PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Happy Hunting Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Event Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 404142

EstherGamer's AvatarEstherGamer
I'm gonna miss EggSweeper when it's gone, man it's been fun playing that all week. Helped distract me from some things in life making this week tough emotionally. Already hoping it returns next year. On the bright side, definitely managed to stock up on eggs again, have over 2,000 now. I think I'll be able to last until the next time I get to stock up.
Avatar is an edited version of Sky Forme Shaymin's portrait from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, edited by me. (Sprite by me)
Eggsweeper is great, almost wish they had holiday varients of minesweeper for all the holidays, but I know that would make it less special. definitely hope it comes back next year though! XD
type race score: 0
R34CT's AvatarR34CT

QUOTE originally posted by Nunka

QUOTE originally posted by SpikeyMouth

The stone golem art was cute! (idk gen9 names and I'm too lazy to look it up). Who was it that they're waiting on btw?
They were waiting for one of our Artists! Eggy! Sorry it took so long to respond, I've been waiting for Niet to add in the Commemorative Easter Eggs before I could make my first post in this thread! -- I am so incredibly happy that this year's event has been so well received! It's been amazing seeing everyone in this thread on the discord. I had so much fun planning this Easter! I really liked the old Seek and Search events that introduced Lunupine and gave us the Oragami Goldeen so I asked Niet if we could bring it back as a story task! I wrote both the story and the hints for this event and did a lot of the organizing on the creative side. It was a lot of work but I had hoped to bring a simple but fun story event this year. I also made the Berry Eggs that will be fed to Pokémon during this Easter Festival.

Spoiler

This year's story focuses on the Player and cameos 15 NPCs, 14 of which were from previous story events and shows off 8 locations. This was a chance to explore Pokefarm both literally and narratively as the story guides you through your search for the Easter Eggs! To avoid tricky solutions, every Egg could be accessed through the Farm Page directly either through "Nearby Places", "Other Links", or the Header Bar (For Currency). Only "Contest Hall - Main" requires more than 1 Click from the Farm Page. I also really like jokes so yes, I asked for Corn on Fields. There's a bunch of a little fun references as well as connections between the hints, story locations, pages, and the eggs hidden there.

References

GSBall was placed in Lab because Cele was the first staff member to complete their Easter Egg Geode was placed in Wishforge because Gems can grow inside Geodes. The Golden egg was placed in Gold Poke because it was Gold. The Ghost, Eggy and Terabbit eggs can be found in the Graveyard (Narratively) but Pledge Grove was chosen as the Ghost Egg's site location because of its "misty" art. "A secret place" is a direct quote from the "Nearby Places" tab. The Aether house hint (Comes from another world) refers to both the Aetherhouse and the fact that the Eggy egg is loosely based on a character not from pokemon. Terabbit's egg was placed on the Ubercharm page because it's a Melanstic Mega Terabbit The Lily, Luma and Green Shell were placed in the "Forest" (Narratively) because they were more likely to blend in. "Money, items and Mons, oh my!" is a reference to "Lions, Tigers and Bears, oh my!" "Don't forget to wear long trousers in tall grass!" is a a safety protocol to prevent (jol)ticks from biting. The Green Shell egg is also an "Easter Egg" of the Green Egg design from the Spring Shellebration Event. All three Shellebration eggs were made but only green was used due to to the Egg Cap. Bubble Mew's egg was purposely placed in Summons because you can summon it. The hint was originally "This egg is Legendary!" but mew is technically Mythical, not Legendary. All of the Veggie Eggs were placed in the Flower fields(Narratively) with other colorful eggs. This section's Egg Number was a placeholder until we knew how many Eggs were going to be available. Avacado was placed on Referrals because it being split in half, suggests there are two halves. Carrot Egg was placed in the Salon because "Hair" in the hint also sounds like "Hare" Corn was placed on Fields to make the visual pun "Cornfields" Unite Ball was given to the Pokewalker page because it's a Pokeball. Cloudy Bunny was given to the Image Uploader because a hosting service is sometimes called a "Cloud". Its hint refers to how a lot of users didn't know we have image hosting. The Devi and Starry eggs are found after finding Kinaster. The Devi egg was placed in User Search because it was the most obvious "Staff OC" Egg. The Water and WishingStar were placed on the Beach(Narratively) because it's a Water Location and it's the only scene that shows the passing of time(Sun's going down) through a background change. Water egg was placed in Fishing Hut for obvious reasons. Its hint refers to both your Narative location and the fact that the Fishing hut has all of the water locations. The WishingStar egg was placed in contest because its hint is a direct quote from the Contest Hall's - Main page.
In Total, staff made 27 Eggs but I had set a cap for 24 designs. There were a total of 30 accessories made but Niet only added in the ones that were directly found by the player. There was meant to be at least a 25th to represent the one you took from Zwelious.
Speaking of the Easter Egg Accessories I also ended up adapting all of the designs and a few additional ones to make the commemorative accessories for this year! All of the eggs were assigned different Contest values depending on how they were painted. It's a little late because Niet's been busy but feel free to give your Happiny more eggs! As a side note, Devi's Egg was split into Normal and Shiny Umbreon versions for the acessories but it appears only the normal was used. The accessory will appear as a normal umbreon.
Thank you for all of this info! I was scrolling this thread to see if anyone had answered the question that was on my mind, which was "so what was the 25th egg?" because while collecting them I didn't pay close enough attention to see if a sprite ended up unused as an accessory. Nice "Easter Eggs"! Haha!

Pages: 123··· 404142

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page