PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Art Forum Addition - Request sub-forum

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Silver's AvatarSilver
Suggestion Title: Art Forum Addition - Request sub-forum Suggestion Summary: The addition of a Request section in the "Pokemon Art", "Other art", and "Mature Art" Sections of the fourms. The reasoning behind this suggestion is in the short and sweet version "A way for people looking to get art, to put their requests out there for artist to find" Now I know that someone is bound to say "We have art shops for a reason", but I'm going to rebuttal that with these points. A) Not all artist have or want an Art Shop. B) With the diverse art styles here, it can often be hard to find the art style you are looking for. C) If I can make a trade thread looking for a certain item, why can't I make a thread looking for certain art? Positive points: It gives users a way to put on display one too many different pieces they need/want to be drawn in one place. It could help artists who want a shop get reference pieces. It gives those users who don't have shops a chance to pick up commissions from more than word of mouth/about me/ signatures. Negative points: After asking some people, I don't really know of a negative point. But as they come up in discussion I will add them. Reason For Consideration: It gives users and artists another form of connection.
--- Trade Shop Custom Skin Shop Looking Gem Hunters --- Remember my dear children, the best brains are the ones that are warm and full of smarts. --- Collecting:
1 / 1000
48 / 300
92 / 500
0 / 500
81 / 1000
0 / 1000
120 / 500
Credit
---
Kodiyak's AvatarKodiyak
I support this! It would be very helpful and prevent clutter in the Parent Forum for LF: Reference/Art threads, if people start doing that.
Randomgal9050's AvatarRandomgal9050
This would certainly help a lot. I know for a while i'd been having trouble finding a shop for avatars (so many sprites ono) To be able to request specifically avatars, or sprites, banners, templates, ect* withought having to go through a bunch of shops would help (sometimes not finding what you want either, which is a pain) Like you had said, we're able to request items. Why not art? Fully support ^~^
Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
Support, there's already an influx of threads asking for art and they are mixed with shops and the regular art forums so they can easily be missed. It'd be easier to have them grouped together
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
I support this simply because I might finally have a place to request a piece of art or two. I held contests before to get art, but there's a very drastic range of styles and ability that I wouldn't have to deal with if I had a request for an image to be made the way I want.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Emberlynn's AvatarEmberlynn
A big resounding yes for me. I'd love to get more art from the PF user base but with someone who only has human oc's and is a little picky it's hard. I'd love to be able to make a constantly running request thread so people who are interested in drawing my OCs can offer rather than having to go through shops hoping one is interested in drawing for me. Tldr: big yes, it'll save time for those just looking to buy art rather than having to search.
"There's not a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis | Avatar credits | ©
signature by emberlynn; official 1D fragrance commercial gifs
Eggy's AvatarEggy
Support! While I find myself asking for art basically never, a sub-forum where people can request art would help me to look for people whose art requests I can certainly do (and eventually be paid for it :)). I'd open up a shop but I don't feel quite ready yet, and I definitely want to get the hang of doing art for others first (which I'm doing as an official artist on another site for several months now) before opening a shop.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
I totally support! For two months I have been trying to find an artist making what I want, but it's impossible and thus I have been forced to look on other sites... which is kinda annoying. A lot of work to get some art... a art request forum or sub-forum would be awesome!

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: Item "Wishing Stone" not found on line 6

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

[center][size=7]Avatar is made by BananaLizard. Shop banner made by Sunshine Lady. >>>> [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/171400/Keira-s-Little-Hideout-U-C/post/3800133]My Journal[/url] <<<<[/size] [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/63336/Keira-s-Little-Corner-open][img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/Keira_Lorelei/Art/IMG_1485.JPG[/img][/url] [progress="[inventory=Wishing Stone]/1000"][inventory=Wishing Stone]/1000 [item=Wishing Stone][/progress] [style].expbar { display: inline-block; width: 40%; margin: 0 1em; background: white; border: 1px solid purple; &>div { background: #F7B3DA; border-right: 1px solid purple; } &>span { font-size: 10px; font-weight: 400; color: purple; } }[/style] [progress="[inventory=Water gem]/3200"][inventory=Water gem]/3200 [item=Water gem][/progress] [style].expbar { display: inline-block; width: 40%; margin: 0 1em; background: white; border: 1px solid purple; &>div { background: #F7B3DA; border-right: 1px solid purple; } &>span { font-size: 10px; font-weight: 400; color: purple; } }[/style] [/center]
IcY's AvatarIcY
I support ill be looking for more art soon and its always a hassle! Wonderful idea.
Banner by masochisms Banner by masochisms
Morzone's AvatarMorzone

QUOTE originally posted by Silver

Now I know that someone is bound to say "We have art shops for a reason", but I'm going to rebuttal that with these points. A) Not all artist have or want an Art Shop. B) With the diverse art styles here, it can often be hard to find the art style you are looking for. C) If I can make a trade thread looking for a certain item, why can't I make a thread looking for certain art?
I'm kinda inbetween on this. I agree there are good number of positive points, but I think some negative points are being overlooked. A) If an artist doesn't want to have an art shop, it's probably because one of two reasons: they just want to draw for themselves or because they don't have the time to keep up with it. If they just want to draw for themselves, why would they bother going through a subforum dedicated to drawing for others? And if they don't have time to draw for a shop, why would they have time to draw in a request thread? I doubt the number of available artists will increase very much. B) If anything, it would be even harder to find a favorable art style in a request-thread style subforum and for one basic reason: You're looking for offers. let's say you put out a request for a traditional drawing of your pokesona. Well, there are lots of different artists who could do traditional drawing, each with a different style, but how many are going to offer? You're going to get a few offers at most (unless you're offering some crazy payment) and that's going to greatly decrease your ability to find a style you like. c) this makes sense, but I think the fact that art takes time while item trades can be done practically instantly changes things. Because art is made and isn't already stocked up on like items, it means any person who does have a shop (with orders in it) might have trouble finding time to work on request-thread orders amogst their shop ones, especially if the request-thread has a deadline or something similar. Of course, I expect any person who manages their time well and can get art done efficiently won't have a problem with this, but it's something to keep in mind. Feel free to prove me wrong, like I said I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea, I'm just not sure the negative points are being thought through all the way.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page