PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Art Forum Addition - Request sub-forum

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

A) If an artist doesn't want to have an art shop, it's probably because one of two reasons: they just want to draw for themselves or because they don't have the time to keep up with it. If they just want to draw for themselves, why would they bother going through a subforum dedicated to drawing for others? And if they don't have time to draw for a shop, why would they have time to draw in a request thread? I doubt the number of available artists will increase very much. B) If anything, it would be even harder to find a favorable art style in a request-thread style subforum and for one basic reason: You're looking for offers. let's say you put out a request for a traditional drawing of your pokesona. Well, there are lots of different artists who could do traditional drawing, each with a different style, but how many are going to offer? You're going to get a few offers at most (unless you're offering some crazy payment) and that's going to greatly decrease your ability to find a style you like.
A) Sometimes artists don't open shops because they don't have enough examples or they have time and just don't wanna put all their time into it, sometimes they just don't want a shop at all. B) If someone is picky about styles, and wants to know what they're getting, simple. Ask people to post examples of their art and pick who they'll commission from there.
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
Silver's AvatarSilver

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

QUOTE originally posted by Silver

Now I know that someone is bound to say "We have art shops for a reason", but I'm going to rebuttal that with these points. A) Not all artist have or want an Art Shop. B) With the diverse art styles here, it can often be hard to find the art style you are looking for. C) If I can make a trade thread looking for a certain item, why can't I make a thread looking for certain art?
No support, not because I don't like the idea, but because I don't really think it'll work. A) If an artist doesn't want to have an art shop, it's probably because one of two reasons: they just want to draw for themselves or because they don't have the time to keep up with it. If they just want to draw for themselves, why would they bother going through a subforum dedicated to drawing for others? And if they don't have time to draw for a shop, why would they have time to draw in a request thread? I doubt the number of available artists will increase very much, if at all. B) If anything, it would be even harder to find a favorable art style in a request-thread style subforum and for one basic reason: You're looking for offers. let's say you put out a request for a traditional drawing of your pokesona. Well, there are lots of different artists who could do traditional drawing, each with a different style, but how many are going to offer? You're going to get a few offers at most (unless you're offering some crazy payment) and that's going to greatly decrease your ability to find a style you like. c) this makes sense, but I think the fact that art takes time while item trades can be done practically instantly changes things. Because art is made and isn't already stocked up on like items, it means any person who does have a shop (with orders in it) might have trouble finding time to work on request-thread orders amogst their shop ones, especially if the request-thread has a deadline or something similar. Of course, I expect any person who manages their time well and can get art done efficiently won't have a problem with this, but it's something to keep in mind.
I get why you don't support, but I'm going to say something to some of your points. A) I know a lot of artist on many other sites who don't have art shops not because they don't want to draw from themselves, or because they don't have the time, but they don't want an art shop. They want to do art when they wanted, without the stress of having to turn down orders or say no to people who wanted something for free, or who didn't read their do's and don't. Also like some people have pointed out here, not everyone has the confidence to say "Here's my art buy it" but those people want the chance to do art as well. B) On every other site that calls for art, I've never had a problem finding art I want by making a request thread, and I've even found some of my favorite pieces that way. And even though you say you'd only get a few offers, that might be more than I could find browsing the art shops. Again making a request could find me people who are not even in the art shops. C) Yes art takes time, but I have to wait if I find a open shop to request in. There is not a big difference in me waiting for a piece to get done either way. Also sure the people with shops and or full commission lists might not be looking to do art, but what about the other artist, people like eggy (only bringing them up because that's what they posted a few posts before) who want to test the waters before making a shop, or people who just hate the idea of making a shop (like a lot of people are against making trade shops for their items and mons).
--- Trade Shop Custom Skin Shop Looking Gem Hunters --- Remember my dear children, the best brains are the ones that are warm and full of smarts. --- Collecting:
1 / 1000
48 / 300
92 / 500
0 / 500
81 / 1000
0 / 1000
120 / 500
Credit
---
1ChristineM's Avatar1ChristineM
I support this because it will help out when you are in need of a specific thing relating to art and not items. I believe this will make things easier on players and artists.
Boxes Just Because × 2/150
113/5000
Terubii's AvatarTerubii
I think this would be a great addition to the Art Forums! To let the more non-shop artists participate. On Flight Rising, I don't have an art shop, mainly because I don't think I can draw the things that a lot of people in the existing threads are asking for, but I do frequently check the art request threads because it's easier for me to find users that are looking for the kind of art that I can do with confidence. And usually the users that post there are users that can't find the right shop for them to order from. Or they are looking for something specific that quite a lot of shops can't offer (e.g the trend of offering head shots, busts, fully body- but what if what you wanted wasn't a character but of scenery/landscape design/ a bedroom) So posting in a request thread is much faster for both parties. It's a filter, and it's to find the right match! Ive seen a few people here put 'Looking for art' in their trainer cards, about mes or signature, and may link to a post dedicated to the specifics of what art they want and what they can pay for it in their journals. And that method works too.
art thread dAtumblr avatar by zan*
i might have edited it a little bit
sig by frost sig art & pixel (c) me "Be our guest~!"
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
I've been thinking about this, and reading some of the other posts and I've decided that this is a pretty good idea, so I'll add my support :)
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
cloudtail's Avatarcloudtail
I somewhat support this. It would definitely be helpful in the case of someone wants a complex/specific art piece done, then the artist may know whether or not they can draw it and either accept or move on. It would also prevent clutter in the other art and pokemon art forums. Though it's likely the requestor won't get ask many artists as they want in their thread. Since shop owner's likely won't have time for outside requests. And it's usually easier for artists to have commissioners come to them, not everyone is super confident in their work and may not feel comfortable asking a pickier person. I also worry about art not being compensated decently, since in a shop were the artist sets the prices then you know that price is what they're comfortable with. I've seen a lot of temporary threads where the artist says 'name your price' and they get low balled. It's a pet peeve, and therefore I'm biased, but underpaying is an insult to the artist. Seeing the large amount ridiculous trade requests put out in the trade forums makes me think people will say their budget is a shiny Magikarp or 20 GP. While it's the artist who chooses to accept or not, it's still, in a way, telling the artist their art is worth little. But that's just my two cents. I think if the sub forum is made it should have a stickied thread about paying appropriately but im probably over thinking it. :/
i dont play anymore avatar art by me!
I give my full support! It would make it easy for non-shop artists, and for shop artists who aren't doing so well. It is much easier than going through all the shop threads to find a shop that will do what you want.

