PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

All about IVs & IV Breeding (wip, open for questions)

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 12

Guide is open for posting questions! I finally managed to write the majority of the guide to justify making a thread. While I do still have few sections to go over, hopefully written sections will help you learn more about IV and IV breeding. In case you don't feel like posting in the forums, feel free to send me a Private Message and I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner. ^^
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
Riliane's AvatarRiliane
This re-solidified my desire to never do IV breeding XD Anyway, excellent guide, thank you for posting this! Lots of good stuff here.
Noah's Ark
For all your breeding needs
Avatar by Aryuma772 used with permission.
Blackcheetah's AvatarBlackcheetah
Thank you for making this! It's really helpful since I'm trying to do IV breeding for some of my future hunts (and one of them is Beldum...)
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
WytchyLynx's AvatarWytchyLynx
This is an extremely helpful and thorough guide. It backs up what I already knew but I also learned a few things too! Thank you
Lynx • They/She • 35 • IV Breeder ShopDiscordJournal
Cant wait for the from scratch method! i have a very abitious iv breeding goal under way
This is a stick up! Hand over your Flying gems! 0
nikao's Avatarnikao
friendly bump^^
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
Starblaze's AvatarStarblaze
I see this guide is a work in progress and have a question. I am currently breeding 2 5IV Pokémon and to get a 6IV one, would it be better/faster if the non perfect stats on the parents are the same category or different?
Credits
July Trophy: Jolleon November Trophy: Volcarona
Team : 330
Hello! This question is a bit tricky as, over the years, I personally hatched 6IV faster when both parents had the same bad IV stat (aka. non perfect stat) than when they had it different. Mathematically speaking, the method with different bad IV stat placement should have a bit higher odds but keep in mind this means that you will also get 3IV beside 4, 5 and 6IV. You could try switching between different pairs and methods and see what works best for you. In the grand scheme of things, unfortunately it all comes down to RNG. There had been times where I had first 6IV offspring after +200 eggs from 6IV pair, while my 2IV + 4IV gave 6IV in the first 6 eggs. Best advice I could give is - if you have 6IV Pokemon with the same Egg group as the Pokemon you are trying to get 6IV of, you should pair it up with 5IV. If not, you could make a thread in the Trades forum to see if someone would borrow you their 6IV to breed until you get your own 6IV.
nikao's Avatarnikao
Hello Could you maybe help explain me this I use this parents now for years to hunt them , both 186...mostly with one sometimes with two destiny knot... ....but for some time now, i get so many low iv by them....way to many 150+ ,160+ iv ....only some perfect or 185 thrown in here and there... Same i did see with other pair, when i did try to get the other gender up to perfect, where one was 186 and other was 185 or 184....they did not hatch 186 but lower iv for long time or not at all( in the short time i haad for them, as other than pidove, i just use tournament week and short hunt for this) ...But then i hatched here and there a 180+ or even a 186 iv, from a low iv parent .... Is there something wrong with iv hunting or just bad or strange luck? (Not sure, i dont hunt so much right now,but did wonder) Normal hunts, when i try to hunt something up, i use a perfekt or 185iv parent, and then the other poke use the next higher iv...but last step to perfect really seems strange with 186 and 185iv pair... Is it really better to just hunt with one perfect and one 185 in hope for perfect like you did say, and forget two 186 parents? . .. and both need to have same bad iv stat? .
Hello! :D Best way to hunt perfect IVs is having both parents with 6IVs as that means you can only get 5 and 6IV offspring. My post above is about having 5+6IV pair is only if you don't have two 6IVs to breed. Unfortunately, it's all RNG based and sometimes it'll take a while before getting perfect offspring for such pair. It seems like you hit bad RNG streak, hence low IVs. I had some bad RNG luck in my last two hunts. It happens so nothing to worry about! All I can say is keep using 6IV pair and good luck! ^^/

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page