PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

deleting usernames

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

poopyz's Avatarpoopyz
Suggestion Title: adding a function to delete your username Suggestion Summary: I realize that whenever I come up with a username, it's taken but 99% of the time, it's a Newbie-ranked player who joined 8 years ago and is totally not playing this game anymore, but they're still hogging the username. So maybe we could have a function to remove your username when you're going to quit, and when you come back sometime, maybe your username had been taken but no hard feelings, you could come up with another. I would like to clarify that it is fully optional to delete your username. Positive points: Lots of usernames freed up :) Negative points: When you come back, you might realize that someone took your username and you have to make another one.
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
Yeah sorry but no support from me something like this wouldn't really at all be fair to a player who has either quit, may be taking a break or something in real life came for them not to be on the the site. The same could be said for a player who hasn't been on for 8+ years cause you do need to take in the fact that maybe that player could have forgotten what their email was for their account on here. Because of those points i brought up doesn't mean a player username should be taken from them, deleting someone username from them is not fair and not a good enough reason in my opinion to delete it.
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
AlastorStar's AvatarAlastorStar
No support. Because the person could have some severe disability or injury now that prevents them from using PFQ. Or they could forgotten the email and or password.
Alastor - He/They - Asexual
Score: 330
Badge Code by LycanKai
Image is a shiny scatterbug drawn by me.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The two users above seem to have missed the part where the suggestion is about being able to delete your own username on purpose before you quit the game. I think OP is actually expecting people to come back one last time to release their username just in case someone else might want to use that name in future. People don't do that. They just quit and don't come back.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
I will say even though this is already in rejected, it is interesting to me that people's accounts don't auto-delete over time; seems it would save server space and provide general clean-up; and returning users who've joined a long time ago and forgotten their account/would like to start over wouldn't have to worry about violating the duplicate account rule.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
RoyaLotad's AvatarRoyaLotad
I feel like the problem is that PFQ is very much a site that you can spend real money on, and if someone decides they want to come back from an extended break, they probably don't want to see stuff that their own real life money went towards all wiped and deleted. It'd also be trouble for the whole "one account per person" thing at that point. That's my guess at least.
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
Score: 2424
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Profile pic is gift art from my good friend Shiny_Mod on Twitter!
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by RoyaLotad

I feel like the problem is that PFQ is very much a site that you can spend real money on, and if someone decides they want to come back from an extended break, they probably don't want to see stuff that their own real life money went towards all wiped and deleted. It'd also be trouble for the whole "one account per person" thing at that point. That's my guess at least.
Well put. I definitely wouldn't spend money on something that would expire if I didn't log in for a while. The fact I can come back several years later and my money spent is still there, is actually the main reason I started spending on here at all. I think it's actually really a wonderful thing that accounts don't expire. Not me personally, but I can imagine the memories and joy someone may have coming back here after having played in school, and seeing things here from.all that time ago now that you're a young adult and picking up from where you left off. The casual nature of PFQ is a real attraction for many, and will keep the community going as people return and others go on haitus, all firmly believing their accounts will be just as they left them. <3
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 1344
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,350,150
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,820,117
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page