PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Make the confirm adopt popups consistent between the lab and the

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

KaidaMcWoomy's AvatarKaidaMcWoomy
Suggestion Title: Make the confirm adopt popups consistent between the lab and the shelter Suggestion Summary:Right now, the popup that displays in the lab is pretty different from the one in the shelter. Here is an image of what it looks like when you try to adopt a Spinda egg in the lab:

lab adopt screenshot

And then here is an image of what it looks like when you try to adopt a Spinda egg in the shelter:

shelter adopt screenshot

As you can see, the two are quite different. The lab displays the Pokemon's name and a little summary about it. I am aware that the summary does sometimes give a hint to the Pokemon's type, but it can be a bit of a guess for newcomes. In the shelter, on the other hand, you can see the Pokemon's type(s) and its EHP value, but not its' name even when you have it registered to your eggdex. The fact that they are so different just seems a bit strange to me. I propose that some changes be made to the screens to make them more consistent with one another. So in the lab, the type and EHP would be displayed, while in the shelter, the little summary could be added. If a person does not have the species registered, the name can be put as "???" or "Egg", and the type can be placed as mystery/unknown type that is already used when an egg hasn't been registered. Positive Points - creates one consistent popup confirmation so that a player gets the same information about an egg regardless if they are using the shelter or the lab - enables people who are adopting eggs they haven't registered yet in their egg dex to still have a hint about what Pokemon they are adopting in the shelter - provides concrete type information about an egg that does not require guesswork or the use of the QoL script Negative Points - pop up may look a little cluttered with so much information on it. This ideally could be fixed with a good design, or by making the EHP bar smaller on the popup Reason for Consideration As mentioned in the positive points, this allows a player to get the same information about an egg, so you have the same info about the egg regardless of where you're adopting it from. Why do I know the EHP and the type of an egg from the shelter, but not in the lab, prior to adoption? It just seems a bit strange to me that I can get much more useful info about the egg from the shelter rather than the lab, especially since one of the goals with the lab rework is to make that be the primary place for people to work on their egg dexes. Don't get me wrong, the little summaries are cute, but having the info be consistent everywhere would be nice.
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: Paused Hunt: with a 2400ish chain Type Race: 1076
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
If the two features look very different, it's because they are very different. The Lab is almost like a little puzzle at first, gradually telling you the answers you've already discovered. It gives you fresh new eggs for yourself. The Shelter is a collection of things that have been released by other players, and the information shown is what you would see if you saw the egg on its previous owner's farm.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
KaidaMcWoomy's AvatarKaidaMcWoomy

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If the two features look very different, it's because they are very different. The Lab is almost like a little puzzle at first, gradually telling you the answers you've already discovered. It gives you fresh new eggs for yourself. The Shelter is a collection of things that have been released by other players, and the information shown is what you would see if you saw the egg on its previous owner's farm.
Oh okay, I guess it makes more sense when you explain it like that

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page