PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokewalker Watts and distance.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Zen's AvatarZen
You're complaining about PFQ being impossible on mobile because of bugs, but are you reporting them? Or are you just ignoring the fact there's a bugs forum to report bugs in? Niet can't fix a bug if he doesn't know it's a thing, and the best way to make sure he knows is to report it. As for the suggestion, I don't use the Walker because of the GPS thing, so I can't use it like I would like. However, Niet has made the code for it publicly available so that if someone who knows coding can try to help make it better.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

No support. From what I can tell, the pokewalker a sort of bonus to users who are mainly on mobile. Being on mobile causes them enough trouble, so the pokewalker is something special for them for staying with pokefarm despite the troubles. Wouldn't making it available to normal clicking just defeat that purpose?
Did you read what I posted? On certain devices the Pokewalker isn't even working at all. And not only because of the GPS/Internet connection problems (oh, I forgot to mention it - not everybody have a free unlimited internet, not only on their mobiles but also at all, me for example. And even now there are people who don't even have any smartphone at all. They just use the old-fashioned plain mobiles, and chances are, they will never be able to get a new fancy smartphone). Some mobiles are too poor to even display the Pokewalker properly. And you know what? It isn't the only thing on the recode PFQ that causes such problems. And what's even more interesting, these problems had never happened on both the PF1 and the pre-recode PFQ. And you know why? Because they weren't focused on the mobile users that much! Even on my old mobile it was rather possible to do almost everything before the recode was started. But now? Just look at this Collection Area bug I wasn't able to get that Pokemon until I finally logged in from my laptop! (it even happened on a way newer mobile I once had On this phone I also had bugs like "cutting" part of the notification thingy out of the screen and sometimes making me not only unable to see and read it but also even click on it! And what's even weirder it had a bit bigger screen than my old mobile) So what are the benefits of a feature that even isn't working for everyone? Also, what about those people who, for various reasons, can't go on long walks (and walks at all)? Or those who only can use the Wi-Fi on their mobiles? Have you thinked about them?
Just so you know, I don't have a mobile device I can use the pokewalker on either, and you don't see me getting super angry about it. I was clearly suggesting it was meant for people who can and do use mobile more than they use PCs. Not for Everyone. The benefit is that it makes up for trouble that mobile users go through because, as you say, Pokefarm is predominately designed for PCs. It may be getting a lot better for mobile thanks to Niet's hard work, but why wouldn't you reward people who deal with these problems without complaining? Also, this thread isn't about mobile bugs, it's about Chaosbalance's suggestion. I believe it would be a better solution to fix the problem in the code, if there is one, rather than change the way it works completely.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
I don't have a mobile, so I can't give a good opinion. Honestly, I agree with Monzone's statement, "I'm pretty sure making it so you don't have to walk anywhere defeats an even bigger purpose... I mean, it is called a pokewalker after all." If there are bugs, report them and they'll be fixed eventually. Having a click-based walker would defeat the purpose of a PokéWalker. And while it was able to be clickable for PF1, this is a recode change to be more towards the original source of the PokéWalker in Heartgold/Soulsilver. While I do have my small reluctance due to being mobile-exclusive, I feel like there's no real way to implement it on a desktop.
Current Fighting Gem Hunt Progress:
Fighting Gem 334/1000
Check out my journal if you want. And buy stuff at my shop so I can have a bowl of ramen! Image edit by myself. Image base from Pokémon Shuffle.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just gonna drop this here, keep in mind I'm just waking up so I might miss something XD But asking me to support Android 2 (when the current version is 7) is like asking me to support Internet Explorer 6 (when IE isn't even a thing anymore, replaced by Edge). It is downright unreasonable to expect support for such an outdated system, when the creators of the system themselves don't support it either. Not every animation is GIF. In fact, the spinning arrows are SVG+CSS, and the egg hatching is JS+Canvas. Both of them use tricks to ensure that the browser only calculates and draws a new frame of the animation when it has the CPU capability to do so. Jagged animations means your device is struggling to even draw stuff to the screen, never mind animate anything. Another sign that maybe it's time to upgrade. The Pokéwalker is SVG+JS, and uses very modern technologies. Yes, it does cater more to the technological "early adopters", leaving those with brick phones behind, but that's why it was specifically designed as an optional extra feature, not in any way required for game completion or even progression. If you can use it, great! If not, no big deal.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page