PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Old Flames | Story Adaptation

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF >

POLL: Should the story be ahead of the comic?

Total votes: 0

You must be logged in to vote.

Azurealis's AvatarAzurealis
Hey there everyone! As you may or may not know, I recently started a comic on PFQ called Old Flames!
The meaning of the title is reuniting with someone who you had a very strong emotional connection with! Not the... other one ^^
You can find it here if you would like to read it! I've noticed that though conveying a story through art is great in some aspects, I also wanted to make a text adaptation for users who didn't want to bother with the comic or just prefer to read text. Alternatively, you can read this in addition to the comic in order to fill in gaps for confusing bits! I may mash up several comic pages into one chapter, so the total amount of chapters here may be different from that of the comic, just be warned! Just to be clear, this is a work in progress, so please don't leave any comments until I make it clear the story has ended <3 Once the story has finished, I will catalogue all the chapters in this first post for ease of reading! Feel free to message me with feedback or comments!

Azu ✦ She/Her ✦ Minor

"Oh look! See that, there in the distance? It's the consequences of your actions!" ‧₊˚Hey there! I'm Azu. Nice to meet you!₊˚‧
Art Shop Comiccredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @me! Pagedoll @me!
Chapter 1 It was dark. That was the only thing he was really sure about. Even with his eyes closed, he could tell that this kind of darkness was unnatural. He curled up into a ball, twitching in discomfort. The darkness felt like a thick blanket, wrapping around him and making it hard to move. His eyelids fluttered open, only to see... nothing. The blackness pressed in on his eyeballs, making him panic. Despite the dark weight pressing down on him, he forced himself to move. He turned and twisted, trying frantically to see something, anything. The silence roared in his ears, and he pressed his paws over his eyes and ears in a futile attempt to drown it out. It was hard to think. It was hard to breathe. A sharp crack sounded from somewhere above him, making him flinch. He cracked his eyes open, just a sliver. A gasp escaped him at what he saw. Actually, he wasn't sure what he was seeing. It looked almost like a jagged crack, a small rip in the darkness. It was strange-- beautiful, even. And so gloriously bright. Light poured down onto him from the tear, illuminating his face. It washed over his face, making him blink at it's brightness. At that moment, he only knew one thing-- he had to get to that light. He struggled towards it. Each kick and flail brought him a little closer, until he could almost reach it. Straining, he stretched his forelegs as far as he could, until finally his paw hooked onto the edge of the opening. He pulled as hard as he could. With a crunch, he felt the opening give underneath his paws. Deafening cracks rang through the silence as he pushed, widening the fissure more and more with every shove. He squeezed his eyes shut as white light spilled out of the newly formed hole, enveloping him in its bright coldness. Over the sound of blood rushing in his ears, he could vaguely hear jumbled sounds that arranged themselves into words. "Oh look. It's hatching."
Looks like we've got a stalker! I see you watching there <3 Enjoy the chapter! Chapter 2 He'd thought that the light filtering through the small crack was bright, but it was nothing compared to the ocean of blinding brightness he found himself in now. Reflexively, he dragged himself out of the broken eggshell and stumbled onto his still-wobbly paws. Broken fragments of shell were still clumped on his fur and covering his eyes. He shook himself to dislodge them, falling in a heap onto the smooth surface below his paws in the process. It was metallic and so cold that it stung his paws just a bit. He blinked, forcing his eyes open. "Hm. Odd." The sound of the same voice he had heard earlier came from somewhere above him, making him look up curiously. The speaker was a woman dressed in a white lab coat. She had long blonde hair, and as she leaned in for a closer look at his face, he caught a whiff of something artificially sweet, with an acrid chemical tang. "...This one has blue eyes." Before he could wonder about the significance of that statement, the woman continued talking, addressing someone--a colleague, perhaps?-- standing on her left; a young man with messy brown hair. "It doesn't seem to be a shiny..." The man on her left chimed in. "Or a delta, for that matter." The blonde woman glanced at him with a look of mild interest. It felt like she was dissecting him with her eyes. "We'll run some tests on it later," she decided dismissively, already turning away. "Take it to its holding chamber for now," she added to the brown-haired man. And with another sweep of unnaturally artificial air, she was gone.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page