PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Add "Thank you" Function to trainer profiles

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

notecardPasta's AvatarnotecardPasta
Suggestion Title: Add "Thank you" Function to trainer profiles Suggestion Summary: In the trainer profile dropdown there could be a "Send Thank-You" option which gives a quick notification to the trainer like "[Trainer Name] says thanks!" It'd also be pretty sweet if some type of candy similar to a sweet heart (but a bit weaker to keep the event candies special) could be added alongside the message for a bit of credits as a tip! (perhaps users can disable being able to recieve them from their end if they don't want the candy?) Positive points: Would allow a quick way to show appreciation without any expectations of a reply/the possible awkwardness of DMs Negative points: Could be used for spam, possibly only allows one per hour or even day per trainer? Could also be used sarcastically though I don't see many opportunities for that on this game Reason For Consideration: When the valentine's event was active I had gotten a shiny in the wonder trade and immediately sent a bunch of hearts to them as a thank-you, it was genuinely a really nice way for someone shy to express gratitude and I've had other instances where I'd love to just send a simple thanks without clogging someone's messages! The "nice" function is cool but is pretty easily missable since it just pops up in the corner and having something specifically for thanks would be pretty neat.
saberia12's Avatarsaberia12
support i like this idea a lot. i would definately use it
ProfilePic: made by me for me alone. Aka Credit saberia12 08/29/2021 Collecting for a future hunt
× 5 / 500
Xygallix's AvatarXygallix
Er... Honestly I'm not sure it's needed beyond the nice function. I'm not sure it would bring much the nice doesn't offer, but that's just my take on it. I do sometimes want to do more to thank someone, but that's where sending a pm or even a trade/gift can come in I think. Would adding a notification to the "nice" achieve this in a different way? Dunno. Just feels that having both "thank you" and "nice" might make each other a little redundant. Edit: Oh, if an item were to be attached, that could get awkward anyway. I know I felt the need to reciprocate everything I was sent during the valentines event because it felt awkward to accept and not return them. I suspect others felt the same. It's why I preferred to send anonymous hearts if I was sending them for a reason, then people could feel appreciated without potentially feeling obliged to return the gesture
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
notecardPasta's AvatarnotecardPasta

QUOTE originally posted by Xygallix

Would adding a notification to the "nice" achieve this in a different way? Dunno. Just feels that having both "thank you" and "nice" might make each other a little redundant.
While adding a notification would definitely make it easier to see I feel some may prefer the way it has been for a good while/would stop using it if it was changed up. Nice is a bit broad on its own, I tend to use it for profiles that look cool, fun statuses, trainers with impressive fields etc -- it can definitely be used for a thank-you (if the trainer's even online) but I feel it'd be neat to have some other options!

QUOTE originally posted by Xygallix

Edit: Oh, if an item were to be attached, that could get awkward anyway...
That is why I added there could probably be an option from the user end to not accept/allow gifts since I know people feel that way often, could even be expanded to toggle on for valentine's honestly
sillyguy's Avatarsillyguy
I somewhat support this The main negative point I see with this suggestion is the "Nice" function already existing, which I think should be improved since it's quite easy to miss (in my opinion). If there could be different options for the "Nice" function like your suggestion for a "Thank you" message (and if sending a "Nice" sends a notification), I think I'd probably support this suggestion. I think It would definitely people more comfortable interacting with other people, as I have social anxiety and sending "Thank you" PMs makes me nervous. TLDR: I would support if this was combined with the "Nice" function as an option for a different message.
sillyguy • any pronouns • -8 server time meclick • WIP back from a whopping 2 year hiatus, pfp is by me
Twin's AvatarTwin
Supporting this! I agree heavily that the nice function is just too easily missed, and as someone who has trouble PMing people, something to show appreciation on a simpler level without having to send a message where its still seen would be very nice to have
Avatar by me, only for my use thanks!
IshizuIshtar's AvatarIshizuIshtar
I personally just use the Nice button if i dont feel like sending a message. To me this isnt really needed due to this however i agree with sillyguy that instead of seperate buttons mabye it could be added to the nice button in the form of multiple options.
Please allow my dragons to lie, i have had terrible luck lately with them.
hearteyes's Avatarhearteyes
Yeah I support this but I agree maybe the Nice button could be several options like "send [Nice], [Thanks], or [3rd option]" and I also think having a nice counter on the TC or something would also be helpful because I miss the nice notif all the time lol I also think Nice is way too vague, sometimes I get it after getting rus or for reasons I don't even know, so having something more specific like a thank you I would use way more
Collecting Rock Statues for 12 ZC/eq!
Regirock with a Handbag Hunt: 89/500
Type Race Score: 29 -------Random Hunt------- h/S/A/M 685/9/0/0
pfp made by me, no snatching!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page