PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

change field type bonuses (or addition of themed fields)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

direclawz's Avatardireclawz
superior.png
on one hand, i know this would probably a bit sudden to users, but also, like, at the very least adding some new fields could work? like, okay, i get it's supposed to be based on the type chart. but it's a really bizarre way of doing that, especially if a player wants to make their fields look nice, as opposed to just doing the unknown field over and over again. like, for example: by all means, an ice type pokemon should NOT gain happiness in a fire-type area. you should not be able to put a charmander underwater and have it gain happiness. the simple way to fix this issue would be to flip the liked and disliked types, so that pokemon weak to a type will dislike that field and pokemon that resist it will like it. though, this would probably require some sort of notice before it'd take effect so people's pokemon don't start suddenly losing happiness without warning. this issue goes beyond just aesthetics and in-universe logic, too. a lot of types have more weaknesses than they do resistances, so there's several fields that only favor a few types, while also being incompatible with a lot. the big offenders of this are normal, dragon, and bug. normal and dragon only get affinity bonuses but also disfavor 3 and 2 types each, and bug has like, 3 types that like it while like half the type chart dislikes it. my other ideas on how this could be fixed are the following: either themed fields, or field skins. themed fields would be less based around a specific type and more around biomes. so, a desert for instance would favor ground, fire, and rock types, but it'd be rough on water and grass types. i do admit this has the potential to be either too similar to some existing field types, or it could run into a similar balancing issue. field skins would be much more simple, though: apply a background to a field without it actually impacting the type bonuses. i think field skins would be the easiest to implement, plus you could throw in some neat backgrounds without having to theme them around a specific type.
Xygallix's Avatarhypermode-12.pngXygallix
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
See... If they flipped the types, I'd then ask why would a fire type want to be (or be wanted) in a grass type field? I'm not convinced anyone wants a charmander accidentally setting a bunch of bellsprout alight. At least if the charmander is in the water field there's a strong argument it will benefit as it could use it's time around the water to get stronger. Water types would also probably feel safer sharing their field with charmander rather than bellsprout really. Oh and also... With the way the current field likes/dislikes work, it also means you can have... I think something like 6 fields to boost the happiness of (almost) every pokemon on the site (some dual-typed pokemon do prevent it covering everyone). That's a huge saving on field space if you just make things happy and throw them into other fields later (like I do). Anyway... Aside from the fact that the PFQ way kind of makes more sense to me... I'm pretty sure there's code you can use to create custom field backgrounds (only visible to yourself). Pretty sure it'll be in the guides forum somewhere if you look for it - will totally solve any aesthetic issues you're having :)
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
See, I don't know about flopping the types...but I do agree the fields need some rework This is a bit of an unpopular opinion, but can't we just stick to just one type? Water type field to water types, for example, and literally no boost or nerf for any other species. They'd act as the ??? field for them. Or we could custom it, although that would take way too much work for the team, so I'm not going to support it.
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
summon_dce.png x 500 summon_jir.png x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page