PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Possible Ultra Beast Obtaining Method???

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

@cursedarsiel i think the beast ball should be the ultra beasts summon item
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
So the minigame would only be played once? ... In my head, that's like saying the summon popup would only happen once then never show up again :/ Also, repeating what Mystera said, Niet hasn't even proven that he can code something like this. If he somhow decided to implement this and made the minigames, then wouldn't it be a waste to only play them once over each, per user? They're meant to be short and sweet. It shouldn't be long enough to be a bother. But if they were only played once, then the minigames would, in a sense, be almost wasted? I'll assume with what we've been shown that it might be a challenge. If it were to be difficult, then it would be more work than reward. @LILLE22 Yeah, it probably would be. I'll edit the first post.
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
El-ahrairah's AvatarEl-ahrairah

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

I'm gonna have to say no, for a few reasons. First, I don't care for mini-games, and I doubt I'm the only one. Forcing someone to have to play a mini-game to finish the dex is, honestly, worse than making someone have to collect a bunch of rare items. Yes, I know I could easily trade for them, but what if I decided I wanted a shiny version? I'd have no choice but to collect a bunch of Beast Balls and play a mini-game that I wont enjoy at all. Secondly, what if the UB's were to be added next week? Or the week after?
This is just an example time.
That's not a very long time for Niet to make a mini-game. Sure, some people can easily make a much larger game in only a few days, but we're talking about 7 mini-games that would need to be done in a short period of time. And that's 7 games Niet would have to hope will work correctly with little time to actually test them. Finally, the UB's are pokemon, same as any other. The difference? They come from a different world. That's really the only difference. They come from a different world, which is why pokeballs of any kind don't work very well on them. They are, theoretically, the "legends" of whatever universe they come from. So why should they not have eggs? Because they don't come from the same universe as all other mons?
You already need to complete the tournaments to get the fakemon egg dexes, or spend an absurd amount of currency to buy tokens for them. I hate that, but it's still a fact of the game.
Zen's AvatarZen

QUOTE originally posted by El-ahrairah

You already need to complete the tournaments to get the fakemon egg dexes, or spend an absurd amount of currency to buy tokens for them. I hate that, but it's still a fact of the game.
Tournaments are different from mini-games though. You can participate in the ones you know you can do or even buy the tokens. You are not forced to participate in a tourney though. Using a mini-game as the only way to obtain something, however, is forcing someone to do something they don't want to do. If it was an item, it would be different. An item you can trade to others, but you can't trade eggs.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
@ Zen Might I just point out that because you don't like minigames does not mean that absolutely no one likes minigames? The way you're phrasing it there makes it sound like there were many people in question that completely object to minigames of any kind. It was already announced in the New Years announcement that minigames at least for Milotic and Sylveon are planned, anyways. As a site with approximately 80k users (More or less) you can't account for all of them and say that you're forcing users to do something they don't want to do. For all we know, maybe the amount of users looking forward to the minigames is by far a majority. Maybe it isn't. We can't account for everyone. Now, I know that there will be others that don't like minigames, but it most certainly won't make up the whole userbase. The odds of everyone disliking any minigames that ever might exist is just too small. I apologize if that came off as rude :/ And if you don't mind me asking, what's so bad about minigames anyways?
Zen's AvatarZen
I didn't say everyone, I just said some people. And Milotic and Sylveon are tradable, so it wouldn't be hard to get their dexes. :p As for why I don't like mini-games? Eh... not really sure. I just can't find most of them fun at all, and if I do I don't find them fun for long.
skîmpyLîar's AvatarskîmpyLîar
Man, there is a lot of things that I don't like to do in the original games of Pokémon (like, running like an idiot in tall grass for catching rare Pokémon...). But they are things that you do because you want. Obviously you are not forced at all to finish the Pokédex for getting a... pretty simple diploma. That's something that happens here too, you are not forced to reach the Arceus Rank, but if you are crazy enough to spend hours, days, or even years doing it, then go on! I personally like the idea of mini-games, I think it would be quite good for changing the things around and make it more dynamic than send a Pokémon to a mission, wait 1 hour and wait for it to have a box, wich lends to wait for it to have a summon too. I think this is a good idea, and I definitely support it!
art by temporal. avatar by aleator.
xxEchø's AvatarxxEchø
Having to play a minigame everytime I want to summon an Ultra Beast? No thank you. Even for someone who enjoys the concept of mini games, that would get very old very fast, especially if you did wish to get a shiny/albino/melanistic of these. "Running around like an idiot in tall grass" is how you have to catch pretty well every Pokemon, so it doesn't provide a good comparison - we do not have to play mini-games to get the EggDex of every Pokemon on site. Besides the basic premise of "get eggs, click, hatch eggs", nothing on the site is really forced. Shiny hunting is optional, scour missions are optional, berry fields are optional. You can complete the Pokedex without having to touch any of it, since everything extra these things provide can be traded for. Tournament tokens, forme-change items, boxes, summons - these all are items you can physically trade. Eggs, on the other hand? Can't be traded. If you wanted to complete your Pokedex (which is, technically, the ultimate goal of PFQ), you would have to play these minigames. If you played a minigame in order to get the summon items for the Ultra Beasts, I would be more likely to support, as these are items that can be trade. However, I disagree with forcing everyone to play minigames to complete their dex.
Avatar made by Direbolt - permission
skîmpyLîar's AvatarskîmpyLîar
And that's why the author proposed this:

QUOTE originally posted by CursedAsriel

So the minigame would only be played once? ... In my head, that's like saying the summon popup would only happen once then never show up again :/
However, I like the idea of playing the minigame (but, please, just once) for getting the summons, that would lend to obtaining the desired egg too. Anyways... The reason I used that comparison is because running around like an idiot requires patience, just like here. You need to have the patience of reloading the lab, shelter or the trades forum if you want all the eggs/Pokémon, wich, in my opinion, tends to be repetitive, but nobody forces me to do it. And, little by little, it becomes fun. And you can get good rewards. We have to remember the minigames are things that will be added, so, using this like a way to take advantage of it it's a good thing. But, of coursly, going on with your idea of making it not totally necessary it's perfect.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page