PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lag issues, progress, and planned maintenance [TBD]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

Turbuggy's AvatarTurbuggy
I can't speak for the whole of the community, but I know that I'd personally be totally fine waiting if things break! Every online game needs updates, it's understandable! :]

☆ Buggy ☆ He/Him ☆ Adult ☆

I'm just a lil guy!
Shop Journal Free Fieldscredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Divider @King-Lulu-Deer on DeviantArt Forum Icon @Vandi Signature Pagedoll @Bug2Go on Twitter
☆ Current Hunt: Drifloon
shrimp2's Avatarshrimp2

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I just wanted to make sure you all could be made aware of what I'm working on. I do occasionally drop some information over in our Discord server so come on by if you'd like to see that.
thanks for the info! would it be possible for you to crosspost the information posted on the discord to the PFQ forums so those of us who don't use discord can stay updated as well?
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by shrimp2

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I just wanted to make sure you all could be made aware of what I'm working on. I do occasionally drop some information over in our Discord server so come on by if you'd like to see that.
thanks for the info! would it be possible for you to crosspost the information posted on the discord to the PFQ forums so those of us who don't use discord can stay updated as well?
Important stuff gets cross-posted here, but there's a lot of more "casual" stuff I like to drop in and nerd out over sometimes. Stuff that wouldn't really fit in an "announcement".
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
xie lian's Avatarxie lian
then... would it just be alright if that "casual" info is just posted in the thread, so users interested in updates can read the thread to find them? my discord is broken right now so...^^'
avatar is official art from a project sekai card
× 1 / 50
(i am NOT collecting summons they just look cute)
arbor's Avatararbor
What is the emergency maintenance about?
arbor ☼ journal: 838 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'm pushing some of the (hopefully) more CPU-intensity-fixing code sooner than expected in the hopes it alleviates the 99.7% CPU activity the server is currently facing.
xie lian's Avatarxie lian
thanks for the info ab the code, I've just read the announcement fully. hopefully this will fix the slight issues I've had (e.g parties failing to load during massclick, server taking longer to load at reset)! have no idea what any of this vocabulary means but I assume it's good
dalia's Avatardalia
thank you for these updates! apologies if this has been answered/this is not the right place to ask - but given the amount of lag that users were experiencing during MCW, will there potentially be any make-up event or an additional day of boosts? personally i was a bit bummed as i intended to hatch a lot today in hopes of getting lots of specials, but the lag often made it frustrating to the point that i just stopped hatching after a while. i hope this doesn't come off as entitled or anything - but MCW only happens once a month and is always a big event for the community. maybe it could even be a celebration event for the lag fix!
dalia | 25 | they/them | journal sweet and spicy collector! Type Race Score; 0
credit
R34CT's AvatarR34CT
Emergency maintenance at the beginning of today.... feels suspicious 👀 (/light-hearted) Hopefully the fixes are relatively easy for staff working on this and everything runs smoothly soon!!
shrimp2's Avatarshrimp2

QUOTE originally posted by xie lian

then... would it just be alright if that "casual" info is just posted in the thread, so users interested in updates can read the thread to find them? my discord is broken right now so...^^'
this is a good idea! you could also create a separate thread specifically for those more casual update without pushing a news alert. if you go the separate thread route, you can push an initial alert so people are aware the thread is available to subscribe to for anyone interested. I've noticed some information is shared in the discord that isn't shared here until later, if at all. for a minor recent example, I was told by a friend that the addition of the random egg accessory crate in the easter prize shop was brought up in the discord well before it was mentioned here. I'm sure many of us would appreciate if that information was shared simultaneously on both platforms.

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page