PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

12DoC end / New Year!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 91011

With the ending of the 12DoC, we would formally like to say to all of you...

Happy New Year!

And what a year it's been. An entire overhaul of the website... It's been difficult - but it's also been completely worth it! From scrapping some old features to completely re-imagining them or just thinking of entirely new ways to do the things we used to do. Don't get me wrong though, we know we aren't done yet! And celebrate as we might... We still have a long way to go before we're completely happy with what we've done. In the coming year, you can expect the same kind of consistent updates that we've had this year. The Changelog will be updated constantly as we get things done. User feedback, as always, is appreciated - we will always be doing our best to better ourselves. Be that in understanding things or just creating events that are fun and generally entertaining!
We, the staff, would like to take this opportunity to give little glimpses of what we have planned for the coming year. • It'll take some time, but we are looking forward to the idea of creating and adding mini-games, this will lead to the non-filler ways of getting Sylveon and Milotic... At long last, of course. (we're aware. We know! I'm sorry! We're sorry!) • After having removed the Dojo from the "Recode" due to it being completely re-imagined (and therefore not just re-doing the same thing and just coding it better) - that's another thing that we're planning on re-introducing in the near-future. • Keeping in line with the previous bullet point - we're also very excited about the idea of 'Dungeons'. That should be done this year, all being well - it's a larger project than we initially realised, truth be told. We were (and still are) very ambitious with this project but we want to see it through. On top of this we are constantly finding new things to do, new ideas to test out and, of course, suggestions from our userbase are always welcome, too.
The Twelve Days of Christmas (12DoC) event that we just ran was a resounding success. Moreso than we anticipated. Remember that event that Niet attempted to make to encourage people to click for the custom sprite? The one that he basically stated he failed to a good job with...? Here's why! Look at the numbers that were achieved through the 12DoC event -
  1. Day 1: 9.4M
  2. Day 2: 9.9M
  3. Day 3: 10.1M
  4. Day 4: 10.9M
  5. Day 5: 11.6M
  6. Day 6: 14.5M
  7. Day 7: 11.8M
  8. Day 8: 13.6M
  9. Day 9: 23.3M
  10. Day 10: 27.2M
  11. Day 11: 35.5M
  12. Day 12: 56.5M
If we wanted a stress test? Well, we got it! :P As a thank you to all of you for participating, no matter how much - or how little - we are going to be activating the Niet and Garth counters again, for today. x2 and +4, respectively. It may not seem much, but they were already active yesterday and there's also the lovely GP and shelter adoptions counters active as well. All because of your (the community's) perserverance! Well done everyone! :D Additionally, while you were all clicking away... Niet was working. As is the norm... :P With the information that a higher server load has been able to provide us, we were able to pinpoint some problem areas that could be handled better by the server. What am I saying here? Well... Long story short, the website, through the duration of this event, has become approximately 20% faster. Hooray for efficiency! With any luck, this - aside from being an event - will help people to understand the reason why these kind of stress tests are important. The only way we can truly improve is to push boundaries and see which thread of our string breaks first - and then make that thread stronger! #Metaphors For example... The stats calculation is done hourly. Starting at xx:33. Collecting the data wasn't a problem. That was already optimal... The issue was saving that data and updating the stats page itself. This took about one minute and practically crashed our website in the process... Now it takes less than a second. Or if we want to get even more specific... It takes less than 0.005 seconds. Which... You know. It's no big deal - nah, nah... Not at all! It's only... You know. 12,000x faster. No big deal. No big whoop. Naaaah, not remotely impressive... ( Note the heavy hint of sarcasm! :P ) We appreciate your patience during the laggier points of this event, however. We do understand the irritance that can be caused from unpredictable delays. This is the reason why we're so happy to have fixed (what was) a major bottle-neck! :D
All in all... We, finally, would like to extend our sincere thank you's to everyone on our website. You are the reason that we do what we do. The community is the reason that we have been able to stick this out - there have been some times where we have questioned what we're doing, but ultimately the support and general positive energy that our community harbours is what has helped us through any difficult times that we've had. Thank you for sticking this out with us. Thank you for your patience. You have been a wonderful community to cater to and we look forward to catering to you for another fantastic year! <3 (Huzzah~) Much love, The staff~
Tamazarashi's AvatarTamazarashi
champion.png
Ouch. I completed the goal but was exactly 2 seconds too late to claiming the prize. No premium box for me. :'(
Really enjoyed this event, can't wait to see what you do for this years big events :3
Achillo's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAchillo
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Ooooh, Garth, you made me tear up a little. This year has certainly been something else! I've seen a lot of personal growth in the community, and that's something to marvel at. I've made lots of awesome friends, meet lots of awesome people and got to watch people work together for something big. So I'd like to thank you guys, the staff, for all the hard work you've put in. Without you guys, the site wouldn't be where it is now! <3 So let's hope for another good here on PokeFarm!

Achi | She/they | 18+

Just a rat demon that enjoys Pokemon.
Shop JournalLinkcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon by me. Signature Pagedoll @Name on Platform
Type Race Score; ghost.png 0
DSSOfficial's AvatarDSSOfficial
ultra.pnge.png
It was a lot of fun~ I almost got the last goal. 40% left but that fine~ But also, thanks so much for all the hard work~ It was fun and worth it to see how the site developed lately~ :)
↓↓↓ Sprite From ↓↓↓ Here~ I had it commisioned
I have a shop here: Dragon's Trade Shop And a journal here: Hatchling Journal Thanks to Skelly Jelly for help with the formatting for the sprite source! :)
SilverGible's AvatarSilverGible
ultra.pngd+.png
Dang, this was fun! I'm so glad I completed every single event there was to do! <3
And AND AAND Thanks, Pokepop! Click meee .w.?
Esme's AvatarEsme
ultra.pngc.png
No. No. Just no. Thank you. for making all of this possible. Thank you for the year of fun you gave us.
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
Tasha100's AvatarTasha100
ace.pnge.png
Happy New Year
Rioluinrio's AvatarRioluinrio
ultra.pngd+.png
I had Horrable Lag and it dont help my New Phone is a Brick with a Screen. (Not being rude just trying to help Point stuff out) Also Happy New Year
JeWeLs's AvatarJeWeLs
champion.pnge+.png
Congrats to those that completed the 12 days, I was not able to finish today as my hubby ended up in hospital so I spent last evening and today with him, but to all who did, congrats and Happy New Year

Pages: 123··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page