PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Search for a pokemon in your feild

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
Support This is useful when new mega stones come out and you try to find the pokemon it mega evolves. I leveled a shroomish up by five before finding my Beloom. This is also useful if you decide to start breeding a pokemon and need to look for one of the opposite gender as it is hard looking through fields to find the same kind, even with align to grid as my eyes have looked past a pokemon I was looking for without realizing it before.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
Stowaway's AvatarStowaway
This has been rejected before, due to the instense strain it would put on Sally. Computers are not the smartest things ever, and unlike a human, Sally would have to check every pokemon on the site to see if it belongs to you, and then use that pool to find the pokemon that you're looking for, possibly returning hundreds or thousand results. If you're having a problem finding a pokemon, and you're having this problem a lot, then, well, sort your fields.
I have pokemon to give and sell. Check my fields!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Stowaway

Computers are not the smartest things ever, and unlike a human, Sally would have to check every pokemon on the site to see if it belongs to you, and then use that pool to find the pokemon that you're looking for, possibly returning hundreds or thousand results.
I don't know where this idea came from, but Databases have a thing called Indexes, which are basically lookup tables for quickly accessing data. User ID is an index, species is an index. There's nothing wrong with finding the data, but presenting you with potentially hundreds or thousands of Pokémon is the problem. There's a reason Fields are capped to 40, you know?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Stowaway's AvatarStowaway
Thanks for the correction, Niet. I guess I misremembered that part of the explanation. I just remembered something about Sally having to make sure the pokemon was actually in your field and belonging to you before presenting that result, but obviously I'm not solid (or anything near, if I misremembered that badly) on how that works.
Angel Hope's AvatarAngel Hope
If I remember correctly, something like this was in the very first site and I have never used it. EVER. Minus the fact that it was rejected, I don't think I would ever use a search feature like that. It hurts the system from the fact there might be possibly millions of that certain pokemon you are trying to look for and create lag. I'm pretty sure, like a normal person, you would dislike that and complain about that. To me, it's not a bother at all to search through my fields. Also, BONUS fact, there is now a thing call the align to grid button in your fields. Before that button's existence, I saved nearly 99.9% of searching time through my fields. As long as you don't have as much fields as Eltafez does, I think searching through your fields manually wouldn't put a strain through your eyes. No support. EDIT: Nevertheless, you are a NEW member of the site. So I am positive you won't hurt your eyes and brain to go through your field. :)
  • Trades
  • Links
  • Credits
Check out MY SHOP AND SERVICES(including hunts)!! 🍵Trading CS pets and items for PFQ. SELLING EVERYTHING I HAVE FOR CURRENCIES!!!
Prf X's AvatarPrf X

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

but presenting you with potentially hundreds or thousands of Pokémon is the problem. There's a reason Fields are capped to 40, you know?
The output could say "Your Beloom are: 1 in 'Field 1' 5 in 'Field 4' 2 in 'Field 9' 1 in 'UFT' 9 Beloom in total"
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 07:17 PM
Score: 0
TR code credit
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Now try that with thousands. That's a long list right there.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Prf X's AvatarPrf X

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

Now try that with thousands. That's a long list right there.
Your list will only be 202 long
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Still wouldn't be useful in finding one Pokémon in particular though.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page