PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Translate PFQ into spanish language

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

skîmpyLîar's AvatarskîmpyLîar
please read everything before mentioning this thread Suggestion Title: Translating PFQ in another language, creating a whole new community. Suggestion Summary: Build a new hispanic community, with all the main things of the game (such as the lab, shelter or daycare) translated into spanish. Excepting (of coursly) the forums or, more directly, the community per se (like about me's, signatures or anything that would suggest personal information). Why spanish? Why not chinese? Or french? Actually, spanish is one of the most spoken languages in the world, counting with about 590 millions persons who know this language. Yeah, I know that other languages are highly spoken in this world, but, as a latin, I can say we are really active in network games (like transformice, osu! or league of leguends), and, right now there is a little percentage of native spanish-speakers who play this game, that number can increment if we translate the page. So... How to do it? There is a really simple answer for this: Communities. In that way, we would somewhat split PFQ in two parts, one for spanish speakers (latins, european or anyone who can speak that language) and one for english-speakers (basically, this, without changes at all). Yeah, you read well, this page per se would not change at all. That means there will be a really easy to change between pages (somewhat like two flags above?). This thing would let us freely move among them (without creating another account or something like that). This means the spanish community would have his own users with their own eggs, Pokés, and everything, basically this but with latins and spanish people running around. Then, if a person is tired of his community (american or not), he/she/they/xe/ just could click a flag and make everything he/she/they/xe wants, keeping there just for mass click some latins/gringos or for an unlimited time. Do you meet atelier 801 forums? Well, that way. Positive points: In the best situation, this could bend the poblation of Pokéfarm users. Negative points: The reason this thing is among rejected suggestions is this:

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

Translating PFQ in other languages

This would require too much manpower, and Google Translate is your friend.
Actually, roughly speaking, there are looots of more letters in forums and user's personal things than in the game per se, actually, if you ask for me to translate everything in PFQ I could do it for free since I want this game to rise, and, thankfully, most of the pages of Pokédex are officialy translated into spanish. And the rest? Well, google translate is my friend. Of coursly, the spanish-speakers would need a staff team, and I think that's the real negative point. I really hope there are some staff members who know how to speak spanish, and therefore, if the idea results, we can do (maybe) other moderator applications. Reason For Consideration: As things are going, Pokéfarm it's running (in my opinion) amazingly good, recently we did a wonderful work in 12 days of christmas event, making such a number of global interactions in the last day. This game have potential, and we can make grow up even more if we want to. The real question here is, what is the reason for not to do it? No, it's not a rethoric question, I want you to answer that, feedback is always appreciated. By the way, sorry if I got wrong writing something here, I didn't mastered my english and I'm doing my best effort in this thread, anyways, before you complain about that, I can understand english very well, the real problem is redact something. xD Thank you for reading.
art by temporal. avatar by aleator.
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
I have a negative point that I think you should consider: Why just the Spanish language? There are other languages in the world you know. It seems unfair to just be spanish. Why focus on specifically that? There are other lanagues in the world so wouldn't it be fair for PF to consider that as well.
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
Translating the entire website would be a severe undertaking that we cannot consider. The project is simply too large for that to be a feasible thing to do.
skîmpyLîar's AvatarskîmpyLîar
@RowlingCat I agree with you, the original idea was "translate pfq into another languages" but then the "too much manpower" thought came into my mind, though I would be really happy if that happens... @Garthic And... Why? This thing might not be done today, not tomorrow, even not in this month or year. We (the users, since the staff sems to be really busy, and I completely understand it, you are doing such a wonderful work here) or, rather, I have plenty of time to this. Pfq hasn't that much of words, do you know? And, as the thread says, I'm not planning to translate the entire website (that would be such a mess .-.). Man, we have to note that this site has to rise even more, (80,000+ users is good, but can be better). This thing is not imposssible and the only reason that stopp us is... ourselves. I was hoping this to have more comments and not going to "rejected" that fast, but as I see, it's not possible to you even consider the idea. Anyways, thanks for taking your time.
The idea was considered - we can't do it at this time. It doesn't mean we can't reconsider in the future when our time is less of an issue. We've reconsidered many things in the past. Seeing as this is the attitude you're going to take, I think it's safe to say the conversation is over here. Making assumptions that we're not even considering something just because it was denied? Wow.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'd just like to add a little detail on why it's impractical. When big games and websites like the ones you may be used to are translated into different languages, it takes a lot of time and effort to do, that's true. But it also means that things need to be finalised. There's no point sending things off for translation only to have them change a few days later. PFQ is still in active, ongoing development with extremely short update cycles. Adjustments are made very often, sometimes every day or even several times a day. Translations just can't keep up with that. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the site will remain in English for the forseeable future.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page