PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Make Tournament Egg a Target Score

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Durant's AvatarDurant
Suggestion Title:Make Tournament Egg a Target Score Suggestion Summary:Changing the the ability to get the tournament egg to be a score like the tokens rather down to placement. Positive points:Stop stress about losing arceus when new eggs are coming out as you can see whether or not you are going to get the egg before it is complete. Trying all week with a tournament only to not get it can be very frustrating especially when it way have been not the most enjoyable for your play style. Could be either Positive or Negative points:It could make the tournaments less competitive. It also make make the value of tokens decrease as people might not need to buy the egg as often Reason For Consideration:Make keeping arceus more obtainable
Check out Durant's Shop
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Full support. And also, I'd like to add, that "being less competitive" can even be a positive. We may even see more people participating in tournaments if they know that the prize egg is realistically obtainable and doesn't need a full week of carpal tunnel and buying daycare passes.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Dachsbuns's AvatarDachsbuns
i know you showed this to me before hand, but i fully support this!! like skiddo had said, you'd see more people actively trying in tourney's. more likely than not, its the same group of people trying SUPER hard to place, so a lot of other users give up. personally speaking, i only do tournaments for the medium/hard tokens, if its even possible for me to do so. sometimes, its just a bit more difficult given my hunt, plans, etc. if there were a garentee chance at getting the tournament egg for a lil bit more elbow grease, im sure people would be a lot more willing to go for it! seeing the huge numbers for the top 100 intemidates a lot of players, so they just buy the tokens. as for the price of tokens going down, thats also a good thing, isnt it? it'd go hand in hand with the new beast ball update, too! it'd allow newer users to obtain arceus in an easier fashion without needing an absolutely insane amount of currency to buy the tokens! if the tokens are cheaper, itd mean people would sell them for less, making them significantly more acsessable to the newer players/f2p players! :) all in all, again, it has my full support! despite downsides being listed, i genuinely cannot see and proper negatives to this goal being implimented. :)
HE/HIM • 20 Y/O • ART SHOP! bg/icon by silver raven!
If I may add, as a free user I often feel like reaching the top 100 in a tournament is out of range for me. For, say, an egg-hatching tournament, I feel like non-Hypermode users are at an inherent disadvantage due to the limited amount of daycare eggs compared to players with Hypermode. I understand the tournaments are meant to be competitive, but it often discourages me from shooting for the top 100 when I have comparatively limited resources to achieve the goal.
- 0 Icon by Dachsbuns!
Full support. Having the egg as the 'hard' goal or even a new 'very hard' goal would be instant stress relief. I imagine it'd just be an ordinary egg in that case - will need an egg pass to hatch if you're hunting, and won't have an increased chance of being shiny/albino/melan As for the top 100, perhaps they get the egg + an egg pass + a largely increased chance of it hatching as shiny/albino/melan, so there's still some reward for placing that high.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
Full support. And I definitely agree with @CaptainNessbot as a free user getting to the top 100 is impossible especially when it comes to hatching eggs because people who can afford hypermode are at a huge disadvantage and it's not really fair to people, I've played on here for 4 years and I've made it to the top 100 once but it was for rtes I had to pay for.
Pfp from Pfq
EveRiddle's AvatarEveRiddle
I half support this, mostly as someone whom comes from PF1, I can say that it's taxing to stay on lists for event eggs, I remember trying to make minamum of 300k to 400k interactions/clicks to try stay on those lists; making being bumpped off the list pretty discouraging. So having the egg as very hard task but garenteed target is worth while. While making the top 100 list be a way of obtaining few more tokens depending on where you are in the list. As far as the Arceus argument, can't say I support that part. I mean in all fairness it is a rank that is supposed to be earned by the work you put into it. And it is a good thing to have to work to maintain it, it prevents getting bored or maybe lazy in goals.
  • Shop
  • Other sites
  • Forum Info
Drew the avatar myself, for my use. She is a kitty girl I drew in paint for fun of it. Avatar in my about me currently is also drawn by me, she's a harpy but not colored in. Current Type Race score: 0
I have a shop now ^^. Need to work out some sort of banner/button.
Flight Raising, same username don't mind being poked there but not active on that site as much anymore.
I still get anxious on forums, but trying to work on that. Notr: This pfq tabs I'm using can be found in this guide
I will make this thing pretty at some point
Tempura778's AvatarTempura778
Full support here. F2P here, I see that the new tourney mons are always competitive tournaments (I mean, look at the one going on as of this post: top 100 have thousands of points). I get the argument of Arceus supposed to be the hardest goal to obtain, but as someone who’s spent millions of credits to (basically) speedrun to Arceus, I’d love to have a harder goal to strive to, rather than lose Arceus for weeks after a new tournament drops or shell out 100ZC/equiv minimum per token at the start, just to get the egg
The fiery gal and good luck charm:
× 42 / 1000
An eventual Melan Munkidori hunt (Not actively buying at the moment) Credit to BlueBlissey for September ‘23 Normal Trophy
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'm sorry but this would utterly destroy the Tournaments feature and the entire economy around it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I'm sorry but this would utterly destroy the Tournaments feature and the entire economy around it.
I feel like you're missing the point that no one seems to like or enjoy the current tournaments and surrounding economy. Games are supposed to be fun, even competetive ones. If you have a feature that a majority find tedious, frustrating and boring then it's an issue, not an asset. I was already making notes before this got bopped into rejected so imma put it up anyway The new point and use of Tokens in regards to this suggestion Tokens still need a use! here's a few changes that would give them one: - current season's eggs can only be purchased with current season's tokens in the tourny shop, making them a desirable currency to anyone who likes to hunt new 'mon as soon as they're out. Token value might even jump a bit - especially compared to the current late-season value when no one really needs them after already unlocking the eggs and getting back Arceus. Additionally tokens will still be needed to unlock previous seasons Fakemon still. - change the price of items like doom seeds & black pokeblocks to 1 token each instead of 1 for 5. Especially with doom seeds I feel they're something people use quite often. Easy token sink. - Z-crystals are very sought after! enough that I don't think adding them to the prize shop will make type races any less popular. The easist token sink you could get, really. Make them expensive. - seperate the prize shop into stuff that can be bought with current season's tokens, and stuff that can be bought with last season's tokens. For example, Z-crystals could only be bought with this season's tokens, while a doom seed will cost 1 of last season's tokens. If the economy 'breaks' still, then changes can be made as needed to fix it. I feel like it's worth the risk for the reward of a less cripling tourny system.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page