PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Naming Generator

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

Mystera's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMystera
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnga+.png
The different languages thing isn't random tho, those are still the official names. I've used the keyboard-smash-then-tweak method a lot myself, and when I name Pokemon I care about like shinies I often just grab a name from a video game or something. I guess I can see the use for hoarders, as I have kinda just given up on naming every fox in my possession, but you can still Google a generator or baby names or something if you really want. idk I probably wouldn't use it.
Milesfire's AvatarMilesfire
ultra.pnge.png
I've never really liked random name generators to be honest. They just rub me the wrong way and I never find a name I like anyways through them. I'd rather just name them myself you know? And this is coming from someone who is awful at coming up with names. So I'm afraid there's going to be no support from me.
Avatar is Apollo Justice from Ace Attorney. The art is official but I edited in the trans flag. Call me Miles, he/him. Previously known as ZeroTails and then CloveredZero and then CharaBerry -----
Malibu's AvatarMalibu
ultra.pngc.png
I for one like this idea. Sure you can Google name generator, but why do that if you can have one right there. And I think it's useful. If you don't like the first name it gives you, then hit the button again. You can still pick your name or leave it be like normal. Saying things like "if you can't come up with creative names then don't name them at all" seems pretty rude. Sometimes even I get stumped on naming a Pokemon, name generator is one of those little things that can actually help. I support. I don't think It'd use it too often since I don't name every Pokemon, but I do see it's advantage.
Made by CheekyNonsense with official Pokemon TCG artwork (and a filter). Also, August is Gastroparesis Awareness Month; something that is near and dear to my heart. Image from roadworkplay on TeePublic.
Zen's AvatarZen
master.pngc.png
Name generators, on most games I've played, take names that others have used for their characters. I've come across some very inappropriate names with name generators before, and that could even happen here. All one person would have to do is rename their pokemon a swear and bam! It's part of the name generator. Unless there was a way names could be tracked back to who originally caused the name, then that user who named there pokemon a swear just broke the rules and possibly got away free if they rename the mon again after. And before suggesting a filter, Niet or Garthic has stated a filter wouldn't be much use as there's so many ways to bypass one. So no support.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Malibu's AvatarMalibu
ultra.pngc.png
Yes, however, if anybody names their Pokémon inappropriately they should absolutely be reported in the first place. I understand your arguement completely, but I don't think that is that great of an issue on PFQ, maybe I'm wrong though. I wouldn't know. I don't handle the reports. If it a problem and there is a way to track offenders, then by all means that makes sense too.
Venefica's AvatarVenefica
champion.pnge+.png
Eh, I am kind of on the fence about this one. Sure, I had difficulties coming up with a name sometimes, and I sometimes spend like 30 minutes playing on the "dice" button in other sites (with a generator). But as the people above have said, if the generator pulls names from people, there might be swearwords unless a similar system from the canon games, the word censoring and general expression censor, is used. Plus, some people name their shinies/mons/legends with names pulled out from their favorite characters. I'll admit I am kind of guilty for the last one. If there are tweaks to the suggestion, maybe I'll lean more to support. But as of now, I'll stick to neutral.
Sand-Shrew's AvatarSand-Shrew
senior.png

QUOTE originally posted by Beemoji

You could also forget the username if it wasn't something genuine from your mindl Say you got a word you'd never heard of and you don't remember how to spell it, you might end up not being able to get back on.
he's talking about naming pokemon, not accounts
TAPU KO-KO-KOOOOO!
Profile picture is the Tapu Koko sprite from Gen 7
. .
Zen's AvatarZen
master.pngc.png
Sand-Shrew, you might want to take note the first post was edited. The original suggestion could've easily been for usernames but was then changed for Pokemon nicknames.
Alik's AvatarAlik
grandmaster.pngc+.png
@Zen No, the full intention is nicknames for pokemon. :) The edit has been due to peoples input and therefore an edit to reflect this.
Zen's AvatarZen
master.pngc.png
Ah, alrighty. I didn't see this suggestion before the edits, so. :p Thank you for clarifying~

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page