PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Possible Ultra Beast Obtaining Method???

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
Could contain Sun/Moon spoilers. Proceed at your own risk. I know it's most likely already been planned about how the Ultra Beasts would be implemented, but I had a neat little idea of an alternate method it could also happen. Since the Ultra Beasts are rather hard to obtain- they are postgame missions after all (you have to beat the whole game), and since Minigames were mentioned in the recent post-12DoC announcement, the Ultra Beats could possibly each have their own minigame to obtain them, which would go some way like this: The UB mission starts, and there's a varying short game you have to play to get the UB to a capture-able status (will elaborate later) and then use a Beast Ball on it to capture. The missions themselves would be related to the UB, for example catching Xurkitree with some electric-themed mission. - The Beast Balls could essentially be the same as another summon item, just being used to start the minigame instead of to obtain an egg. And for the main issue, shiny-locking. We've all seen the chance to get a shiny legendary bring you your legend egg- What if, instead of that chance having no effect on the egg, that was essentially how you obtained shiny UBs? So in order to shiny-hunt them you would have to obtain a bunch of Beast Balls and try your luck, as with most other hunts essentially. - Each mission would be replayable for as many beast Balls as you own, but if you run out the missions would become 'locked' again- Not exactly completely inaccessible, just a pop-up or text instead of a start button stating that you don't have the required Beast Ball to enter the mission. Once you have obtained an UB, it could either be sent to your Party (if you have avaliable space) or a pop-up would appear stating that your Party was full and that the UB was sent to either a new collection area on the UB Minigames page or the collection area in your Trade Centre. Some possible ideas for the missions themselves: - Kartana: Possibly something akin to Fruit Ninja (If you haven't heard of it, it's a mobile game with fruits that come up from the bottom of the screen and you have to slice them all up), but once you slice a certain number of things Kartana lets you capture it with your Beast Ball. Otherwise some other short game involving slicing things (I don't think making a game this style would be copyright breaching; I've seen dozens of similar games on the App Store as well. And I'm also not sure yet what the 'things' would be). - Nihilego: Could be a puzzle possibly, sort of playing on the idea that before the games' official release Nihilego was rumored to be based off of the homunculus, or an artifical life form in ancient alchemic studies, and you're creating a picture with the puzzle?? Yeah I'll get back to this one. More ideas to come as I think of good ones. In summary, short and sweet minigames and a new item could be implemented to 'catch' and obtain the UBs. Edit: Lowered rarity of Beast Balls, added a Shiny method. .
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Initial reaction: Oh god no. There are seven different UBs. You're suggesting that we have to find 7 of an uber-rare item to finish the dex. You also make it sound like there will be no egg for UBs. Which would make shiny-hunting them absurdly difficult. Currently the albino radar only works on eggs, never prehatched Pokemon like Sylveon/Milotic and fossil 'mons. Personally I don't feel like we need to be wasting Niet's time with random flash games when he hasn't even shown that he knows how to do those. I'd rather see the dungeon and just make UBs summonable.
Venefica's AvatarVenefica
Hmm... Innovative, but no. I do 't want UBs to be shiny locked here as well. So as long as there is no changes and they are obtained as a hatched mon withour being able to be hunted... Nope
Looking back on this, the minigames could be simplified for easier implememntation. Ans there's the issue of shiny-locking. Much research will have to be done, ideas to be pondered. I didn't think of shinies for them, thank you both for bringing that to my attention.
Zen's AvatarZen
I'm gonna have to say no, for a few reasons. First, I don't care for mini-games, and I doubt I'm the only one. Forcing someone to have to play a mini-game to finish the dex is, honestly, worse than making someone have to collect a bunch of rare items. Yes, I know I could easily trade for them, but what if I decided I wanted a shiny version? I'd have no choice but to collect a bunch of Beast Balls and play a mini-game that I wont enjoy at all. Secondly, what if the UB's were to be added next week? Or the week after?
This is just an example time.
That's not a very long time for Niet to make a mini-game. Sure, some people can easily make a much larger game in only a few days, but we're talking about 7 mini-games that would need to be done in a short period of time. And that's 7 games Niet would have to hope will work correctly with little time to actually test them. Finally, the UB's are pokemon, same as any other. The difference? They come from a different world. That's really the only difference. They come from a different world, which is why pokeballs of any kind don't work very well on them. They are, theoretically, the "legends" of whatever universe they come from. So why should they not have eggs? Because they don't come from the same universe as all other mons?
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Something that just occurred to me, Pokeballs don't necessarily exist in PFQ. The only one we've seen is the GS Ball, which isn't used to capture anything, you basically just trade it to a Celebi for an egg. If anything, I'd think it'd make more sense for them to have eggs, as the newborns from the eggs might be better adapted to Earth conditions.
... it would, actually. What if the Beast Balls were just like the GS Ball, not actually functioning as Pokeballs but as a proper Summon and triggering the minigame, but instead of a Pokemon you recieve an Egg? It would be easier to hunt and maybe the EXP could be lowered (~20k instead of ~30k) to make up for the players that really don't want the minigame to complete their dex? So basically a Legendary from another dimension with a minigame. Sounds nice.
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
Semi support I like the idea however I feel this should unlock the summon item when you get to the part where you would capture the Ultra beast.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
Can you elaborate more on that? I'm not sure I understand. How would you be in the minigame if you hadn't yet unlocked the summon? And what part? Pokefarm doesn't really have that much of a solid storyline, if that's what you mean.
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail

QUOTE originally posted by CursedAsriel

Can you elaborate more on that? I'm not sure I understand. How would you be in the minigame if you hadn't yet unlocked the summon? And what part? Pokefarm doesn't really have that much of a solid storyline, if that's what you mean.
Let me clear up what I said. I meant that first you get the beast balls. After that you can play the minigame. If you beat the minigame to the point where you would get the ultra beast, you would unlock the summon for the Ultra beast instead of having to get another beast ball and replaying the mingame in order to get another of the same kind of Ultra beast.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page