earn points to trade it for items and things and they could feature tournament around it (get a certain amount of thumbs up) and it would be fun!
My old signature was trash. Time to switch it up with some words. PFP from Doncamatic music video by Gorillaz
Yuuki's AvatarYuuki
I haven't played sun or moon, and I'm not clear on what you're saying. How would it boost shops if you're showing off pokemon? And there's not really a point in RotomDex on pokefarm, since there's no interaction with wild Pokemon besides fishing, and there's already a pokedex page. In comparison to rating, there used to be the "like" system from xy, but it was removed. And Declan, I disagree, centering a tournament around rating Pokemon doesn't take time or effort, which is what the tournaments are for.
Shop Avatar creds: Manda
Dark-Pit's AvatarDark-Pit
i was talking about getting a certain amount of likes by taking good photos
Here's the problem: you HAVENT PLAYED SUN AND MOON. This means you Wouldnt understand. I also can't explain anything that well. But along with the dressing up - Its not something most can do. I don't have the money or permission to get ZC, which doesn't make the dressing up fun for me. Without playing sun and moon, this doesn't make sense, though. You can read up about the Pokefinder/RotomDex somewhere, but I can't explain anything. Honestly, I just posted this because I'm normally always a little bored on here when I can't get things to hatch or evolve or even get Pokerus. @Declan - I agree, that WOULD take some time to get a good amount of likes. It could possibly be a good tournament idea, or just a task. Doesn't matter much what it is, that's a good idea.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

QUOTE originally posted by RosieOciKat

LET ME EDIT THIS Okay - so I have checked it out, and not EVERYONE has the money to buy ZC. I think we just need something EVERYONE can use without having to pay so much. I mean, I get the point in buying ZC to help the website, so maybe you can buy upgrades for the Pokefinder (such as more backgrounds, positions, etc.) using ZC, but that's it.
You're probably mistaking the Contest Hall's Dressing Room for the actual Dress up feature. Custom Sprites bought from the Dressing Room cost ZC. Accessories used in the dress-up feature do not; they can be found by doing scour missions with your Pokémon. Said feature is accessible by going into your Pokémon's menu.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Oh, whoops... Heh, sorry... Then yeah, I have used it. But it still isn't that noticed to me, since I just ignore it... (sorry once again, I get ahead of myself, oh god >~<)

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page