PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trading Threads and Shops Filter

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

venir's Avatarvenir
-This is my first time suggesting something, so please point out anything that I'm doing incorrectly...- Suggestion Title: Trading Threads and Shops Filter Suggestion Summary: So I was looking through the threads for breeding pairs today. To me, it was a mess, so I was thinking why not add a filter on to it? The filter can give you the option of threads UFT/LF items, pokemon, currency, breeding pairs, etc. I haven't explored all the forums yet, but this might be appliable to some other forum threads too? Positive Points: People can find things in threads easier. Negative Points: May be abused by users Reason For Consideration: Players can find what they need easily, spending less time surfing through the endless posts of what's unnecessary.
Please PM me regarding commissions, thanks!
By icymoon193 Avatar by venir It's not like I hoard adamant and brave natured pokemon or anything.
Mystera's AvatarMystera
How exactly would it work? The thread name? Scan the first post? Just about every forum shop is set up differently, with many of them splitting the various things they offer amongst multiple posts at the start. It would be too much of a strain on the system to scan an entire thread with dozens or even hundreds of pages.
Lørentius's AvatarLørentius
Most browsers already have a built-in search function, but I'm not sure how exactly such filtering would work. Every thread would have to be "tagged" as a specific category or two for it to work, I guess?
Lore/Lorentius | They/them Avatar by feshnie on dA | 58881 Nanabs
venir's Avatarvenir
Now that you mention it it might be a lot of work to get all the individual tabs and stuff... But yeah, I was thinking just tagging each tread?
Milesfire's AvatarMilesfire
It might be a while for everything to be tagged, and some trades ask for very specific items/Pokemon (I once saw one where it was asking for Pokemon with max IVs so they could breed the perfect Pokemon) and tagging those would be pretty... hard. Besides that tag would probably never be used again anyways. Besides, who would have the time to tag all that stuff?
Avatar is Apollo Justice from Ace Attorney. The art is official but I edited in the trans flag. Call me Miles, he/him. Previously known as ZeroTails and then CloveredZero and then CharaBerry -----
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Who would tag them anyway? There are tons of shops. If the individual owners do it, there's nothing to stop them from putting incorrect tags just to get people to look at their thread (someone would do it I'm sure) which would muck up the whole idea. And I don't think any of the mods really have time to go through all the threads figuring out which tags to give who.
venir's Avatarvenir
What if we tag the threads at the most basic level for example- tags can be UFT LF Currency >Credit >GP >ZC Pokemon >Normal >Shiny >Albino >Melanistic >Legndaries >Breeding Pairs Items >Account Upgrades >Evo Items (includes stones, items, and special items) >Forme changing items (I think plates can be included in here) >Summons >mega stone >Training bags >Incense >Consumables >Gems >Garden Items [such as berries and mulch] (highly doubt we need this but just in case...?) >Box >Treasure >Fossils Anything else worth thinking about?
For this to work, everything needs to be tagged correctly, and it needs to be updated constantly. Sure every thread might be tagged after a day from their creation, but that's still a day it's not tagged and not in the tagging system. I highly doubt the mods have time to tag every thread, and the creators themself... they might not tag correctly or not tag at all. And in my personal experience, briefly looking over the thread's title was enough for me to look for trades I want.
venir's Avatarvenir
Well, I was thinking that it's the users that tag the different tags. For example, if I were to set up a blue moon slugma selling thread- I can tag it with UFT, Pokemon, Variants
Again: For tags to work properly, everything has to be tagged and everything has to be tagged correctly. Some users might tag multiple, unrelated tags for their trade to get more exposer- some users might not tag anything, and others might accidentally tag the wrong thing. Someone has to check on the tags to see if they're, well, tagged correctly, for them to actually be effective, and I doubt the mods have enough time to look through tags along with whatever else they have to take care of at that time. This isn't a bad idea- it's just I don't see it becoming an effective way to search through trades for the reasons I stated above.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page