PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Hide event sprites before user discovery

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

POLL: Would you like this to be added?

Total votes: 44

You must be logged in to vote.

Aristella's AvatarAristella
Suggestion Title: Hide event sprites before user discovery Suggestion Summary: Make any appearance of an ongoing event sprite in parties or fields show as some kind of placeholder, like the default unknown egg sprite pf has, until you have either added the mon to your dex or the event has ended. Positive points: Adds more suspense to events! That's about it honestly lol, just a small QOL thing. Will add more if someone adds something :) Negative points: Users who aren't interested in events might get annoyed at a hidden sprite in people's parties. Maybe include an 'I don't care' button that can be accessed through the event page? Will add more if someone adds something :) Reason For Consideration: I started the event today, and when I started the first interaction task, the event mon was already in the second party I saw. Not the end of the world or anything, but it was kinda like... oh! That takes all the fun out of it :( Especially when the whole point of the event is "wow what is this egg!?!!" We have spoiler boxes in the sprite discovery threads, so I think it makes sense to extend that to fields or at least parties. Scrolled through quite a few suggestion and rejection threads and didn't see anything like this, but I def could've missed something, so sorry if that's the case! Have a good day :)
tomopri's Avatartomopri
ou this is an awesome idea yeah!! one of my friends was sad that he saw the event pokemon in advance & i had to warn other friends not to look at my party if they wanted the pokemon to stay a surprise... anticipation and suspense is part of the draw to mystery item events in most of anything, so it should be possible to avoid seeing them if you're not ready/don't have them yet :>
Withercat1's AvatarWithercat1
Honestly yeah full agree I had the event mon spoiled for me too I would have loved for it to be hidden.
Perhaps have the hidden-ness expire at some point, like after the event or week after, so it's not invisible forever? Full support however. I'd greatly appreciate being able to go to the shelter without having the new sprite spoiled for me before I get it :/
Always helping anyone with anything, Just Ask!
Shadow Pawmi Avatar by me!
*wearing a bad disguise* wow this suggestion is awesome guys, mega support (bump)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
In most cases we do actually show the full sprites in the initial announcement specifically to avoid this spoiler issue. Can't be a spoiler if it's pre-announced! We tried something a little different with the last couple of events, and the April one in particular was difficult to judge how we wanted to handle it, but I think going forward we should just pre-announce story prizes again.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ah, fair enough! i do think there is something special about a big reveal at the end though! makes the tasks feel more like they're building up to something instead of just grinding for a sprite
week bump! im not sure if the niet reply counts this as rejected, but just in case we keep moving 💪💪 (also, in response to niets message ((forgot to mention before lol)), i did always avoid looking at the sprite in the announcement threads until i got the sprite. totally fair if thats just a me thing, but i liked to set up the surprise for myself :p)
forebodhi's Avatarforebodhi
support, but only if there's an option to turn it off! i don't care about spoilers, and having a bunch of hidden images would Annoy Me to the max — but for the sake of others, def support :3
preping for slowpoke hunt!
0 / 1000
week bump!! :)

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page