QUOTE originally posted by Kättibei

I also worry about art not being compensated decently, since in a shop were the artist sets the prices then you know that price is what they're comfortable with. I've seen a lot of temporary threads where the artist says 'name your price' and they get low balled. It's a pet peeve, and therefore I'm biased, but underpaying is an insult to the artist. I think if the sub forum is made it should have a stickied thread about paying appropriately but im probably over thinking it. :/
I hate it when people try low-balling artists with a deep passion, but I think the only thing that can be done about this is for the artist to know what their work is worth. Regarding a sticky about pricing, I think it would only work as a suggestion to people. Needless to say, people who are intentionally trying to rip artists off will not pay attention to it.
Avatar drawn by me Art shop here!
I give my support to this. I don't have much to say about it since I don't really request art, but reading through the posts, it would be nice to separate the requests threads from the art threads, especially since some people just want to share their art instead of selling it.
Current Fighting Gem Hunt Progress:
Fighting Gem 334/1000
Check out my journal if you want. And buy stuff at my shop so I can have a bowl of ramen! Image edit by myself. Image base from Pokémon Shuffle.
Cepheus's AvatarCepheus
This would actually be fantastic to see here! I've been wanting to commission art was curious as to where I would even post such a thing that it wouldn't be looked over.
He/Him • Easily Distracted user? PM me for a free shiny Pichu F2U ICONSFREE DEX TRADES
credit
Icon by Cepheus (me) Background Made by HugaPug from Furry Amino (character mine) Shop Button by Me, edit to official Shroomish by Me F2U code by Gumshoe
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Hey there folks, first off ill apologize for any spelling mistakes here as I'm on my phone. With that out of the way, welp here we go. I'm curious on why this is needed truth be told. PFQ isn't exactly based on selling/buying of art. In fact the reason the art forum is there is simply because it's a nice addition, but it is in no right the central focus of our forums. If we added this subsection in we would need to add a grand total of three more subs. From pokemon art, to other art and finally mature. That to me seems like over kill. I didn't like the idea to add more subforums for RPs and I'm tentative about this as well - and I do love RP. I do look for art. When I'm searching for it I make a thread in the respected area and then advertise. It works that way. I don't know, I'm not for something that isnt exactly needed. I'm rather against oversaturation of subforums for something I personally see no use for - as it's more than douable to find artists to do comissions. But others might of course! I personally think a subsection like this wouldn't see much traffic if added. PS before someone uses the fanfictions and RP subsections as an example, I'd like to remind you that those were necessary due to the age restrictions. We can't have 15+ content viewable to the younglings, hence the extra subsection for 15+.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page