PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Further improvements to staff transparency

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 910111213

SnivyLover's AvatarSnivyLover
Yeah, on PF1, I clicked the random user button to find a user who was banned for about 320 years! I was perplexed at how it's possible and felt uneasy. That's why posting or explaining the reason for the ban is so important to the site's userbase
Avatar is from Pokemon Conquest by Nintendo

QUOTE originally posted by Houndoom Heart

I mean..not for nothin' but if staff members are allowed to read our PM's without our consent
It's actually 100% with your consent. It's in the rules, both here (Well, it'll probably be more noticeable when we actually get the updated rules up and running) and on PF1. By accepting the rules, you are accepting the fact that your PMs can be viewed.
Lucario321's AvatarLucario321
People should read rules before coming to such a conclusion. You should always read rules before agreeing to something. I personally like Ledah's breakdown of the rules on her Pokefarm 1 journal. Nonetheless make sure you have correct info before you say someone is wrongfully invading your property, or in this case- messages.
I'm familier with the rules but I guess I missed that bit, my bad. But I stand by my point. Also, I don't think blacklisting is really that bad a thing when the person you're blacklisting is actually a bad apple. Say someone stole another's pokemon..if theres not enough evidence to support the victim's claim, that thief/scammer could get away with it. But if the victim is allowed to "blacklist" the person who stole their pokemon, that could warn others of the threat.
~Credit for my lovely new avatar goes to AnonymousEspeon~
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Houndoom Heart

I'm familier with the rules but I guess I missed that bit, my bad. But I stand by my point.
This is my server. Think of it like my home. I have a right to know what's going on with my server, thank you very much.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Not only what Niet said, but also the fact that because of this addition to the rules, we've found many extreme rulebreakers. Child predators being a recurring example of the individuals we have to fully remove from the site. If you're telling me that we shouldn't be allowed to see these people's PMs without asking them first, or jumping through hoops... Then I guess the law that is in place which states that we have to be able to do this needs removing, eh? In which case, as I have said in previous instances, I recommend that you take that up with the UK's politicians, as that actually has nothing to do with us. --Edit-- I would like to also point out, that... At least any server hosted in the UK... Has to abide by that law. This means that if the individual hosting the server (In this case, Niet) doesn't tell you that they can see your PMs... Well, here's the thing - they're still legally required to be able to see the PM's that you're sending. The fact that you know about it here is something that sets us above a number of the others. We're, at the very least, letting you know that your PMs are monitored, as the law requests. I've been to so many sites that don't tell you this - Yet now know that if they follow the legal requirements, that also means they're capable of viewing my PMs. In short, at least we're letting you know. So many places out there don't.
Ooh, well said Niet. That makes me feel a little better about it, seems fair enough. And thanks for clearing that up Garthic. I did not know it was a requirement, I learned something new today :D (sorry if this is considered spam... ^^')
Believe me, you aren't the only person who doesn't seem to know this. Heck, I didn't know... I've learned a lot of things because of the fact that I do this job. Oh, and don't worry, that's not SPAM in the slightest. Mayhaps it'll even educate a few other people on the issue - as such, I'd say it pertains to a part of the reason this thread was made :)
DragonTamer's AvatarDragonTamer
well that seems a wee bit different than were I am from.. but I am not a UKer. hmm it makes sense though but I know no few folk who are busy having riots over my counties digging into personal info like their mail and phone records without permission. Different country different rules. Any other UK rules I should be made aware of? I don't exactly want to break one because I don't know about it. still I think child predators need to be kicked out of sites that have minors (and predators need to be kicked off sites in general). So if that is a way to catch the dodgers and remove them then all for the good.
Avie by Tsuzera . I used this shop to commission it. I rp a lot so if you want to rp pm me. I rp in mature mostly. Warning: Never laugh at live dragons.
AngelflyXD's AvatarAngelflyXD
Some people skip the rules cause maybe they don't understand it or they are just lazy, either way. But if they seriously don't know the reason, they should atleast post them the footage of what they did, maybe then they would understand. I know that it might be so hard, but, there is such thing as working for understanding o3o idk, it just got me thinking this thread

Pages: 123··· 910111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page