PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Auto-calculate shelter budget by category

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
It would be really nice to be able to tell how many of each category you can adopt at a glance, instead of trying to do math. Known eggs isn't super hard since it's half, but tbh the bigger number kind of makes my brain glaze over when I'm tired... Here's a mockup of what I think it could look like: (Note that the 4 unknown eggs value is rounded down, from 4.67) I'm not sold on the wording of the "could adopt" line, I'm not sure it's fully clear that if you get those 4 unknown eggs you won't *also* be able to get the 7 unknown Pokemon. (it's definitely not clear that after those 4 unknown eggs you'd have 4 points left) But I wasn't sure how to make it better, and I think the value in having it auto-calculated is more that the possible confusion. Full disclosure: I mentioned this in the QoL thread, and it's definitely something I could do there if this is rejected, but I thought I'd suggest it as a full site feature first, since not everyone uses QoL and I think this calculation would be especially useful to newer players?
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
I was just discussing this with someone, too. I fully support the idea. I wasn't sure if it's just because maths skill isn't fast for me to use. Every time I go in the Shelter to see if I need to release more eggs for my quota or how much longer I will need to be hatching for in regards to boosts etc., my brain flinches before I can sort out the most simplest of calculations (half the number as I'm chaining an egg). I can only sympathise with those who are chaining, and adopting for evolves, and shelter hunting for breeding pairs or sellable pokemon all at the same time. I certainly would benefit greatly from an auto-calculator based on my remaining budget and the various uses of said points. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 0
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,345,887
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,783,860
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
GnarleyQuinn's AvatarGnarleyQuinn
Fully support. My brain doesn't like to math. Computers are built to math for us XD Some days, I'm shelter hunting Pokemon. Some days, I'm grabbing eggs. I would benefit from seeing the progress without having to think about it.
shop & dexing ♦️ journal (see for credits) my lucky sparkly charm (sprite permission) - avatar credit in journal
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
Full support I also will like a number of adopted added
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 06:54 PM
Score: 0
TR code credit
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

I'm not sold on the wording of the "could adopt" line, I'm not sure it's fully clear that if you get those 4 unknown eggs you won't *also* be able to get the 7 unknown Pokemon. (it's definitely not clear that after those 4 unknown eggs you'd have 4 points left)
To my mind, that would probably be cleared up by adding an "or" to each subsequent bullet point, possibly? For instance, "● 360 known Pokemon ● or 180 known eggs ● or 90 etc". Aside from that, full support on this!
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I've put this information in the "Action costs" popup. How does that look?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I've put this information in the "Action costs" popup. How does that look?
It does the job in my opinion! Thanks for listening <3
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Cool, that'll do it then!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page