PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Commenting on Pokemon Profiles

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Stardrops's AvatarStardrops
This isn't really a major suggestion, but I think commenting on Pokemon's profiles would be nice! When people dex trade their shinies/albinos/melans, others like to leave little comments in their about. So why not move that to a seperate section on the profile? People wouldn't even have to own the Pokemon to leave a comment, so I think it would be much more convenient. :o Or an alternative to this: profile comments? If just leaving comments on someone's profile instead of one of their Pokemon is easier, then maybe that would be better to bring to the game. Negative points: Having a commenting section on EVERY owned Pokemon might be too much? This could probably be a useless feature to people who aren't interested too.
Where there is user input, there is need for moderation. I fear this could be more trouble than it's worth.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Stardrops's AvatarStardrops
Maybe let users be able to delete comments? I can see what you mean though.
Lørentius's AvatarLørentius
If users were able to edit/delete comments, it could be subject to abuse. That's why you can't edit/delete sent PMs. Some users might not want profile comments or comment on their Pokémon. It could be an option that could be toggled, but what if someone spams?
Lore/Lorentius | They/them Avatar by feshnie on dA | 58881 Nanabs
Shazi's AvatarShazi
As someone who likes to keep certain pokemon's profiles "clean" I don't really like this suggestion. There are several Melans I have whose profiles I want to keep the additions to a minimal One such melan is this one which as you can see only has the bare minimum of entries in it's timeline. I can't imagine how flooded it would be from comments if this were to be added. as Padfoot said. this would also add one more thing for the mods to look out for inappropriate behaviour in. Could you imagine trying to go through every single one of summaries of Elta's mons? because that's the kind of thing that would be needed in order to locate such nonsense. For the profile comments section, I get enough PMs from people (most of which are very sweet and I appreciate them a lot) this seems like more trouble than it's worth as well. If you feel like you want to say something to a person, why not just toss them a PM? If the person doesn't like random PMs chances are they aren't going to want random profile comments either. Its a cute idea but I don't think it would work in the context of PFQ
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
ToshiroHex's AvatarToshiroHex
I would support, but this could lead to extreme fire and many people getting in trouble, and I personally wouldn't want to know what people think of my Pokemon. This could, however, possibly work if there was a way to lock the comments section so that nobody can post in it like how you can lock a forum. But still, no support because if you want people to post comments, just make a forum thread about it.
Avatar is by ChrisCrossed for my use only ]A time for magic (my RP) Please join, i am one of 5 people participating, I would like it if it were turned from 5 to ten
Mystera's AvatarMystera
It would have to default to being locked, or else people would definitely go into the fields of hoarders, pick a random Pokemon, and write on it. I almost never actually check the summaries of my fox collection, so I would never know. I'd also be concerned that people would harrass others through this. If someone was ignoring their PMs, they'd start spamming all of that user's Pokemon. And some people would be sure to leave nasty, jealous comments on shinies/albinos/melans. And then there are people who would start having conversations on a Pokemon's summary, which is what PMs are for.
Kang's AvatarKang
No support for reasons already stated. It's a nice little idea, but would cause many an issue in the long run. Even if you'd be able to lock the comment sections of each pokemon and your profile. Cause there's people, like me, with a large amount of pokemon (visible or not.) and it would take up a bit of time to lock all pokemon comment sections or some of them. Plus I for one wouldn't want to sit here and lock all my pokemon. I'd rather hide all my fields so people don't spam me with comments on my pokemon. Would make things easier. I kind of feel this wouldn't be worth it at the end of the day. For the comment section on ones profile - well that would cause issues as well. Cause I for one don't want to get hundreds of random comments. I'd rather users PM me. So that way each conversation is in it's own place and I can respond when I can without having to look/scroll through a wall of other comments from other users. If that makes sense. So with this feature it would also cause more trouble than it's worth.
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
Firalight's AvatarFiralight
No support. This would make more issues with moderations of the comments. Plus, even the staff members would get off-track because their Pokemon would be FLOODED. Not to mention about 8,500 users (as of the participants of the AZ Floette results) could have up to MILLIONS of pokemon. And with those MILLIONS of Pokemon overall, there could be billions upon billions of messages on each one to carefully sift through to make sure there are no rule violations or unesscary comments.
Avatar made by me. Avid Deerling Enthusiast
TaviStars's AvatarTaviStars
No support, my pokemon are mine and I want full control over their profile/summary. I would not want to let other people comment on them when they can just PM me with that they want to say.
Signature Under Construction

🌟The Adventures of Tavi Stars 🌟
Dragonair is an offical Pokémon sprite, edited by me, TaviStars in 2020. Post and signature code by myself. Do not take, claim, or alter my art.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page