PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Being able to lock Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12345

dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
bump!
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu
Quarteuchre's AvatarQuarteuchre
in full support of this! especially when i’m trading pokémon, on mobile, its easy for me to accidentally misclick and send the pokémon into a release/other field instead of a designated safe area. i accidentally released the one half of a deinglitch pair i was gifted because i hadn’t realised i put one half in a release field. they were holding nothing, didn’t stand out in the QoL, and thus were released with a bunch of other pokémon. the buttons being squeezed together when selecting fields does make it easy for a finger to send them to the wrong field. at this point, its lovely that at least on mobile, you can tell if a pokémon is holding an item or is a special through use of QoL. but not everyone uses/may want to use it. i play a lot on mobile, so i can relate to the tiny sprites and all that. so sprites can easily look the same as others! sometimes scrolling down to the release button during mass release, its easy to miss out a pokémon not meant to be there. sometimes, we aren’t fully aware, and sometimes, it is done in a rush. no one wants to release special pokémon unless it is purposefully, which some players have done. also reiterating on what other posts have said about some attitudes in responses; just because you don’t need it, doesn’t mean everyone else doesn’t need it! again, QoL is a choice for people to implement. at the end of the day, its their choice whether they want it active or not, and we should respect that too. but i digress. just want to add that another site i used to play on has this feature! a locking option that prevents them from being released or traded away by accident. pretty useful, so i think it could also work here :D i know there are confirmation screens for releasing individual pokémon, but for mass releasing, its only one, hence its, again, easy to miss. my standpoint on this, hopefully something can be done to at least prevent little accidents from happening!

quartz | any pronouns | minor

resident pan living in the kitchen
journal ≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫credits

credits

code @RAINB0W forum icon @me signature pagedoll @glitch on twitter [f2u] pixel divider @racbuc2436 on wordpress [f2u]
type race score; 0
saberia12's Avatarsaberia12
full support i once rescued a pokemon from the shelter that someone ex had released and thanks to my paitence they got it back one of 2 they did get back 2 years later they were so devastated they still dont play on the regular. im all for finding specials and totems... etc in the shelter it makes my day. however we do not have an obligation to give them back and that is heartbreaking and i swear i remember a time someone released a melan years ago and offered double the melan price IN ZC to get it back and the other person delta'd it and Niet gave it back to the person. yes that is a one off but still Also to the person that mentioned noismog earlier. HOLY CRUD. yes that is the most unobvious shiny right next to togepi both are a pain in the rear to see and i have been able to miss specials on not only mobile but my 13inch macbook thanks to some being too similar. not to mention i do not want to lose a mon to the shelter. so to me a red lock would be perfect.
ProfilePic: made by me for me alone. Aka Credit saberia12 08/29/2021 Collecting for a future hunt
× 5 / 500
G'raha Tia's AvatarG'raha Tia
full support. i have a lot of dissociative issues and other such issues and in states like that i could easily see myself making a “dumb mistake” - sure, it would be “my fault”, but i personally don’t see an issue with adding a small feature for peace of mind. especially for those with anxiety who worry about doing something like that by accident! sure, it’s unlikely, but what *if* it happened, you know? adding a lock would help alleviate that worry, imo!

g'raha / kit / kinaster ‖ they/them ‖ 21+

kinaster & veevee hoarder
Score: 0
art / adopt shop journal carrd toyhou.secredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @sketchtune on Toyhou.se Signature Pagedoll @Xtremity on Toyhou.se
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
bump!
Silverfang405's AvatarSilverfang405
Fully support, if it's a feature placed alongside things like the exp lock it would be quite a bit harder to accidentally undo it because you couldn't accidentally click it upon entering a profile. Back when I was a newbie on here I nearly lost a pokemon I was very fond of due to mass releasing, I was trying to hit the target evolution for one of the tasks and was hatching a bunch of eevees to evolve using my barely full grass field. I accidentally released her and if it wasn't for people on here she would have been lost forever, lots of unneeded stress lol My shelter survivor who's been safely home for nearly two years^^
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
bump!
Battermesh's AvatarBattermesh
I genuinely can't believe this isn't a feature yet, I was going to suggest it myself if it wasn't here before. I mainly use mobile and I've lost several Pokémon I wanted to keep because of scrolling and accidentally plopping a Pokémon into a mass release field. I've also almost Wonder Traded a pokemon I was dexing more than once just because I was doing tons of wonder trades beforehand. This would make me overwhelmingly more comfortable in knowing my Pokémon are safe.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page